Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Wal-Mart Super Center To Be On Kauai

Honolulu Advertiser Article

Wal-Mart has proposed establishing its first store in Hawai'i with a full-line supermarket by expanding its existing Kaua'i store.

The world's largest retailer said it has no immediate plans to convert any other Hawai'i Wal-Marts to its Supercenter format. But the Kaua'i site will be a test to see whether the chain can establish a food vendor base to support the format in this geographically isolated state.

"We have to learn how to do fresh food (in Hawai'i)," said Chris Danos, a Wal-Mart real estate manager. "It's a test."
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Re: First Wal-Mart Super Center To Be On Kauai

The map in the Advertiser is in error. The current location of the Lihue Wal-Mart is closer to Wilcox Memorial Hospital, just above Ahukini Road, not below Ahukini Road indicated on the map. However on the off-chance that proposed Super-Center will be at a new location in Lihue shown on that map, then parking would be a problem.

Comment

I got inside information on Wal-Mart's plans for Kauai

They're building the expansion for the Super Center on the north side of the existing building, which will cover a small parking lot, and a large grass field between the store and Wilcox Memorial Hospital. I'm sure it will be an eyesore for the residence at Sun Village, which is a retirement home type of deal immediately behind the hospital.
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery
        I got inside information on Wal-Mart's plans for Kauai

They're building the expansion for the Super Center on the north side of the existing building, which will cover a small parking lot, and a large grass field between the store and Wilcox Memorial Hospital. I'm sure it will be an eyesore for the residence at Sun Village, which is a retirement home type of deal immediately behind the hospital.
        Wasn't that on the news a few days ago?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
          Wasn't that on the news a few days ago?
          Maybe. But I knew this back in December.

flickr

Comment

Whoa scared of you lol But seriously it should be interesting experiment.
            I have my doubts that Wal-Mart will be able to create a supply chain
            to adequately replenish a supercenter here in Hawaii.
            Check out my blog on Kona issues :
            The Kona Blog

Comment

So why keep it a secret from HT? We all keep our mouths shut about things

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                So why keep it a secret from HT? We all keep our mouths shut about things
                'Cause I joined in July Ok, I'll share things that I know are true fo sho from here on out

flickr

Comment

Working...
                X