This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny Tadani on KHUI FM

This topic is set up to discuss specifically Tiny Tadani on KHUI FM 99.5 radio. This topic is not to be used to advertise and promote events, merchandise (CDs) and services associated with Mr. Tadani, KHUI or anything else.

We have a topic for buying and selling and it is located at the link below:

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Frankly people get better response at the "For Sale" topic listing garage sales vs. doing a crass promotion for one thing or another.

If you want to discuss eating places and food, there is an entire topic area just for that. It's located at the link below:

Kau Kau Korner

We also have the Jukebox topic where all things related to music is discussed. And finally I started a thread on Aloha Festivals where the ho'olaule'a can be discussed. Whew.

Bottom line is this.

The board here is for discussion of Hawaii radio, specifically this section... so let's stay on focus and discuss Tiny's show here. Other radio topics are available one tier up.

To get the topic started, I haven't yet listened to Tiny's show on 99.5 mainly because I have never been a regular listener of that show or the previous one. Also reception of 99.5 is not very good in my area.

Anyway, Hawaii is a small radio market, and I don't find fault in Tiny striving for the best and aiming to become the number 1 morning show in town. It may not be an attainable goal, but certainly a worthy one.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: Tiny Tadani on KHUI FM

Hey Mel... thanks for finally doing this. I was getting a little tired staying up late and threading before work in the a.m. I'm pretty much done on my end. Was just having fun with the crew who loved to hate me. As I mentioned in earlier responses... I love the publicity... and although it's just a handful that reply... a lot more people check this site out. Or should we say "out of sight!" I apologize because I did turn the thread into a whole publicity stunt to see how long I could carry it out. And I got to share my feelings on a lot of topics including God (sorry MadAzza).

It was fun watching some get so into it that they would dissect every line of mine. Like the Kalihi thing on how I thought Loulen's Restaurant stuck out in Kalihi. When people would pull it out and reply angrily on it... it publicized one of my sponsors at KHUI and one Auntie even said she'd never go there. You know what? she'd never go anyway... just like how she found a way not to show up on the grand opening. Plus... tons of others will just have to go by and see it now that she is making such a fuss over it.

I love getting responses from people... happy, mad, sad... whatever. I was taught in my beginning stages of radio, some 25 years ago, that you have to make the listeners (readers) feel something... but don't make them feel nothing.

And whether they like it or not... they're all broadcasters... or threadcasters in their own way. They want to be heard... they say (write) their peace... and they love making people feel something. They're mostly using the easiest way to get reaction... by trying to taunt each other... and me.

Yes... that means you're all just like me! Welcome to the world of "Tiny!"

C'mon yall... keep this thread going and rip this reply apart... critique every sentence... copy them and then comment on it.

Once more... thanks for all the free advertising here on the "thread."

May God Bless us all and can we all get along too.

tiny

Comment

Just a quick reminder is to keep this thread on topic, and address the radio aspect of Tiny's show and response. Off topic responses are strongly discouraged and should be placed in appropriate topic areas. Finally if you have a personal comment to make, please send a private message to Tiny. I know it will be hard for the people already mentioned in the previous response, but I am trying to keep this thread on topic. Mahalo.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny Tadani
        Hey Mel... thanks for finally doing this. I was getting a little tired staying up late and threading before work in the a.m. I'm pretty much done on my end. Was just having fun with the crew who loved to hate me. As I mentioned in earlier responses... I love the publicity... and although it's just a handful that reply... a lot more people check this site out. Or should we say "out of sight!" I apologize because I did turn the thread into a whole publicity stunt to see how long I could carry it out. And I got to share my feelings on a lot of topics including God (sorry MadAzza).

It was fun watching some get so into it that they would dissect every line of mine. Like the Kalihi thing on how I thought Loulen's Restaurant stuck out in Kalihi. When people would pull it out and reply angrily on it... it publicized one of my sponsors at KHUI and one Auntie even said she'd never go there. You know what? she'd never go anyway... just like how she found a way not to show up on the grand opening. Plus... tons of others will just have to go by and see it now that she is making such a fuss over it.

I love getting responses from people... happy, mad, sad... whatever. I was taught in my beginning stages of radio, some 25 years ago, that you have to make the listeners (readers) feel something... but don't make them feel nothing.

