Invincible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invincible

OK, yeah, I'm a South Jersey Girl and the Philly Iggles are my team, then come the Phillies. And on top of that I grad high school in '76.

So let me just say this was one Phricken Phine Philly movie. I wanna see it again and again. I want the sound track. Ted Nugent still rocks!

This was a wonderful film. See it to appreciate Philly. I mean really, when this town is pissed off they boo Santa.

In the open scene, the fans are booing the team big time. I had to laugh, I leaned over to my husband and said, "Phuck@ng Philly!" That's my city.

What a great movie. Phlippin' Phantastic!

@;-)
    Aloha from Lavagal

Re: Invincible

Wow. A whole post about Philly and nary a cheesesteak/hoagie reference!

I'm impressed! *grabbing imaginary male parts* Phu*%in-A!

Seriously, Mark Wahlberg has gone from a mediocre white-boy rapper to a really decent actor

(Think about it: From, "C'mon, c'mon, feew-it feew-it ... such a good vibration ... " to ... "The Italian Job" and this flick, good for him!).

My old 8th grade classmates from Jersey, Angelo Leonardi AND Bart Melitz -- who seemed to have very similar mothers -- would be proud!
    Last edited by Erika Engle; September 2, 2006, 09:34 PM. Reason: Location reference
    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

What was accurately communicated in this movie was the lack of self esteem an entire city had...has...from individuals to entire neighborhoods...maybe it's that good ole Delaware River drinking water. And I remember so well how parents would tell their children what losers they were, how they wouldn't amount to anything.
      So despite having to fight back the msg from friends and family as to what a loser one is, you also have to fight against members of your own team who get pissed off when you try to do well, when you don't know your place...and the thing Dick Vermiel did for the Iggles was reprogrammed the team into not thinking of themselves but to think of a hurting city that depended on them for inspiriation.
      I still find myself fighting the negativity that was ingrained in me when I was a kid back in NJ. I moved as far away from the source as I could...but it's still coursing through my veins. It's like being an alcoholic. You believe what you think, and you must make every effort to change the way your mind works, and your perception of yourself.

So yeah, I'm a silly Jersey Girl who gets a kick out of all things Philly, but this movie has a message for everyone. June Jones should put it on the "must-see" list. And funny thing--there was a preview for "Gridiron Gang" starring The Rock, and it's about a football team put together in a prison. Didn't like the gangsta stuff going on with it, but I think it's meant to be inspiring and is also based on a true story.
      Last edited by lavagal; September 3, 2006, 12:02 PM.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Hey I met a guy from Jersey yesterday at the gathering...

I posted a video of him...hahahahahah
        It's in the Manoas Get together thread...
        I guess he wasn't invincible to alcohol!

Gee... Hope he's not a friend of yours

Comment

Working...
        X