• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tasha Kobashigawa leaving KITV

From Erika engle's column today:

http://starbulletin.com/2005/10/20/business/engle.html

Re: Tasha Kobashigawa leaving KITV

I didn't realize she has a commercial pilot's license. Very impressive.
    I enjoyed looking at her doing the news, but I also cringed a lot because she couldn't get through a single news item without tripping over some of the words. Sometimes a lot of the words.
    She seemed uncomfortable on camera quite often, but perhaps that was because she apparently has wanted to leave for the past couple of years.
    I hope she does well and is happy in whatever she does next.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Re: Tasha Kobashigawa pilot

I've seen her at the airport. I knew she was interested in flying. That was always an impressive factor to me. Very cool!

I really like her looks and I guess because I'm not in the business I don't know how to critice how anchors deliver the news, like the subtelties what to look for. She always seemed ok to me.

THe biggest thing though, is that I usually watch Diane Ako at 8 on the weekends, so I never watched Tasha conssitently enough to notice all the mistakes and things someone else just ponited out.

BUt wow, more Tasha at the airport. That's great for me and the guys!

Comment

I heard Tash wanted to still do the tv thing on the weekends but that KITV wouldn't work out or couldn't work out something agreeable to both parties. Oh well, it's the television station's loss if you ask me. She was a great live reporter who covered the news with accuracy and you felt like you could trust what she was saying when she was on the scene. I rate her up there with Minna Sugimoto and Brooks Baher as the reporters anchors would most like to have out in the field. That and she was coming around as a weekend anchor although she did sometimes speak so quickly that she ran over her words. But even that was improving.

Good luck Tash!

Comment

does anybody know who is going to replace tasha?
          and it's very dissapointing to hear that she is leaving. I liked watching her, but the main reason i watch kitv on the weekends is that i like watching her and rob demello together during weather sports and at the end of the show. i hope rob continues to be funny and playful with whover comes next.

Comment

First Jodie, then Lyle, now Tasha. Am I missing something? Why are a lot of reporters getting out of TV?
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
              First Jodie, then Lyle, now Tasha. Am I missing something? Why are a lot of reporters getting out of TV?

Who said Jodie is getting out of TV? She'll be back in January. No compete clause holds until then. Even Jodie knows community theatre can't be more than a hobby!
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Tonight (Oct. 30) is Tasha's last night on TV. She just wrapped the 5 o clock news, nicely decked out with lei. One lei from Mahealani R. was done with airplanes attached. You can see her on Channel 4 for the last time at 10 tonight. May be a keeper to DVD if you want to preserve the memory.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

her little farewell at the end of the 10 o'clock news was, i believe, from the heart. very sincere. i hope she thoroughly enjoys her new career.
                  525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

The final show for tasha was great! I watched the 10 o'clock news and i have said this before, but tasha and demelo are i think the best team in town. the way it ended with tasha and him joking and laughing was perfect. because anyone who watches them all the time know that they are great friends and it showed. i hope tasha reads this one day and knows how much i enjoyed watching her. i hope her replacement whover it is keeps the show the way it is. kudos to kitv for the last segment t couldn't have been any better.

aloha tasha!

Comment

oh man that was hilarious when tasha came back from commercial break and had this great big haku lei on her head.

her goodbye at the end was a little too long for me but what the hell, it's her last night anyway right? good thing about doing the weekend news is that there are no news directors around to dictate how the newscast goes. tash's 10 p.m. producer might get in trouble though.

good luck to you tash and i'm sure you'll be a great pilot. i'm not sure why they didn't give you a part time weekend anchor position like you wanted, stacy loe does that at KGMB. hopefully someone gives you the gig you want in this town before too long.

Comment

anyone know what airline she'll be flying for?
                        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Working...
                        X