What do you hate about your car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you hate about your car?

If you'll talk stink about your car here, first post what you hate about it, then something that you like.

I hate...
    - The color (white). I have to clean it atleast once a week (twice if I'm not careful).
    - The transmission. It isn't that smooth when it shifts.

I like...
    - Having my own transportation!
    - Being able to blast my music
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: What do you hate about your car?

I can't say I hate anything about my car but I don't like that:
    it's expensive to repair
    it requires premium gas
    it doesn't get the same mileage as a hybrid
    it has a very small glove compartment
    it's a larger sedan than I'm used to

I really like that:
    it's white! (all colors show the dirt)
    people are shocked when they learn it's old (1995)
    with the modifications the previous owner did, it's really a great looking car
    it has a jack for my iPod
    the seats are super comfortable
    it has a moon roof and a sun roof
    it has a great sound system altho' the cassette deck that holds 6 tapes and the CD changer don't work (no problem...see iPod entry above!)
    I can lock and unlock the doors with a remote
    it has a large trunk
    it has a built in compartment with a first aid kit
    it has air bags
    AND
    it has a sensor that shuts off the engine should it detect something serious happening

And (drum roll, please)...what do I LOVE about it?
    it has an awesome cup holder! That's why I bought it!
    AND
    it has a brand, spankin' new radiator

Comment

i hate
      -- that the passenger side window doesn't roll up right
      -- seeing the other 6 cars like mine when i thought i was so original/unique to drive a hybrid they don't make anymore
      -- that it's a standard if i ever get caught in traffic

i love
      -- inquiries about my vehicle in parking lots and each and every time i get gas (which is about every other month) about the mileage. chatting it up with strangers is fun and i'm serious. it's also my job tho.
      -- that i have about 6 pairs of shoes in the back for emergency purposes.
      -- that my boyfriend says i'm from blade runner
      -- that i always have an excuse to dip in and out of whatever is happening without having to give rides since i "only drive a two-seater"

side note: i love HT. i am now able to talk, read, AND type at the same time.
      life is ok sometimes

Comment

I hate that my minivan is not pink and it costs 1100.00 to paint it!

Besides that...its fine!
        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
        Sharing withother survivors...
        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I drive a 94 GMC gashogpickup.

I hate:
          -this big stain I made when a cup's top came off in the cup holder and spilt all over the floor...and I didn't make an attempt to clean it up.
          -cleaning out behind the seat so when my husband drives it, he can move the seat back
          -when something in it breaks - it always costs me $700-$1200
          -it's starting to rust

I love:
          -it was free. I inherited it from my grandfather when he ran it into a pole at the gas station and grandma said he couldn't drive anymore. Sure, there's a huge dent on the bed on the passenger side, but it gives my truck personality...it's her dimple!
          -when I turn on the air, I still can smell my grampa's hair oil/goop stuff on occasion. it makes me think he's watching over and protecting me.
          -my air conditionair. cost me an arm and a leg to replace last year, but dammmnn it works good
          -it has an extra-long bed w/ a lining
          -there's a plastic fish in the bed of the truck that's been there since Christmas 02. It moved with us from Oregon to Ohio to Illinois to Hawaii and it's STILL in there. I guess you can tell that I'm just not willing to let my truck go just yet and I dont care that it's a gas hog or that it has a dent or that it's old or it cost more to ship than it's worth. I know grampa would want me to trade it in and get a new one because he always got a new truck every 5 or so years, but I'm just not ready.
          -like tutusue, I LOVE MY CUPHOLDERS!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040
            -like tutusue, I LOVE MY CUPHOLDERS!
            My taurus's cup holders are okay, but if I put a bottle in it, it'll block the stereo controls.

Comment

I like:
              That my car is white and it deflects the sun on hot days compared to black cars
              That I have "Overdrive" and can kick it into a higher gear if need be.
              That my car still has less than 30,000 miles on it.
              I like it because it's my first 4 door compared to 2 door car....(much easier to put the child in the back seat)
              I don't like:
              that I don't have tint and I need to tint my windows for my childs sake...(anyone on HT tint windows?)
              That a shopping cart dinged my right left fender leaving a small dent
              That it only has a 12 gallon gas tank
              The fact that my pre-installed cup holders don't hold the majority of the cups I own.
              AND what I really hate.... IS THAT damn electric line that sits over my assigned parking stall that the birds like to sit on and ...