And whether they like it or not... they're all broadcasters... or threadcasters in their own way. They want to be heard... they say (write) their peace... and they love making people feel something. They're mostly using the easiest way to get reaction... by trying to taunt each other... and me.

Yes... that means you're all just like me! Welcome to the world of "Tiny!"

C'mon yall... keep this thread going and rip this reply apart... critique every sentence... copy them and then comment on it.

May God Bless us all and can we all get along too.

tiny
        Wow. Just wow.

I copied the whole message just in case this jackass tries to go back and edit it down the road.

Really want to respond, but I realize now that is exactly what creams his panties. So I won't.

To stay on topic, I haven't listened to Mr. Tadani since he started on KHUI. I don't plan on starting. And I plan on telling as many of my friends as possible to not listen either, and to tell their friends not to listen.

Comment

I love the publicity. (...) I did turn the thread into a whole publicity stunt to see how long I could carry it out. (...) Yes that means you're all just like me! (...) thanks for all the free advertising here on the "thread."
          Grrrrrrrrr...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
            Wow. Just wow.

I copied the whole message just in case this jackass tries to go back and edit it down the road.

Really want to respond, but I realize now that is exactly what creams his panties. So I won't.

To stay on topic, I haven't listened to Mr. Tadani since he started on KHUI. I don't plan on starting. And I plan on telling as many of my friends as possible to not listen either, and to tell their friends not to listen.
            Palolo Joe, Wow lau lau.

Just for that, I'll have to tell my friends to tell their friends to tell their auntie's (no pun intended) cousin's sistahz nieces, nephew's braddahz sistahz faddahz auntie's cousin's fo' check out Tiny's show! It's called the "Baby Luau Effect". And believe me, I've got lots of family and friends to make that effect happen.

I mean that sincerely. Tiny's first week at KHUI has really been positive. He also did a great job last night at the KHUI stage 1 in Waikiki. The audience loved him.

So Palolo Joe, you're a small minority of a bigger picture we call the island of Oahu. Why don't you just start a "I Hate Tiny Tandani Thread" or a "Tiny Tadani Sucks" blog somewhere else in netville? Then you and others can waste away your life in hate and negativity.

One last note: This thread has no chance of staying on topic if the HaterAde drinkers continue to post.

Please stop the hating!

Tiny, much mahalo for your composure through all of this. It takes a MAN (not a kid as Madazza called you) to listen to all this and not want to throw a few punches. Craig Watanabe summed it all well in his last post on da odda' thread. Also, keep praising Our Lord, as he is what ALL of us need in this time of despair for our nation and the world. Keep up the good work, and I'll certainly be tuned in to the NEW KHUI! Aloha
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

When people would pull it out and reply angrily on it... it publicized one of my sponsors at KHUI and one Auntie even said she'd never go there.
              Ya know, I thought you were smarter than that, Tiny. Your latest post insulted all of us. It was a stunningly dumb move.
              You are wildly mistaken if you think that makes for successful advertising for your sponsors. Would you care to guess how many calls complaining about you that your sponsors have to receive before they drop you?
              Hint: it's a helluva lot less than you seem to think.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                So Palolo Joe, you're a small minority of a bigger picture we call the island of Oahu.
                A small minority? Hah. Bad guess. Wanna try again?
                Pomai, your profile here shows that your homepage of http://www.shackhawaiikai.com is for The Shack restaurant in Hawaii Kai. Your occupation is listed as "advertising".
                You come in here and flame us and you wanna see a "bigger picture", try imagining the steps our "small minority" can take in making calls there and boycotting your business at The Shack. Gee, could you possibly be one of Tiny's sponsors?

You and Tiny come in here and claim you're both gonna increase your business by insulting us?
                Heh.
                Last edited by LikaNui; September 10, 2005, 08:21 AM.

Comment

I know this may be hard to do, but probably the best solution is to just ignore the topic and let it die... which means no response to Tiny and his posts. The worst thing an advertiser wants is no response one way or another to the product or service they are pitching.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                    You and Tiny come in here and claim you're both gonna increase your business by insulting us?
                    Heh.
                    I didn't just "come in here". I've been with this message board since its inception, and even before that at Mel's "old school" board.

As for The Shack, that's what I mean. This thread will stray way OT if the hating continues.

