The Official HT "Dancing With the Stars" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official HT "Dancing With the Stars" thread

So DWTS is beginning its 3rd season on Tuesday, Sep. 12. Before the show even begins, let's make some friendly bets:

First to get kicked off: Jerry Springer
    Winner: Mario Lopez

I'm just watching it for Cheryl Burke
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: The Official HT "Dancing With the Stars" thread

Maybe Shanna Moakler's using DWTS as a distraction from her recent split with her husband? Hmmm... it's weird how both she and Mario Lopez were co-stars in USA's Pacific Blue and now they're in this season together.

We knew Mario Lopez could dance since he was that mullet-wearing annoying jock on Saved by the Bell.

Don't really have a pick to win it all just yet, but I can't wait for Season Three. Didn't really pay attention to it in Season 1, but by 2 I was hooked.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Our family can't wait for this to return. From a throwaway schedule filler this show has turned out to be quite a hit. I hope they don't overplay it (and give us four shows a week or something), 'cause right now as light entertainment fare, it's just right.

None of the names this season strike me as particularly interesting, but you never know. All kinds of characters develop when people are put on the spot. And even if the celebrities turn out flat, the professional dancers are always a pleasure to watch.

In addition to guesses as first off and winners, any guesses for first major wardrobe malfunction and first on-camera breakdown?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon

In addition to guesses as first off and winners, any guesses for first major wardrobe malfunction and first on-camera breakdown?
        First on-camera breakdown?

My bet's on either Vivica Fox, Shanna Moakler...or even Tucker Carlson.

Comment

Maaan, Tucker Carlson blew, but he looked like he was having fun, so props to him for that.

flickr

Comment

So, who was worse. Tucker Carlson or Master P last year?

And after Master P, I'm glad Ashly DelGrosso actually has something to work with this year.

Mario Lopez did well, but of course despite his claims to the contrary he does have some serious dance work in his past.

I'm no fan of Jerry Springer, but he sure seems to have the right attitude about all this. ("It appears you attended the George Hamilton school of dancing...") Not unsurprisingly low marks, but he's got nowhere to go but up.

Comment

I think Master P was THE worst! Embarrassingly so. His attitude tripped him up more than his feet! Dunno why he accepted appearing on the show...other than exposure, however negative it might be!

Tucker's attitude was great altho' it won't be enough to move him along in the show. But, big props to him for even accepting the challenge. Ditto for Jerry. I love his sense of humor over the whole thing!

American Idol proved that the William Hung type contestants make for really good TV. No different for the dance shows, I guess.

In my next life time I WILL be a professional dancer!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                In my next life time I WILL be a professional dancer!
                I hope nothing is stopping you from practicing in THIS life, Sue.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                  I hope nothing is stopping you from practicing in THIS life, Sue.
                  I 'practiced' for years before fibromyagia sidelined my dance shoes! But, I haven't given up!

Comment

I was most impressed with Emmitt Smith. For a guy his size, he sure can move! So glad that he's paired with Cheryl Burke. She's always been a favorite.

It doesn't really matter if the celebrity has an extensive dancing background. I give these professionals a lot of credit for being such patient instructors.

I don't know if it's because the Foxtrot's boring as hell or the women just plain sucked, but I wasn't too impressed at all by them. I have a feeling it'll be a male celebrity who will win it again this season.

Comment

Tucker Carlson called his partner "the most patient woman outside of my wife," saying that she's "Einstein teaching addition to a slow child." Yeah he lost, but maaaan, I can imagine the hate mail or complaints he'll get from SPED teachers about that one.

flickr

Comment

I LOVE this show!!!

I was impressed with Mario and yes, it looks like he's had some type of formal dance training. My oldest DD says that he was always dancing on Saved By The Bell. Jerry's comments last night just cracked me up....folks were glad to see him alive? I was also impressed with Emmett, but the guy is a football player and they're known to be agile.

Tom Jones was a treat last night! Last year my fave was Barry Manilow....man, it must be like a concert when you're there in person! And place this year looks fab with the addition of the balcony seats!
                        Lovena

Comment

I think overall, this is the best group on DWTS yet. Sadly, I think this is the last we'll see of Jerry Springer dancing--he's probably gone tomorrow night.

flickr

Comment

I've been avoiding some sites to keep myself from finding the results for tonight's finale.

[lights candle in front of macaroni sculpture of Cheryl Burke]

flickr

Comment

ML... I know your new to HT...

Season 2 was discussed here... http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...hlight=dancing

Haven't watched this season....and got bored of the show quickly, although that was the talk in the office today... "watch dancing with stars tonight" I was like... ah geez!

Comment

Working...
                              X