Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mindfreak

Anyone watch Mindreak?
    Any theories on how Criss Angel does his magic?
    just started: mililaniblog.com

Re: Mindfreak

I heard him on Penn Gillette's (Penn & Teller) radio show podcast, and what he said was (paraphrasing) "I don't do magic, I trick you". He also admitted that some of those people on the street are plants that facilitate the gag.

Sometimes it's simply video editing. I read an explanation of the motorcycle jump where he seems to disappear in a pyro explosion. He showed up in the crowd (the end of the gag), then rode around on the bike and did some jumps (beginning of the gag), it was then announced that there would be a pyro explosion "because Criss likes that stuff". When the explosion went off, a crane dropped the motorcycle on the dirt ramp (middle of the gag). A little non-linear video editing later and...yup, he tricked us.

This was based on an elleged first person account of the evening posted on the internet...soooooo it could also be a bunch of shibai too.

Comment

Tell me it isn't so!!!
      I like the stuff he seems to pull off.
      So he's just another Benny Hinn, bummer. HaHa!
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Would a magician even post in this thread?
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Rahr, here's some vids with explanations or general discussion on how some tricks may be done. Levitation was explained by Criss himself (I think this may be the one from his DVD) and the other two only have speculations by visitors but they give you a general idea of the trick.

Levitation explanation

Walking on water

Walking through glass

My parents think that the woman he pulls in half in the park is really a midget with a fake body, or something to that extent. We have fun watching the show and trying to figure out the illusion.
          myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador
            Anyone watch Mindreak?
            Any theories on how Criss Angel does his magic?
            Criss is the DEVIL(notice how he rises out of the ground in his opening?)! It's amazing the "tricks" he does. To float between two buildings in daylight is cool.
            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
            Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Jeff
              A little non-linear video editing later and...yup, he tricked us.
              It has nothing to do with whether it's linear or non-linear editing. It's just changing the order in which the videos are shown through editing.

Linear editing is usually with tape to tape editing systems, while non-linear editors are computer based programs like Final Cut or Avid. It is the system used that makes the difference, not the style.
              Dreaming of the sun from Canada

Comment

Working...
              X