what is the best lei greeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best lei greeting

help anyone what is the best lei greeting ? i havent booked one yet can you help me mahalo
    *Lorna* I'M BACK MISSING HAWAII
    http://www.myspace.com/lorna_uk

Re: what is the best lei greeting

The best lei greeting is simply buying lei, taking the time to go to the airport & placing the lei on the person you're meeting, giving them a kiss on the cheek(or wherever) and saying "Welcome to Hawaii". Anything else is kind of phony don't you think?
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I think it might be kind of hard for Lorna to meet herself at the airport, though.

There are lots of lei greeting companies out there, but I don't have any experience with them, because as Fran's pointing out, most locals will do their own lei shopping and greeting!

Our own scrivener was a photographer for a lei greeting company, as we learned in the infamous "areolei" thread, once upon a time. He might know the players or have a recommendation.

Comment

let me explain what i mean.........anyone that has had a lei greeting that they was happy with mahalo

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808
          The best lei greeting is simply buying lei, taking the time to go to the airport & placing the lei on the person you're meeting, giving them a kiss on the cheek(or wherever) and saying "Welcome to Hawaii". Anything else is kind of phony don't you think?
          well i know that

Comment

You know, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or anything like that. Who will you be greeting? and will you personally be there or you want to do this long distance? Sorry, I guess I didn't understand your original posting.
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808
              You know, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or anything like that. Who will you be greeting? and will you personally be there or you want to do this long distance? Sorry, I guess I didn't understand your original posting.
              Fran, for clarification, hawaiidreaming is trying to arrange a lei greeting for herself. She'll be visiting soon from England.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                Fran, for clarification, hawaiidreaming is trying to arrange a lei greeting for herself. She'll be visiting soon from England.
                thats it

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                  It's a nice gesture to receive one as you arrive, but it's really not worth the price - especially since there's nothing behind the one you've bought for yourself; someone will just give it to you with a kiss on the cheek, because they've been paid to do so - no heart, no real "aloha" with the gesture.

Check with travel agents; they can usually arrange this for you, if you really feel it's necessary. Otherwise, wait until you arrive, find a vendor at the airport, and buy one fresh from them - you can see what scents and flowers you like.

Comment

If your coming to just hang out and do things... you may find that lei very uncomfortable shortly after putting it on if your not used to them.

I agree with Leo... and I really wouldn't want some stranger walking up to me and giving me a kiss and a lei and a "maybe I'll still be working here the next time you come in to Hawaii!"

Are you flying in with others and that is why you are trying to do this for them, and not yourself?

When I greet friends from the Mainland... the first thing they always say is "great... I've been leid by a guy!" (well my male friends) and they usually take it off soon after they get to wherever there lodging is.

Now I ask my friends if I need to lei them when they come... most say save the money for something better.

Comment

I bought myself fresh leis from this local female the was hand weaving them....15 minutes later my neck was itching! I dried it to save because it was beautiful and hand crafted.

I enjoyed finding the local crafter for this rather than paying a larger company to greet me with one. I also enjoy greatly watching them do their craft!
                      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                      Sharing withother survivors...
                      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Let me get this straight. You want someone to greet you with a lei at the airport? You are willing to pay for it?

Hello?

If it's only you coming and not a Bus Load of friends whom you wanted to purchase leis for.

Auntie pUpUle volunteers to greet and put a lei around your neck for Free. Courtesy of our Ohana here at HT and Hawai'i nei!

Send me the date and time dear.

Auntie Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                          Auntie pUpUle volunteers to greet and put a lei around your neck for Free. Courtesy of our Ohana here at HT and Hawai'i nei!
                          Whoa, Lorna - you cannot BUY better'n that offer!

Comment

And since 911 security has stepped up... you won't get the lei as you get off the plane... you will still have to walk through the airport to baggage claim before anyone would be able to lei you.

1stwahines offer of a free lei is very generous coming from someone who may even have to take a bus to meet you!

But that's how she is... and I hope you find more people like her while your here.... Genuine Aloha.

You won't find that with any company selling leis.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                              1stwahines offer of a free lei is very generous coming from someone who may even have to take a bus to meet you
                              Grrrrrrrr. Manoa, plzzzzzzzzz. Stop assuming things about me. Manerva is workable and I also have children who are willing to drive me wherever I want to go. Remember when Lucy of Canada came? My daughter, Christy lent me her Lexus.

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                              X