Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertiser joins blogosphere

Yep, it's true. The URL is http://blogs.honoluluadvertiser.com/

You'll find Catherine Toth (features), Dan Nakaso (biz), Jerry Burris (politics), Steven Tsai (UH sports), and David Shapiro (unclassifiable) there.

I think Tsai's stated mission is too limited (UH Sports only? Why stop there?), but we'll see.
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Re: Advertiser joins blogosphere

Ooh! Beat me by mere minutes!

Yes, the Honolulu Advertiser is gettin' bloggy wit' it. Hot on the heels of our debate and discussion on the dearth of "real voices" coming from our morning daily, they put five writers on the front lines, each with eminently bloggable topic areas. Personal opinions? Immediate reader feedback? I wonder how this experiment is going to turn out. Especially seeing how their reader forum works and doesn't work.

Kudos to them for giving it a shot, anyway. I wouldn't have bet on them being the first to wade into this particular pool (I think only KITV has a blog-esque feature online, otherwise). I'll be checking in... even if it's for what's not being said as much as what's actually said.

Will the Bulletin follow suit? Or just rely on off-the-books blogs and message board posts? And... how long 'til a thread here is blogged by the folks at RedHibiscus.com?

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
      David Shapiro (unclassifiable)
      VERY funny!
      And hey, maybe they should have Jeffrey Green do one too?!?.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Spotted a color house in the Island Life section featuring Catherine Toth juggling a reporter's notepad and press pass, notebook, camera, cell phone, and tennis racket. The winning detail? She's (half) wearing pajamas! (See: pajamahadeen.)

The copy reads: "Dishing it. It's about balancing work and play. It's about bad hair days. It's about whatevah. It's a new way to connect from a Hawaii perspective. The Daily Dish with Catherine Toth. Candid. Unfiltered. Interactive."

They're saying all the right things. Here's hoping it gets a real chance.

Comment

Nice. We have certainly flung dung at the Adv. more than once around here; it's good to see something happening that can earn praise; hope Mr. Green makes note of that.

Comment

I knew I wasn't dreaming!!!!

K-den. Da reason The Advertiser is now Blogging ~ dey got mad wen Jon Asato wen take down his sites due to the threats of Bev Harbin! Will Bev Harbin threaten The Advertiser the same way. I no tink so. Dey get the money to fight back the coocoo lady!

Once again, I stress...this is my OPINION. Nobody has told me to write it. I take FULL RESPONSIBILITY.

Auntie pUpule

p.s. I go back moe moe.
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

[QUOTE=And hey, maybe they should have Jeffrey Green do one too?!?.[/QUOTE]

I could, but there is not much a 50-year old, twice married, washed up old haole ad/marketing guy could blog about that our online audience would find interesting. More fun putting my opinions out here and stirring you guys up.

I do thank you all for the kind words about our efforts. It's a brave, new world for us. We are hopeful that some of our bloggers will build a following.

Comment

It is brave. It is also a great way to trigger new story ideas for the writers. I like Cat a lot, but she's not my demographic. I wish there was a woman blogging I could relate to more. She's got the younger set covered well. I see she gets tons of responses! Maybe my demo isn't a target, but I just heard a story on the radio the other day that discussed how the big bucks are in the AARP set, and that will be me pretty soon!

So don't underestimate yourself or the rest of us more seasoned types!
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrey Green
                  I could, but there is not much a 50-year old, twice married, washed up old haole ad/marketing guy could blog about that our online audience would find interesting. More fun putting my opinions out here and stirring you guys up.
                  Um, other than the "twice-married, washed-up ad/marketing guy" part, that description could fit me. You sayin' I can't blog?
                  http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                    Um, other than the "twice-married, washed-up ad/marketing guy" part, that description could fit me.
                    Heck, he can keep those parts and it does fit me!

Comment

I could, but there is not much a 50-year old, twice married, washed up old haole ad/marketing guy could blog about that our online audience would find interesting.
                      This is scary - I fit about 75% of that description, too. Are we an under-served demographic in the blogging community?

Comment

hehehehehehe.

My fever juss dropped.

I dunno why but it just did.

Guess from all the smiles and laughing.

hehehehehehe.

Auntie Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

More fun putting my opinions out here and stirring you guys up.
                          Might be fun for you, but I wouldn't miss it much if you stopped.

Okay, okay, okay.

I wouldn't miss it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                            This is scary - I fit about 75% of that description, too. Are we an under-served demographic in the blogging community?
                            Apparently so. Three of us already.
                            See, Jeffrey? You do need to do a blog! But if not, go ahead and keep stirring things up here. We love it. (Well, most of us do.)

Comment

Of course, I was joking. As others on HT will happily point out, there probably isn't a single area these days where we "aging boomers" are under-represented...and most of those same folks wish we'd hurry up and get out of their way! (Which is exactly what I am doing, day by day by day - and no, that is NOT a cue to get out your old "Godspell" albums.)

Comment

Working...
                              X