Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preschool recommendations in Nuuanu/Pali area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preschool recommendations in Nuuanu/Pali area?

Which preschools would you recommend in this area? Thanks!

Re: Preschool recommendations in Nuuanu/Pali area?

Isn't Pali Preschool the place everyone wants their kids to go?
    I know people in Mililani and Kaneohe that send their kids there. It's supposed to be a feeder for private school.
    just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

I hear Pali Preschool is very good. My kids went to one out here in Hawaii Kai and it was wonderful. But for that area, Pali Preschool is your best bet.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Your lucky you live in this neighborhood.... The Nuuanu Elementary School is one of the better ones in the Public Education school system....

Many people that live in Kailua apply for Geographic Exemptions so their kids can attend this school... and then drop their kids off at Nuuanu in the morning as they travel across the Pali...and then pick them up on their way home from town...

A very well kept Hawaii PUBLIC ELEMENTARY School... *Cough* did i just say that?

Comment

I'm real happy with Hookena Elementary in South Kona. What you know about this school Manoa?
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
            I'm real happy with Hookena Elementary in South Kona. What you know about this school Manoa?
            Um.. sheesh... honestly brah...only what the reports say... I don't have them in front of me at the moment...

However... Nuuanu is one of the "secrets" of Hawaii DOE...this school has their shit together almost to the point of private schools here in Hawaii...

Remind me on Monday... and I will give you what links I know of regarding it...(however I think everything is public info that I would give you anyhow...it's just that I reset my bookmarks recently and lost a few links.... too lazy to find it for you now...

While I work for DOE... I'm not the answer to most the questions but will help others find them...

Comment

I have to say that I went to Pali Preschool. I really enjoyed myself and I am a preschool teacher all because of the good education that I received at Pali Preschool.
              Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

aloha all,

thanks for the great replies. yeah, i had heard about pali preschool, but when i did an internet search for them, i couldn't find a site for them! i guess maybe they're such hot stuff, they don't need to give out any information about themselves.

as to nuuanu elementary school, i had heard both nuuanu and maemae were excellent public schools. do you have an opinion to which one is better and why? i've read all the honolulu magazine rankings, but they can't really tell you why, they only tell you the numbers. i'm looking for things like, are there gifted programs there? how involved are parents, the teachers, the principal? how do they determine student placement and the curriculum? what are the strengths/weaknesses?

don't know if anybody can answer these questions from their own experience, but if they can, it'd be much appreciated! and no, we don't live in nuuanu, but we're hoping to move into the area (if we can find something to afford *COUGH!*) and of course we'll try the geographic exception route like everybody else if we have to.

mahalo!

Comment

Does anyone on here remember the Nuuanu Day Care Center, located on Wylie Street? Thats where my daughter went (cough, cough - back in the late 60's) and they were so good and actually taught the kids - she could read before she entered kindegarten. There were 2nd & 3rd generation kids attending there. It's problably closed long time now but what a great place for kids!
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador View Post
                    Isn't Pali Preschool the place everyone wants their kids to go?
                    I know people in Mililani and Kaneohe that send their kids there. It's supposed to be a feeder for private school.
                    I believe Pali is a highly desireable school but not a feeder.

St Clements
                    Central Union
                    Waiokeola

Another good preschool in Nuuanu is Queen Emma.

Comment

what exactly is meant by "feeder" anyway? does it mean automatic entry to a private school? do kids who go to non-feeder schools not get into private schools?

Comment

Here are some more recommendation for preschool:

Queen Emma
                        Waiolani Judd School
                        Good Shepherd Preschool
                        Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Ive searched on pali preschool also. Since my son isnt potty trained yet I have to result to find some place else, or my mother will be watching him and teaching him at home until we save enough money for about 5 months worth tution and probablly will send him to either a little christian preschool in ewa or seagulls in ewa or kapolei or possibly cole academy... thats a maybe because their real expensive..

Comment

Working...
                          X