Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is/are your favorite CD that you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is/are your favorite CD that you have?

I have to say that my favorite CD are in the following:
    Keali'i Reichel-Kamahiwa
    Keali'i Reichel-Kawaipunahele
    Keali'i Reichel-Ke'alaokamaile
    Robi Kahakalau-Keiki o Ka 'Aina
    Hapa
    Hapa-Namahana
    Keali'i Blaisdell- Ka Ulu Mae'ole
    Keali'i Blaisdell-Keeping It Traditional
    Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Re: what is/are your favorite CD that you have?

One of my favorite CD's is Seawind. A timeless classic.
    Attached Files
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
      One of my favorite CD's is Seawind. A timeless classic.
      So hard to choose. If this is only for Hawaiian music CD's that would narrow it down tremendously, but if it can be anything I wouldn't know what to say because I love listening to all types of music. For Hawaiian CD's I love the following ones:

all of Keali'i Reichel's CD's
      Keali'i Blaisdell (both are very good)
      Na Palapalai - I think I'd choose "Ke 'Ala Beauty" over "Makani 'Olu'olu"
      'Ale'a - "Kaulupono"
      any of Iz's CD's, excluding "Ka 'Ano'i" because I don't think it's as good
      both of Raiatea Helm's CD's and I can't wait for her next one
      Na Leo - "Feel the Spirit" (Well, that's contemporary but whatever.)

The list goes on forever so I probably should stop there for now. A hui hou!
      'Alika

Comment

I just picked up the newish Jake Shimabukuro today (Gently Weeps)... incredible! I've been told the YouTube videos of him are quite impressive too.

I was going to get some Keali'i Reichel today too but they only had new CDs (and unfortunately the local music store way overprices new CDs...)

Ka 'Ano'i is not too bad, though track 4 or so. The rendition of Somewhere Over the Rainbow on there is pretty different than Facing Future but it's not too bad either. Just different.

Anyone recommend some "Hawaiian pop"? It's pretty easy to pick out good traditional type music, but after hearing some of the songs Disney commissioned for Lilo and Stitch, it got me wondering if anyone makes things like rock/hip-hop/etc in 'Olelo Hawai'i. Could be fun. I know e.g. Japanese hip-hop can have a pretty interesting sound to it because the language is so rhythmic.

Comment

Doh, too late to edit my last post, but the song I was referring to can be sampled on iTMS:

Music, Children's Music, Disneymania Vol. 3, Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride (Pop Version)

This is a pop/rock version of one of the Kam. School songs from the first movie's soundtrack. It's got a neat sound to it.

Comment

I just went to a wedding where they played the theme from Lilo and Stitch and Eminem in the same time frame...interesting to say the least.
            My favorite "album" is Evanescence.
            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
            Sharing withother survivors...
            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle
              I just went to a wedding where they played the theme from Lilo and Stitch and Eminem in the same time frame...interesting to say the least.
              Evanescence - great band. I heard that part of the original band broke up. But, they are releasing a new album soon.

One favorite DVD that I watch and listen to that is awesome is:
              IZ - The Man And His Music - Too many favorite CDs to list and several genres of music too (Hawaiian, Classic Rock, Country, etc).

Comment

I honestly can't remember the last time I bought a physical CD for myself (I've given 'em as gifts as recently as... three years ago?). But I do have a dusty collection of discs slowly being destroyed by my kids...

One of my prized CDs was an early pressing of Sublime's 40 oz. to Freedom. I didn't even know it was hard to find 'til a friend asked to borrow it. It came back cracked.

I've always liked the quirky packaging of Pizzicato Five CDs...

And my wife has collected basically everything Led Zeppelin has put out, including more than a few "only box set you'll ever need" box sets (and there'll no doubt be more!).

Comment

Originally posted by Bard
                  I just picked up the newish Jake Shimabukuro today (Gently Weeps)... incredible! I've been told the YouTube videos of him are quite impressive too.
                  He was interviewed on NPR's "Morning Edition" today, too.

Comment

Currently.... BEP Elephunk and Monkey Business.

Last Week...Keali'i Melelana and IZ Facing Future and Dennis Pavao Sweet Leilani

Next Week... James Brown? Ray Charles? Who knows lol. I'll worry about what comes out of my Ipod next week
                    -kp!

Comment

You can tell "our" generation when someone uses the word album My son always tells me , what's an album dad?
                      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                      Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Jake's Ohana
                        Evanescence - great band. I heard that part of the original band broke up. But, they are releasing a new album soon.
                        I don't know I stay fairly current on them and Amy Lee is still going strong and they are releasing the 3rd....I will be first in line to get it.

Since Ben Moody's departure from Evanescence in October, many have wondered about the guitarist's whereabouts. Three months after he quit the band without so much as a "Dear John" letter, Moody has resurfaced as a part of Avril Lavigne's

That is all I could find on it. I guess they replaced him. Even if Amy went solo I would still buy it.

Comment

I don't know I stay fairly current on them and Amy Lee is still going strong and they are releasing the 3rd....I will be first in line to get it.

Since Ben Moody's departure from Evanescence in October, many have wondered about the guitarist's whereabouts. Three months after he quit the band without so much as a "Dear John" letter, Moody has resurfaced as a part of Avril Lavigne's

That is all I could find on it. I guess they replaced him. Even if Amy went solo I would still buy it.

Would that album be the one with "Call me when you're sober" on it? If so, I know you can buy it online already.
                          -kp!

Comment

Originally posted by Kungpao
                            Would that album be the one with "Call me when you're sober" on it? If so, I know you can buy it online already.
                            WHAT?? where?

(April 2006) In an official press release on 26th April 2006, Evanescence announced that their new album "The Open Door" will be released on the 3rd October (2006).

(July 2006) The new single "Call Me When You're Sober" was leaked onto the Internet on the 29th July 2006. Fan around the world were searching high and low on the web for the song

Comment

WWW.GOMUSIC.RU i often buy music from that site. That album would cost$1.76 for the whole thing. I try not to hack music for free... but I'll buy it for dirt cheap on the web.
                              -kp!

Comment

Working...
                              X