The Hobbit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hobbit

I was a big fan of the lord of the rings movies, but after checking on the net I found this rumor circulating around. It's pretty cool but I hope it isn't false but I would certainly love to see The Hobbit made into a film with some of the original actors replaying their roles.
    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Re: The Hobbit

If they somehow got Sir Ian Holm to reprise his role as Bilbo, that would be the ultimate.

Comment

there is a trailer floating around on the net some where, but i can't remember where nor do i know the validity of it
      808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
      kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
      http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Last Updated: Sunday, 13 March, 2005, 10:48 GMT

Hobbit picture 'four years away'

Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson has said that it will be up to four years before he starts work on a film version of The Hobbit.
        The Oscar winner said on a visit to Sydney there was a "desire" to make it, but not before lengthy negotiations.

"I think it's gonna be a lot of lawyers sitting in a room trying to thrash out a deal before it will ever happen," said the New Zealander.

The rights to JRR Tolkien's book are split between two major film studios.

Jackson, who is currently filming a remake of Hollywood classic King Kong, said he thought that the sale of MGM studios to the Sony Corporation would cast further uncertainty on the project.

The 43-year-old was in the Australian city to visit a Lord of the Rings exhibition, which has attracted 140,000 visitors since it opened in December
        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
        Sharing withother survivors...
        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Yeah, I remember him saying he intended to film The Hobbit but wanted some time off before he started. Guess we'll have to be content with the animated version (which still rules) until the live action one hacks its way through the goblin hordes into cinemas.
          "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
          "But I can't even read good."
          "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
          "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

My thinking is that the hobbit will be the mother of all the action. I remember reading the book and how exciting and action packed it was too the Lord Of The Rings which was a good read by the way. While the Lord Of The Rings was more suspenseful and scary at times.
            A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Please sign the online petition to New Line from One Ring to make the Hobbit.
              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
              Flickr

Comment

Sweeeet, "The Hobbit" is my fav book!!

Comment

Well Hobbit fans our dream is slowly becomimg true... sort of. Here's the latest news ,according to Entertainment Weekly and Peter Jackson.
                  In the wake of MGM's unilateral announcement, Jackson has indeed started thinking about what he might do with The Hobbit. He's especially intrigued by the idea of making two films and inventing new material to fill in gaps in the story, since the plot — about how Bilbo Baggins (Ian Holm in the LOTR films) befriends Gandalf (Ian McKellen), falls afoul of the miserable creature Gollum, and comes into possession of that pesky ring—is fairly simplistic compared with LOTR.
                  Happily, that conflict seemed to be clearing up last week, when the story broke that MGM — owner of the distribution rights to The Hobbit, but not the rights to the motion picture, which is the property of New Line—was prepared to finance a new film and wanted Jackson to direct. There was just one catch: According to Jackson, nobody at MGM has actually called him. Ever.
                  CROSS YOUR FINGERS!
                  Last edited by alohabear; September 27, 2006, 07:23 AM.

Flickr

Comment

I heard some speculation that he may split it into two parts and add stuff to it (I don't like the part about adding stuff). Does anyone have the link for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard
                      I heard some speculation that he may split it into two parts and add stuff to it (I don't like the part about adding stuff). Does anyone have the link for that?
                      This is from the above link:
                      Jackson has indeed started thinking about what he might do with The Hobbit. He's especially intrigued by the idea of making two films and inventing new material to fill in gaps in the story, since the plot — about how Bilbo Baggins (Ian Holm in the LOTR films) befriends Gandalf (Ian McKellen), falls afoul of the miserable creature Gollum, and comes into possession of that pesky ring—is fairly simplistic compared with LOTR.
                      I think it would be a better epic with the extra material.

Flickr

Comment

It's gonna be tough having such a big cast of dwarves. I mean, you've got Thorin, Gloin and Oin, Balin and Dwalin, Bifur, Bofur, and Bombur, Fili and Kili, Nori and Ori, Sneezy, Dopey, Doc...

Comment

lmao @ sneezy, dopey, doc...... Btw, I thought dwarfs were different from hobbits?

I hope a decision is made soon and filming gets started!!

Comment

If I remember right about the story of the Hobbit, it starts of with a group of dwarves and a human wizard named Gandalf asking a hobbit named Bilbo to join in their quest to get something.

And I think while hobbits and dwarves are shorter than humans I think hobbits are shorter and less stocky than dwarves.

Comment

Hobbits also don't were shoes

Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X