good hula halau?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good hula halau?

Just wanted to know if anyone knows a good recommendation for a hula halau? I am thinking of taking up hula since I know some of 'olelo Hawai'i but I don't know where to begin. Help!
    Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Re: good hula halau?

Originally posted by achow
    Just wanted to know if anyone knows a good recommendation for a hula halau? I am thinking of taking up hula since I know some of 'olelo Hawai'i but I don't know where to begin. Help!
    This list has contact information for the different halau across the state.

My guess is that you'll get a bunch of differing opinions here on HT, but first, ask yourself the following:
    • Do I want to compete in hula competitions or do I want to do this just for fun or self-improvement?
    • Am I able to commit myself to a practice schedule weekly?
    • As far as size goes, do I want a bigger or smaller halau?

Lots of people can tell you who their favorite kumu or what halau they prefer. However, it goes beyond that. My suggestion is to call around and make sure that the halau is even taking on new students. If not now, then ask when.

I would then ask the kumu for his/her permission to possibly watch a practice session so you can at least get a feel for the halau.

Good luck!
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Working...
    X