Palolo, I apologize for the harsh words. Can we just try to be more positive?
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Mel, I think there may be some confusion about the Marketplace forums.

Both the buying and selling section specifically state 'no commercial postings please'. Folks that want to post announcements or promotions (like DC and Jim Collier) that are of a more comercial nature really don't fit within the specs of the two forums available to them.

I've pm'd Ryan about adding a section for the promotional type sales there as well as a suggestion for another forum specifically where members can work out things in situations like this, where they've been called out publically and a fisking challange has been thrown down.

Perhaps you, Ryan and Helen could confrence on it and see what pans out?

>edit for one too many 'L's<
                      Last edited by Peshkwe; September 10, 2005, 09:17 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure how to do all that replying with showing previous quotes and everything... but here's what Palolo Joe wrote:

"Really want to respond, but I realize now that is exactly what creams his panties. So I won't."

I finally found a way to shut his mouth!!! Ha ha ha. Nah, watch... he'll keep responding. Even LikaNui had to take a swing. C'mon guys... whatever happened to what you told me early on this thread... "Can't you take it?" Harder when you're on the other end... getting commented on by others, huh? Yes, I'm a Christian... but I fall and I like to stick up for myself sometimes even if it means being brutally honest with my feelings and your guys' lack of feelings.

Alrightty now... I'm gonna lay it on the line so you can all freak out and respond... or make a new thread... or Mel may either laugh or shut this down... but here is my take of most of you. I'm just going by memory... so I may totally mispell your names... cause I can't figure out the pronounciation of most of them anyway. This is my version of your REPUTATIONS (to me). Sorry, no chicklets... just pure honesty:

LikaNui - You can dish it out... but you can't take it. Sometimes you seem to get it... and other times you don't. Mad at the world. I like you when you're happy... try be that way more.

Craig Watanabe - Smart media guy who knows, cuz he's been there. We're not close or anything, but I do respect this guy. He knows when to get down and when to be positive. Plus, he's got the gonads to use his real name! We should all "Wanna-be" more like "Watanabe."

Palolo Joe - Very sad. I know he'd slug back whenever I posted certain things. I know no matter what I wrote... especially about you... you'll have to come slugging back. But I'm gonna totally be up & up here... and I hope you can take it... you will respond, but please try not to swear of say stupid things like "cream you panites" because your true identy shines when you do that. But I hope you can become a better man from this. Brother, I try not to hate you or anyone... and you are probably a much better man in person.
                        But you have serious issues in your writing personality. So negative and pilau. I pray for you to grow up and stop trying to incite and hurt people. If you have any backround in God... or any kind of positve belief... go back. Find God and change. It's never to late to be saved. And you know what... we all fall... maybe I am taking a dive right now... but I hope not. Whatever mean comeback you'll have for me... and I feel a big "devil-ish" one coming... I'll still love you like a brother. God Bless you.

Scrivener - Like Craig, very respected. Can tell he's a real genuine guy. He taught me alot about this thread business. Yes, you really can make it work for you if you don't fight it... thanks, dude.

Peskwe and Pzarquon - I hope I remembered and spelled your names right. I always feel like I'm looking at an eye chart when I see your posts. You two are very neggy too... but for some reason, I see two good people behind your Thread fronts. I think you're just having some fun here. I guess I'll find out with your responses here.

MadAzza - What the heck does that mean? Kudos for putting your picture on the top of your replies. Is that you? You seem to be having a lot of fun... but sometimes you lose it and get pilau/nasty. You may either need God or a boyfriend. My guess is both.

Lurkah - Like the two PP boys... I see you having fun here... little bit too negative for me... but whatevers.

Langi - You don't email a lot, but you seem to be a person of God. I know you're not Brother Sam because I talk to Sam all the time. But thanks for all the support and keep being positive!

The 2 Kimo's (halliway & 55) - You guys are pretty honest... although one of you got busted on lying about your age on one of these threads. But your comments... although can hurt a little... seem genuine. And I can't have everyone like my show. So hard feelings.

Glen Miyashiro - Hard to figure you out. But you seem to be very well-respected... I listen to your comments knowing you're just being straight forward.

Lolo Paka - A very nice person... I can tell. You don't reply a whole lot... but when you do, it's good stuff.

