Honolulu: 100 Years In The Making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honolulu: 100 Years In The Making

KGMB rebroadcasted this informative and interesting show last night, which premiered on June 18, 2006.

If you seen it, what's your take on it?
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Re: Honolulu: 100 Years In The Making

Lot's of old footage. I really enjoy going back (gee I guess I'm officially old, I remember when I was young, I would walk 3.5 miles to school and without shoes, too. Bread used to only cost...). KGMB did a great job with this one.
    Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

I kept hearing my 81 year old MAMA saying, "Oh! My goodness!" and laughing all the time. It brought back so much great memories for her as well as I. It was better than all the Yobo movies put together!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Considering I ashamedly know close to jack about any of that stuff aside from the more recent things (entirely too sad when I've lived here all my life), I loved watching it. I learned a lot of stuff, and it's just magical to see all those images of older Hawai`i that I never saw before, like the footage of Duke Kahanamoku's funeral...all the people in the water singing. I made my parents stop watching Hell's Kitchen so they could watch this with me. They got all excited when the part about the Diamond Head crater concerts came up, they remember going to those.
        myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

It was all very interesting. I got here in 1978, just after the Termite Palace closed, so it was fun to see all the pictures of that.
          http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I had it on in the background while I was working so I wasn't doing either justice! What I saw of the show I loved. It brought back incredibly wonderful memories. Now I want a DVD! I wonder if it is or will be offered.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
              Now I want a DVD! I wonder if it is or will be offered.
              If it is, I want a copy of it as well. I would have loved to have viewed this show; historical documentaries of this sort (especially ones dealing with Hawai'i) are one of favorite types of shows to watch on television.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy
                If it is, I want a copy of it as well.[...]
                I just emailed an inquiry to KGMB.

Comment

Working...
                X