residential parking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• residential parking

anyone have trouble with their neighborhood parking situation. i live down a narrow private dead end lane with a "turn around area" at the end. one of the neighbors in the turn around area rents out the house to about 3 families and he tells them they can park in the turn around area. so now there's no place for cars to turn around except in my driveway. sometimes cars park in my driveway while there waiting for someone for friends from the homes in the area cuz the turn around area is not available. to make matters more irritating, there is a two car garage for this particular house which the tenants use as a play/hangout area so they don't even park there. ive told the renters the "turnaround area" is supposed to be for everyone to use and it is not a gargage but they keep parking there. the city said that since it's a private lane the cops wont ticket cars or put a "no parking" sign there. the other neighbors are not really affected cuz its only my driveway that everyone uses as the turnaround area.

i wish neighbors would be more considerate and follow the rules

Re: residential parking

I feel for you dude... but if you aint paying for your parking...it's free game... this only one small island...

On street parking is a commodity almost anywhere here on Oahu.... be lucky you don't have to walk a mile or two for parking!

Any ways... welcome to HT and you will find parking is just one of many problems discussed here...

Comment

If it's a private lane, it's a matter to take to the landowner. If the landowner is the person renting out the house to the families that are parking there... I'd say your prospects for relief are pretty slim.

Any way to make your driveway unavailable as the backup turnaround spot? Presumably all the residents along this lane would be inconvenienced if, suddenly, there was no place to turn around at all! Just park your car in your driveway for a few days and take the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by ceny2222
        . so now there's no place for cars to turn around except in my driveway. sometimes cars park in my driveway while there waiting for someone for friends from the homes in the area cuz the turn around area is not available.
        Now you know why many have a fence with a gate that runs across the end of their driveway - yes, it is humbug to have to open and close the gate when you come and go, but it keeps keeps strangers from parking in your driveway and using your yard as a turnaround point. (And that is besides all the other benefits that come from having a fenced yard.)

Comment

Working...
        X