Restaurants with meeting rooms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restaurants with meeting rooms?

We're always trying to find a restaurant that can accommodate about 20 people so that we can conduct a meeting in a separate area so that we don't bother people with our discussion and vice versa. Cuisine doesn't matter, but we're looking for someplace in the metropolitan Honolulu area. We used to use Yen King at Kahala Mall, but sometimes some poor family would be placed in our room because the side-room was a little too large for us to monopolize.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Re: Restaurants with meeting rooms?

Assuming you don't need wall space to do some sort of presentation then maybe the Pagoda Floating Restaurant might do. They have at least one extra hut that is away from the main section for a group. You sure you might have to walk a little extra to get to the buffet area but it looks like it can handle 20 people.

Comment

We have better luck (both on Oahu and in Kona) by getting a meeting room and bringing in food, or having it catered if we have enough people to feed (ie volume) so that we can negotiate a good price.

Comment

Let's see, the side room or back room at Columbia Inn Kapiolani ... oh, closed. Now a car dealership.

Um -- the large side room at the Yum Yum Tree in Ward Centre ... oh, try wait. Closed.

Okay -- everybody grabs their own plate lunch and brings beach chairs to Kakaako Waterfront Park, or Ala Moana Park ...

Yanagi Sushi maybe, on Kapiolani? Maybe not enough to fit 20.

I wonder about Gyo-Taku on King Street (owned by the former Columbia Inn GM) ... Could the Pancake House on Kapiolani accommodate you?

Seriously though, I'm trying to think of venues ... and I guess I just don't get out much.

GOT IT! Side Street Inn on Hopaka St.!!! (Where the chefs hang out after hours.)
        I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Thanks Erica. You wouldn't think that finding a place would be so hard, but unless you're willing to pony up for hotel catering, it's tough to find a good venue. Luckier folks have a large conference room and can order in, but we're still trying to find someplace that'll work.

Comment

Some of the newer places do have rooms that you don't have to pay extra for: Shokudo on Kapiolani (big plus is the plentiful free parking in the building), E&O Trading Co. at Ward and I think Romano's Macaroni Grill at Ala Moana has a room as well but I'm not sure how many it accommodates. We've used Shokudo before a couple of times and service has always been great and the food is good. Shokudo does have a 2-hour time limit on using the room.

Comment

I don’t know if this would work for you, but what about Morton’s Steakhouse at Ala Moana Shopping Center? They have a completely separate private dining room. I went there once to a birthday party (party of 12), but it seems it could accommodate more. Might be a bit pricey, though.

Comment

The Willows has quite a few different sized rooms you can use. The best part is that the rooms are air conditioned.
                You can take the boy out of Hilo but you can't take the Hilo out of the boy!

Comment

Ah! I forgot this thread. I ended up asking about meeting rooms in the "party rooms" thread. As it turns out, the first place I thought of turned out to be perfect, and yes, Kory K, it was The Willows! I got the "floating canoe" table for lunch, and the cozy Honolulu Room for the "meeting."

It was perfect. Chantel there was just awesome in setting everything up. Lunch was as picturesque as could be, and when it came time to get down to business and set up some recording equipment, they were ready to go, too. Our party of five was handled perfectly, even though there was a big HMSA luncheon going on at the same time.

Comment

If you're out airport/Pearl City way, Buzz's has a separate meeting room plus its upstairs section.
                    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

When I went to the Pagoda last week I noticed that they got 3 external huts that seem able to handle at least 10 people. Didn't check into it as to the exact number of people it can hold.

Comment

I've attended dinner lectures before at the Diamond Head Grill at the W and at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Both times went smoothly.

I've also been to Royal Garden at the Ala Moana Hotel, but I hear it's hit or miss over there. The night I went it was pretty slow, but I've heard of stories where it just got too loud.
                        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                        We're not here to mess around
                        Boston, you know we love you madly
                        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                        You know we couldn't live without you
                        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Working...
                        X