Tia Carrera: Dancing with the Stars Season 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tia Carrera: Dancing with the Stars Season 2

Local girl... hotty at that... January 5th beginning... ABC Dancing with the Stars...

Maybe this will give me a reason to watch the show... At least till she gets voted off.

From the fishbowl.com

"say Negotiating Ploy? Dancing with the stars next season: Jerry Rice, Tatum Oneil, Romeo, Tia Carrera..."

Re: Tia Carrera: Dancing with the Stars Season 2

This was the quintessential "guilty pleasure" show. My family was hooked. Even my kids loved it. Apart from the ridiculous "rematch dance-off" last season, it was surprisingly fun.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
      This was the quintessential "guilty pleasure" show. My family was hooked. Even my kids loved it. Apart from the ridiculous "rematch dance-off" last season, it was surprisingly fun.
      I loved the show! But, then, I love to dance! Ask your dad!!! I'll be pulling for Althe...umm...Tia!!!

I also loved 'Rock Star INXS' and I'm nowhere close to being a rocker. I'm a major Jazzhead! Regardless, it was a great show with great talent...for a change!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
        From the fishbowl.com

"say Negotiating Ploy? Dancing with the stars next season: Jerry Rice, Tatum Oneil, Romeo, Tia Carrera..."
        Montague??

Comment

She just had a baby too, good way to work off that pregnancy weight!

KalihiBoy

Comment

Oh man, my mom is so gonna tease my dad about this. She always teases him about liking Carrera from before (like she teased him about liking Shannon Doherty during 90210). We watched the last season, though, so we're definitely watching this new one.
            myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Tia had a baby? When? She married or who's the daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by gavani
                Tia had a baby? When? She married or who's the daddy?
                "Tia Carrere divorced her husband Elie Samaha in February of 2000; she married again, this time to photojournalist Simon Wakelin on December 31, 2002. They have a daughter, Bianca, born September 25, 2005."-Wikipedia

Comment

Interesting article on her and the show in this weeks edition of MidWeek.

Also, just now clicked to me that one of the judges on the show is also a local girl... "Carrie Ann Inaba"

I might be married...

But Damn Tia looks good even after giving birth to her beautiful baby.

Comment

Tia was VERY beautiful tonight, well she is usually very beautiful anyway!

I loved her performance but I gotta say Drew Lachey was wonderful! Also Jerry Rice was great and moved those hips. George Hamilton just made me laugh. Great show tonight, at least I thought.

And you know, I noticed the female judge talking about wanting Tia to represent the "aloha spirit" more in her next performance. I was wondering if she was a local girl herself. Tia to that, of course, flashed da shaka!
                    I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

I was wondering if she was a local girl herself.
                      Yep. I have no doubt the rabid fans of other contestants are going to be looking for signs of favoritism. I also did note all the tropical, island, aloha references. While it's nice to see Hawaii folk representin' (did I just type that?), I hope they don't overdo it. It's just a few more steps to plastic hula skirt/coconut bra territory.

It'll be interesting to see how the show goes with ten teams starting. I guess it means they get a full season out of this show (originally just filler for the network), but I wonder if interest will peter out? I thought last year's run was just long enough -- without the "dance off."

Thought Jerry Rice did well, but not as well as folks were saying. He seemed stiff to me. Enjoyed watching Giselle (the "journalist") and Tatum. But Master P was painful. Even allowing for his abbreviated practice time (he came in at the last minute after his son, Romeo, dropped out). I loved the penguin comparison. I guess like "American Idol," you need the train wrecks as much as you need the talent.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                        Also, just now clicked to me that one of the judges on the show is also a local girl... "Carrie Ann Inaba"
                        Carrie Ann Inaba? Wasn't she a Fly girl once upon a time?

Comment

Go to www.carrieanninaba.tv/

Comment

wow! sweet! man, she was soooo funny in austin powers!

you have to scroll down quite a bit but there's an interesting article on her here:

http://www.onzuka.com/news_2002Sept1.html
                            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

You know when I first saw CAI last season, I thought she might be local girl! That's cool to find out that she is!

I really enjoyed watching Tia's waltz last night, George's facial expressions but I was most impressed with Drew's timing.

Tonight's show was fun and...

I sure didn't expect that Tia would be one of two with the lowest score. I thought for sure that George or Master P would be out this week!
                              Lovena

Comment

Working...
                              X