new eats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new eats

share the newest place you've tried, or some place that you'd like to get the word out about. i am always looking for someplace new to go, so let's hear it!

Re: new eats

BC Burrito in Kaimuki on Waialae Ave (old location of Eddie's Burgers)

made to order burritos for around $6, served wrapped in foil with a plastic bag around it that allows you to eat it by hand without making a mess. good sized burrito made with fresh ingredients. i had a super burrito with carnitas, black beans, and tomatillo salsa, which was pretty good. apparently, BC Burrito is a small chain from Colorado. if you are in the area and are looking for a quick bite, they are worth checking out!

Comment

"El Mariachi" in Kaneohe, at 45-1151 Kamehameha Hwy (corner of Kam Hwy and Lilipuna Road). Small place but delicious Mexican food and great prices! Just opened a few onths ago.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

dass good ta know. now I'm good ta go.
        cuz i wuv mexican comida, yeayoobetcha.

Comment

Two new places have opened at the Remington College Building, Bishop Street, Downtown Honolulu:

3 Star Catering - "Gourmet" plate lunch style food. Their crab cake sandwich is delicious!

Holimoli's - Hawaiian/Samoan food including laulau, kalua pig, lomi salmon, poi and a poke bar. I had the lomi salmon & poi today -
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Pyramids on Kapahulu for Mediterranean food. Good lunch buffet and reasonably priced under $10 per person (the last time we were there). Save space for their rice pudding. Been going there for years whenever we get that far into town.

Comment

right on! all good stuff.

another new place i've tried recently is Fiesta's Mexican Grill in Ewa. I had a "Kitchen Sink Burrito" which was pretty good for $8.99. When you live in Ewa Beach, you tend to not want to venture out of Ewa at dinner time because of the traffic but there's not too many places to choose from so Fiesta's is a very welcome addition.....

Comment

Not a restaurant but a definite must-try for chocolate lovers is Padovani's Chocolates at 151 Queen St between Alakea and Bishop which opened a couple of weeks ago. Philippe (from the recently closed Padovani's but that's a whole nother story) says they are making ultra-premium chocolates. One or two of these would brighten any chocolate fiend's day I think.

Comment

ooh, that's actually a good tip.

Comment

Yanni's (Greek/Mediterranean cuisine)
                    Restaurant Row

Went there last Fri. People were having a blast with the traditional dancing--plates/glasses being thrown, alcohol being lit on fire on the floor--the whole bit. It was later at night, so I only had drinks there, but the food coming out from the kitchen for other patrons looked quite enticing. I also liked the very large wood fire oven they have for pizzas and the like.

Link to the only article I can find on the place so far:
                    http://starbulletin.com/2005/10/14/business/engle.html

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
                      Yanni's (Greek/Mediterranean cuisine)
                      Restaurant Row

Went there last Fri. People were having a blast with the traditional dancing--plates/glasses being thrown, alcohol being lit on fire on the floor--the whole bit. It was later at night, so I only had drinks there, but the food coming out from the kitchen for other patrons looked quite enticing. I also liked the very large wood fire oven they have for pizzas and the like.

Link to the only article I can find on the place so far:
                      http://starbulletin.com/2005/10/14/business/engle.html
                      Did you see signage calling it Yanni's? I spoke with the owner a month or so ago and he said the place is called Dolce Ristorante but everyone I've heard from calls it Yanni's. Whatever it's called - it sounds like a happening place.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp
                        Did you see signage calling it Yanni's? I spoke with the owner a month or so ago and he said the place is called Dolce Ristorante but everyone I've heard from calls it Yanni's. Whatever it's called - it sounds like a happening place.

They've been advertising it in the newspaper as Yanni's. Perhaps they changed the name to distance it more from the previous restaurant (which was Italian?).

Comment

Happening for you "young kids", maybe. Das all I need is for my 6 yr. old daughter to see grown ups breaking dishes and glasses on purpose.

Comment

Dis is great. Keep 'em coming; please no stop now.

I stuck in Honolulu until June, so I really need ideas for eating places.
                            Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

PK, list your favorite grinds and maybe we can get more specific.
                              Also where you're staying, oh wot, Palama? <LOL> Others may know good eats near your location.

Comment

Working...
                              X