Sponge Rider & D'Alani - Like me, you're very young on the site... don't let the others bring you down. I see in your replies... you're good people. There's times when you have to be negative... but in a positive way. I think you guys get that and are on the right track.

Mediababy, Islands & Helen - Very nice. Thanks.

Kona Girl, CarolL & Horsehead - I guess I know some of you. Thank you for the big support on the Thread. Without folks like you guys... I would've just gone off and been the worst example of a "so called Godly man" (at least by myself). Mahalo!

Kilinahe - You don't write often, but when you do... you show your imaturity and ignorance. Your logo makes me think you look like that. You should change that.. and your attitude. You totally represent the other side... I'll pray for you too.

1st Wahine - I saved the best for last. What are you about? You seem to have a bunch of personalities... I hope you conquer your illness. Whether you're Autny Lynn or Auntie Pupule or whatever... at least you're humorous... but sometimes just plain stupid. Sorry, I said I'd be honest.

Mel, sorry but I just wanted to get this out before all these threads are over. This run has been great. I do feel that it is all tied into KHUI because it is about me and I'm just responding to everyone at once. Had sometime before I have to emcee... let me stop now... I won't promote my event today... I promise.

I do hope to start my own website soon... then I can do all the promotions, CD sales, comments, etc. Just been so busy with all the other things I've been doing. But this Thread has been pretty good to me in the meantime. And besides all of us listed here... a lot more read this.... a lot more.... thanks you guys. Especially people in the media business that I know personally... and I think they all get a kick out of this. And for those who know me... HOWZIT?

For the ones I talked about in my "TINY REPUTATION" section here... I know you want to respond. If you don't... that's cool... maybe that's the best. If you do... like Me said, you can do it privately. And I know I left myself open for all the stones to be thrown. Let me just say... I am shielded by the strength given to me by the big Man up above. I don't seem to minister much in public... I pick my times. But this Thread has allowed me to open up a bit... well, a lot about my beliefs. So as the old saying goes... "Sticks and stones may break by bones, but words will never hurt me."

I think I said it all and I don't want to offend this Thread any longer so ALOHA everyone! So bombs away and remember... Listen to me weekdays from 6-10am on The New 99-5 KHUI.

Comment

Tiny,

That was an honest, sraightforward evaluation of the posters here. But you forgot me! **Pomai bangs on computer monitor for attention** lol

My screen name is my real name, just like yours.. and mels.. and a very few others here. I've got nothing to hide.

For the record, I DO NOT KNOW Tiny personally, nor professionally at all. Wanted to introduce myself to you last night at Hoolaulea, but you was busy on stage.

Man, this thread is gonna' be some good readin' when I get back from the beach this afternoon!

Ahui Hou!
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe
                            Mel, I think there may be some confusion about the Marketplace forums.

Both the buying and selling section specifically state 'no commercial postings please'. Folks that want to post announcements or promotions (like DC and Jim Collier) that are of a more comercial nature really don't fit within the specs of the two forums available to them.
                            You are absolutely correct. If the letter of the law regarding the SALE section were followed, we'd only have people announcing garage sales and selling household stuff that they don't want. Commercial postings have been allowed to let stand there... out of my area, but as of today, that is what is.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Tiny, use your notepad to copy and paste the parts you want to quote then put this in front of the quoted section ---> [ quote] (no spacing)

do it again for the end of the quote but this time add in a / just after the first bracket. That'll close off the code... so what you end up with is this (minus the extra spacing I added so it'll show up):

[quote ]Peskwe and Pzarquon - I hope I remembered and spelled your names right. I always feel like I'm looking at an eye chart when I see your posts. You two are very neggy too... but for some reason, I see two good people behind your Thread fronts. I think you're just having some fun here. I guess I'll find out with your responses here.[/quote ]

With the spaces removed it looks like this:

Peskwe and Pzarquon - I hope I remembered and spelled your names right. I always feel like I'm looking at an eye chart when I see your posts. You two are very neggy too... but for some reason, I see two good people behind your Thread fronts. I think you're just having some fun here. I guess I'll find out with your responses here.

By the way...you forgot the 'h', it's Peshkwe erm...what's a 'neggy'? A noogie with a toaster waffle?

>;-}p~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X