Invasion of the Crocs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invasion of the Crocs?

This is the first I've read or seen of these ugly things. Are they really catching on that much in Hawai'i? They've obviously been around for a while since Ebay's showing quite a bunch of listings.

Re: Invasion of the Crocs?

Saw 'em at City Mill last week. Man, they're ugly! I don't care how comfortable they are, no one over the age of 10 should be wearing something that goofy looking.

Comment

Yes, they really are catching on. I've got dozens of friends and aquaintances who have been wearing them for a while now, and they kept trying to talk me into it. I don't like the looks of the Crocs, cuz to me they look like Birkenstocks and I'm not a big fan of those. (Did you notice in that S-B article that it refers to them as "clown shoes"?)

But one day a friend demanded that I try his on... and I went to City Mill within minutes and bought two pairs.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui

But one day a friend demanded that I try his on... and I went to City Mill within minutes and bought two pairs.
        Now you've piqued my interest. So, how much were they selling for at City Mill, and were they located in the Gardening section? I'm wondering if our Home Depot might be selling those too.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
          Now you've piqued my interest. So, how much were they selling for at City Mill, and were they located in the Gardening section?
          They were $29.99 plus tax, on a big rack right behind the checkout stands, but they've now got two racks and are in the center aisle.
          They've got a website, at the obvious URL: http://www.crocs.com .
          And Lurkah... great choice of thread title!

Comment

According to the S-B story, City Council Chairman Donovan Delacruz says that "around City Hall he'll wear them with black socks to mask the telltale pukas that allow feet to breathe."

Donovan Delacruz is taking fashion tips from my (deceased) father! Aaack!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
              They were $29.99 plus tax, on a big rack right behind the checkout stands, but they've now got two racks and are in the center aisle.
              They've got a website, at the obvious URL: http://www.crocs.com .
              It's been a month since there were any replies on this thread, so I'm curious: has anyone else has tried a pair of Crocs yet?

Comment

I have,found them hotter and rougher on the feet than my $20 pair of sandles.And solid plastic shoes are just kind of creepy like tech-no-clogs or somethin

Comment

Ok, I clicked the link on. It took time. The first picture was of Mel Cabang...I laughed cause the man is funny! I scrolled down -- YIKES! Won't buy one. Nope, his legs scared me off. Doesn't matter if the rest of the promotional ad's were great. Nope, that going give me nightmares. Now what is CROC'S?

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Yeah, I think they'd just be too radical of a change for me too. Not only would I feel self-conscious wearing them, but I'd also feel foolish spending $30 bucks for a pair. Rubbah slippahs still rule!

Comment

Yeah, Still .99 cent at Fuji Store. Still sore for whack whacks too! Croc's? Yeah right! Up my yang yangs!!!!!!

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

They're ugly as heck, but I tried on a pair last weekend and I can see why people like 'em. They're comfy.

Comment

Ugly but comfortable. Ehh. Reminds me of Birkenstocks.

Comment

My dad has a pair. Of course they're obnoxiously bright yellow, rather than black. They feel kinda funky. Heavier than I'd like. I don't think I'll be getting a pair... especially at the prices I've seen. Think of all the perfectly reasonable pairs of normal shoes that money would get you at Payless!

Comment

I won't be procuring a pair because everyone else has them.

Comment

Working...
                              X