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                My taurus's cup holders are okay, but if I put a bottle in it, it'll block the stereo controls.
                My dodge caravan cup holder blocks the AC and heat controls too!
                Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                Sharing withother survivors...
                www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Geez at least you guys can use yours! mine are so small that in one now sits the airfreshener jar/jelly thing...and the other one is now a coin holder!

My cups now go in front of the e brake and between the two seats... which limits me to only things that have lids!

Comment

I drive a 2004 Toyota Sienna LE

I love that it's gunsmoke gray.
                    I love that it has like 18 cup holders, plus four more for the kids' boosters.
                    I love that I can listen to whatever I want, including my iPod.
                    I love that it's airconditioned.
                    I love that I can fit my 9-foot, 2-inch surfboard inside.
                    I love that it has an automatic door for the kids.
                    I love that it has tinted windows.
                    I love that I can put my cellular in one of the cupholders.
                    I love that it replaced our very old 1988 two-door hatch-back Acura Integra, a car that lost its airconditioning years ago and was quite difficult and uncomfortable with the two babies and me in the back.

I hate that my van sucks gas.
                    I hate that it has a bad scrape.
                    I hate that the automatic door mysteriously broke (but I love that Toyota sucked it up and repaired it for free).
                    I hate that it has a weird little bump in the steering when I turn right sometimes.
                    I hate that it has roaches, courtesy of the kids no doubt.
                    I hate that the back hatch is hard to pull down and close, especially when my arms are overflowing from the latest Costco run.

I hate that it's our only vehicle, but I'm OK with that because of the price of gas.
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

My car is old... 1993... but still goes...

What I hate about my car:

1. A/C is non-functional, cost too much to fix.
                      2. No CD player or cassette deck. Standard stock radio, AM/FM stereo.
                      3. I don't like the color.
                      4. The jack and tire repair kit that came with the car sucks.

What I like about my car.

1. Good gas mileage, known to be "cheap running".
                      2. Bought used 7 years ago for a decent price.
                      3. Not a Ford!
                      4. Trunk is quite large for a "small car".
                      5. Insurance not as expensive as it is for a high end or newer vehicle.
                      6. No GPS or black box to keep track of me or my actions.
                      7. No cell phone built in, added or operated in this car.
                      8. Generally reliable... gets me from point A to point B.
                      9. I can plug my iPod into the cigarette lighter accessory receptacle and music comes out of the radio at 88.7 FM.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I hate that my car can't tell me what's wrong with it. Damn useless "check engine" light.
                        I hate that my car can't go park itself and then come when called.
                        I hate that my car burns gasoline and not hydrogen.
                        I hate that my car doesn't fly.

Comment

My car is a 21 year old factory converted Renault Master camper van with a giant rooftop loft that pops up. It has only 20,000 kilometers on the clock, and I put on 6,000 of those during this past year. I love my car and I would never travel anywhere in an ordinary car with four kids ever again.

What I hate about it is that there is no power steering, so if I'm going more than twenty kilometers away I have to take an aspirin before leaving to cope with the bad headache that this gives me.
                          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                            My cups now go in front of the e brake and between the two seats... which limits me to only things that have lids!
                            For the drinks that are too big for the cup holder, they go in the passenger seat. I hate bench seats!

Originally posted by lavagal
                            I love that it has like 18 cup holders, plus four more for the kids' boosters.
                            And why does a car need that many cup holders?

Unless a car comes with its own potty, then there should only be 10 cup holders or less.

Originally posted by mel
                            3. Not a Ford!
                            Atleast it gets me places (and what's up with the Ford bashing. Can someone explain to me why people target Ford, and not Chevy or Dodge?)

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                              Unless a car comes with its own potty, then there should only be 10 cup holders or less.
                              But they do. All those extra cupholders? They're not for holding beverage containers...

Comment

Working...
                              X