Where's Larry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's Larry?

Have you notice Larry Price is M.I.A.? Michael W. Perry is very clever with the Larry bumpers, recorded commercials and of course the Larry Price laugh every once in a while. Usually when one of the host goes on vacation, the other host will let the audience know. This time is different. I hope Larry is OK and not in bad health or anything like that. It's been about a month now that Larry has been off the air at KSSK. I kinda miss the fumbling vocabulary and miss stated facts Larry is known for. So where is Larry?

Re: Where's Larry?

I don't know, but I didn't know that he was a professor at Chaminade University.

According to his midweek column, he didn't update any of the posts for December.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Larry Price has recently gone through heart by-pass surgery. He is home recovering according to an item that appeared in Wayne Harada's ShowBiz column in today's (Dec. 27) Honolulu Advertiser. Sorry I don't have the URL.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Here is today's "Show Biz" column from Wayne Harada.

I was wondering where you where a couple of weeks ago at John Dominis, Dr. Price. Get well soon, Coach!

Paul

Comment

He doesn't talk about it much ('though it does appear in his bio at the John Dominis show), but Larry Price is Dr. Price; he has a doctorate from USC. The majority of the mispronunciations and stuff is schtick, just part of his on-air persona. If you've ever spoken with him one-on-one, you know what I mean. Man's no fool.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Get well soon, Dr. Price.
            Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

One thing I learned about Larry Price...ummm Dr. Price is if he likes you he'll talk to you. If he doesn't like you he'll smile and nod and that's about it.

I used to walk past his office at Clear Channel and on some Sunday mornings he would be in there pecking away on his computer busy at work. I would say hi and he would just nod at me with a professional smile.

Was it something I said? I don't know but I still respect the guy.

Now Paul Ogata...you, Augie T. and some Hawaiian woman (I can't remember her name) were performing at Kamigata's in the Manoa Marketplace years ago. Who was that woman?
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                Now Paul Ogata...you, Augie T. and some Hawaiian woman (I can't remember her name) were performing at Kamigata's in the Manoa Marketplace years ago. Who was that woman?
                That was Kehau Jackson. Verrrry funny, and a couple of years ago she moved to the big island... of Australia, where she is tearing it up!

Back then she went by Kehau Baijo, but has since remarried. Look her up and tell her I said hey.

Wow... Kamigata's, huh? Man, that was a while back. Used to do that one with "big daddy", James Grant Benton. Ah the memories.
                Last edited by Paul Ogata; December 30, 2005, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                  Larry Price is Dr. Price; he has a doctorate from USC.
                  Here's a story that mentions Price's USC education.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata
                    That was Kehau Jackson. Verrrry funny, and a couple of years ago she moved to the big island... of Australia, where she is tearing it up!

Back then she went by Kehau Baijo, but has since remarried. Look her up and tell her I said hey.

Wow... Kamigata's, huh? Man, that was a while back. Used to do that one with "big daddy", James Grant Benton. Ah the memories.
                    Das right wow how did I forget him. Yeah I was having a business dinner with my business partner Mike Vasconcellos and we invited you guys over to our table for some light conversation. I can't remember that night too well as we were kinda tanked up with beer. But that was the first time I saw all three of you and thought what a strange place to do stand up comedy...in a japanese restaurant. I still got your CD Mental Talapia (or something like that)

Comment

Hopefully he has a successful recovery.

KSSK isn't the same without him.
                      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Hope Larry is OK. I am a former KSSK/Clear Channel alumnus. He's a nice man, and will engage in small talk if greeted with a pertinent greeting or question.

On the other hand, Paul Wilson (Program Director) is a giant poopy head. I am trying to keep my PG rating, hence, the baby talk description. Ick. Yuck. 'Nuff said.
                        Feed the world's hungry, visit: www.thehungersite.com

Comment

Originally posted by dizzytaylor
                          [...]On the other hand, Paul Wilson (Program Director) is a giant poopy head. I am trying to keep my PG rating, hence, the baby talk description. Ick. Yuck. 'Nuff said.
                          Sometimes baby talk says it all. Thanks for the laugh!

Comment

Now let's not get into that name game with Paul Wilson. He's a very busy man with an incredable task. For a man who's burning both ends of the candle plus the middle, I give him credit for at least giving me the time to talk to him during his busy schedule and he doesn't shoot down your wild ideas either. He'll give you enough rope to either swing from or hang yourself but at least he gives you that opportunity.

So is Larry back yet? Being wayyyy over here on the Hilo side of the Big Island, we can't get KSSK AM or FM.

Comment

Sorry, Craig. I respect your opinion of Paul, but, in my opinion he has the personality of a mudfish. He was one of my bosses and I reserve the right to think he possesses very few people skills. He won't even look you in the eye, for crying out loud! Different strokes...glad you like him...

On a more positive note, I can make a call and find out more about Larry's condition.
                              Feed the world's hungry, visit: www.thehungersite.com

Comment

Working...
                              X