Spam JAM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam JAM!

Supports the Hawaii Food Bank and looks to be FUN this Saturday.

Starts at 4:00 p.m. and ends at 10:00 p.m. Hope to see some of you there.

Re: Spam JAM!

Here's the official Waikiki Spam Jam Street Festival website. See also: Spam Varieties!

Not sure if we'll make it this year, but we went last year (I even recorded a segment for my podcast) and enjoyed ourselves. I actually wished the participating restaurants tried harder to incorporate spam into their dishes (some seemed to have 'token spam dishes' but sold mostly conventional fare) -- but I guess they can't expect spam dishes to sell too well in Waikiki.

Comment

Originally posted by idvfilms
      Supports the Hawaii Food Bank and looks to be FUN this Saturday.

Starts at 4:00 p.m. and ends at 10:00 p.m. Hope to see some of you there.
      Yes! Please give to da Hawaii Food Bank cause I go every month to get food for MAMA and me!

Wat? I not shame! Times are hard!

Shame is when you STEAL!!

I no qualify for Food Stamps!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ne/food007.jpg
      http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ne/food018.jpg
      http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ne/food020.jpg

Auntie Alyn
      Last edited by 1stwahine; April 25, 2006, 01:18 PM.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I know many of you know but for those who don't~!

"The Waikiki Spam Jam®, which starts at 4:00 p.m. and ends at 10:00 p.m., is quickly becoming one of the most popular festivals in Hawaii because of its great food and entertainment in a family-friendly atmosphere. Local residents and visitors alike have made this an annual tradition. Last year, an estimated 20,000 people attended the event"

k I know this isn't sashimi but it's almost just as good

Comment

Hmm. I was thinking of going, but the weather seems to have turned. At least out here in Mililani, not sure how it is in Waikiki.

But... Mick, you planning a videoblog entry from this year's festival? I could always enjoy it vicariously through your lens!
          Last edited by pzarquon; April 29, 2006, 02:24 PM.

Comment

i luv it. held on kalakaua. the web site sez.
            kalakaua is a loooooong rd. WHERE on kalakaua?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
              i luv it. held on kalakaua. the web site sez.
              kalakaua is a loooooong rd. WHERE on kalakaua?
              You remind us you're kama'aina, yet you keep acting like one malihini...

It's in the same place EVERY OTHER block party is held in Waikiki along Kalakaua. Just drive down the road... when you hit the roadblock and get forced onto Kuhio, THAT'S where the Spam Jam is.

Comment

I decided at the last minute to head down to Waikiki anyway, somewhat reluctant family in tow. There was only a bit of rain, and clearly, thousands of people weren't deterred by the gray skies. Plenty of food, Spam merchandise, and live music and entertainment.

And I even ran into our Mr. IDVFilms himself! His camera is much bigger than mine... but I'm comfortable with that.

So, for your enjoyment, a videoblog entry by yours truly documenting the 2006 Waikiki Spam Jam!

Comment

Ryan: Great production values... and your keiki are too damn cute...

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                    You remind us you're kama'aina, yet you keep acting like one malihini...

It's in the same place EVERY OTHER block party is held in Waikiki along Kalakaua. Just drive down the road... when you hit the roadblock and get forced onto Kuhio, THAT'S where the Spam Jam is.
                    good bit o help, there pard. Tried to get down kalakaua yesterday. Creepin along at 5mph at beretania. gave up after half hour and one block
                    "just drive down the road" indeed.
                    the roadblock apparently was at King.

Comment

As cliche as it is, the one and only SPAM MUSUBI is the ULTIMATE recipe ever conceived of this product. With a strip of crisp nori and a light teriyaki glaze.. the best. Any recipe trying to replace real ham with SPAM is destined for my blacklist.

Funny, I live part-time in Waikiki, yet NEVER attend any of these Kalakaua block party events. Talk about taking things for granted.
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                        With a strip of crisp nori and a light teriyaki glaze.. the best. Any recipe trying to replace real ham with SPAM is destined for my blacklist.
                        I'm sure hoping you meant to say, "Any recipe trying to replace SPAM with real ham is destined for my blacklist."

Ryan, all your videos make for great watching. Your choices in music aren't bad, either.
                        Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

I had a great time last nite...the food could have been more spamly...but it was alright...plus strangely i didn't see any real bathroom facilities. Plus no spam musubi (except for ABC stores). Check out some of our pictures over here. MeetinHonolulu
                          'If you have a problem. If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire, The A Team"

Comment

I wonder if I'd get mobbed if I walked around the SPAM JAM wearing a TULIP or TREET T-Shirt? Probably at the least, a few sarcastic comments from SPAM purists.
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                              I wonder if I'd get mobbed if I walked around the SPAM JAM wearing a TULIP or TREET T-Shirt? Probably at the least, a few sarcastic comments from SPAM purists.
                              Good picture and entry foa one Blogg! I can imagine da title..."LOLO gets Mug!"

ROFLMAO

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                              X