Amazing 9-11 Documentary - A Must See

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing 9-11 Documentary - A Must See

A friend of mine gave me a DVD of a Documentary called "Loose Change" about the evnts of 9-11. Basically it's a conspiracy theory film pointing the finger at the Bush Administration for planning and executing the events of 9-11.
    NOW, before you roll your eyes...PLEASE try to check it out. There's no sensationalist Michael Moore style angle to it. It's alot of scientific facts that refute the idea that the towers fell due to the planes hitting them. There's also factoids about the Pentagon and flight 93 as well.

It's very eye opening, and well, frankly, it's convinced me of a few things. It also has tons of eye witness acounts, and lots of news broadcast footage. There's lots of FBI and CIA reports and other stuff that make you ask questions. Also, it points out that Bush's brother (Marvin, I think his name is) was head of security at the World Trade Center until Sept 10th, 2001.

Crazy stuff, but I was really blown away by it.

Here's the website fo the film

www.loosechange911.com

Please do yourself a favor and check it out.
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Re: Amazing 9-11 Documentary - A Must See

I'm scared to see the responses this one will bring....keeping my ten foot pole handy dandy!
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I don't think I saw that one, but I did see one at UH-Manoa a year or so ago. I admit, it did make me question a lot of what I thought I knew. There's nothing wrong with keeping an open mind either way.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

You really ought to see it. They talk about the temperature jet fuel burns at, and the temperature the steel that the WTC was made of melts at, and lots of scientific facts, that just really nake you go "whoa, this stuff doesn't add up"
        I've never been one of those conspiray theorists, or one to question heavily what the gov't does (well, until this administration anyway) and I was pretty blown away most of the stuff in this film.

See it and form your own opinion, is all I say.

Comment

OK...here's the first 30 minutes of it on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zUht6cLkMc

Comment

This Documentary has seen almost every major forum and social site, and the outcome is always the same, a giant flame war.
            808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
            kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
            http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron
              This Documentary has seen almost every major forum and social site, and the outcome is always the same, a giant flame war.
              Yes,this has been around quite awhile already-I believe it was put together by two or three college students, forget what college though......and it sure has made the rounds with the results posted above.

...haha, almost added more here, but frankly I have had enough of this topic from other forums..... more controversy, more conspiracies, more paranoia...I have enough just living day to day.

Alohas
              It doesn't take money to make someone smile for a little bit. All it takes is Aloha. ~ Auntie Lynn

Comment

Just my two cents as someone who used to work with steel:

Steel might melt at a given temperature.

But it will begin to deform at a much lower temperature.

You just had to get the steel to yield a little in the WTC. Once it started to move a little, gravity and inertia managed to do the rest. Those buildings were very, very heavy!

Here's something else to consider:

What would America do if we had a 9/11 tragedy every month? Go to war? Do everything it can to stop the carnage?

Well, we kill the same number of American citizens as were killed on 9/11 on our highways every single month ever since the freeway was invented.

Yet, there's no war on stupid, aggressive, inconsiderate, drunk, cellphone-addled drivers. The average American driving idiot puts Osama to shame in terms of total carnage.

Comment

I always have thought that the people who planned those plane crashes either didn't do a good job, or didn't really want to kill too many people, but just scare.

If they'd have wanted to do some reall heavy damage, they would've waited another hour or so, when the buildings would have been full. Or maybe they had never heard the song 'Nine to Five'.
                  http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                  http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon
                    I always have thought that the people who planned those plane crashes either didn't do a good job, or didn't really want to kill too many people, but just scare.

If they'd have wanted to do some reall heavy damage, they would've waited another hour or so, when the buildings would have been full. Or maybe they had never heard the song 'Nine to Five'.
                    The first plane hit at 8:45 am. The buildings were just about as full of victims as they were going to be at any other time of the day.

And no, I imagine the terrorists hadn't been regaling the passengers with renditions of the title song from the movie "Nine to Five" as they aimed the planes into the WTC.

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992

What would America do if we had a 9/11 tragedy every month? Go to war? Do everything it can to stop the carnage?

Well, we kill the same number of American citizens as were killed on 9/11 on our highways every single month ever since the freeway was invented.

Yet, there's no war on stupid, aggressive, inconsiderate, drunk, cellphone-addled drivers. The average American driving idiot puts Osama to shame in terms of total carnage.
                      Lemme know when you hear of 19 drivers killing more than 3000 people in one morning.
                      Last edited by WindwardOahuRN; September 4, 2006, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron

Really ? I'm on lots of message boards, while this film isn't new, it's new to me, and the person who gave it to me who is an internet geek like me.

And the Towers falling are not the only issues raised in the film. The Pentagon stuff is very interesting. Either way, these "college students" are pretty friggin resourceful and intelligent to gather and comprise all this info.

It certainly raises alot of good points and questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992
                          Just my two cents as someone who used to work with steel:

Steel might melt at a given temperature.

But it will begin to deform at a much lower temperature.

You just had to get the steel to yield a little in the WTC. Once it started to move a little, gravity and inertia managed to do the rest. Those buildings were very, very heavy!

OK, then how does that explain all the other examples of buildings made around the same time, that were on fire for MUCH longer...one for 17 hours and didn't collapse, or the empire state building that didn't compromise it's structure when it was hit by a b-52 ?

Those towers fell perfectly in MINUTES, and only about 4 floors were on fire at the time.

Comment

The freeway argument's no good, because that's something we Americans do to ourselves and each other. Huge difference.

As for other buildings being on fire, we're talking about heat here, not fire, and I imagine there are all kinds of variables; perhaps there was something special about the way the towers were constructed that contributed to their collapse. Have you read William Langewiesche's American Ground? It was serialized in the Atlantic, then published as one bok. Langewiesche was the only writer given an all-access pass in the days and months following the attack, and he's one of the most thoughtful, talented writers I can think of -- he has the amazing ability to make difficult, technical matters make sense in a style that's elegant, eloquent, and accessible. I remember him addressing this issue, but I don't remember what he said.

The film I saw focused mostly on what happened at the Pentagon, and it was fascinating, though I don't know how credible.

Oh wait. Now I remember what the film was called: Orwell Rolls in His Grave.
                            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

If you are seriously interested in what happened and not just keen on joining in with the conspiracy theorists, you should take a look at the very in-depth research done by Popular Mechanics. Their cover story about debunking the conspiracy theories first ran in March 2005. They have since updated it with more information, more interviews and published a book. As the late Senator Daniel P. Moynihan used to say: "Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but not their own facts." Popular Mechanics article

Comment

Working...
                              X