Calling all Weird Al Yankovic fans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Weird Al Yankovic fans!

Weird Al's new album "Straight Outta Lynwood" is coming out on September 26! (*cough*birthday present*cough*)

Featuring parodies of Chamillionaire, Green Day, Usher, R. Kelly and Taylor Hicks! DualDisc includes PCM Stereo, 5.1 Surround and instrumental mixes of the entire album (with on-screen lyrics option), plus a 9-minute behind-the-scenes documentary and 6 BRAND NEW MUSIC VIDEOS!
    One song that didn't make the album "You're pitiful" is available for download at his website.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING!!
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Calling all Weird Al Yankovic fans!

Let me know if you ever find (or get to see) his long out-of-print video "biography" called "The Compleat Al." There are several scenes featuring his "Manager" --- portrayed by my brother.

His best line comes when he's describing how he tells people (on the phone) about who he represents - the shot cuts to him on a phone, saying "Whaddya mean, 'that's too bad?' "

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78BNxBTGmVw
      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Thanks for the link, HB; that's excerpted from the lengthier work. My brother appeared in two segments of this clip: he was the one leading the guitarist auditions (there's a good close-up of him when he was impressed by the punk banjo player) and saying "thank you" to them, and was also on the receiving end of the marketing pitches.

Comment

here's a video of 'white and nerdy'

Comment

I saw "White & Nerdy" on TV the other day and it's good to see and hear that Al can tackle any music genre and still make it funny! Especially like the "Pac-Man" fire.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
              Weird Al's new album "Straight Outta Lynwood" is coming out on September 26! (*cough*birthday present*cough*)
              Just a bump - street date is today.

Comment

Here's the disc on iTunes, 12 tracks for $9.99 (plus tax). Parodies of "Ridin" by Chamillionaire (the aforementioned "White & Nerdy"), "American Idiot" by Green Day, "Confessions, Pt. 2" by Usher, "Do I Make You Proud" by Taylor Hicks, "Trapped in the Closet" by R. Kelly, plus of course several originals (including the traditional polka!).

I'm a huge "Weird Al" fan... and my "Weird Al" collection scared my wife at first. But, I think she's coming around to recognize the man's genius!

Comment

Well, I heard them playing "Straight Outta Lynwood" at Tower Records when we visited today, and went over to pick it up... but balked at the price tag. I understand it's a "multidisc" with lots of goodies and DVD material on the flipside, but I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for a plastic disc.

So, I plunked down (so to speak) the $10 to get it at iTunes, and have been enjoying it this afternoon.

Like many hardcore "Weird Al" fans, I'm enjoying the originals just as much, if not more, than the song-specific parodies. Gotta say, though, the long-form song on this disc, "Trapped in the Drive-Thru" (an R. Kelly parody), is great. Ten minutes of unremarkable domestic discord, set to music. With a crash of Led Zeppelin thrown in for no reason.

"Close but No Cigar" shows off another of "Weird Al" talent -- a style parody, rather than a specific song. It's a fun tune that's reminiscent of Cake (think "Short Skirt/Long Jacket").

Comment

I got the CD today, and even though it doesn't have any "real music videos", the behind the scenes of making the album really made it a worthwhile purchase.

Comment

The Boston Globe has an article on Weird Al.

Comment

I'm so glad this topic exists! "You're Pitiful" is so funny.
                        'Alika

Comment

By the by, I'm a fan, but he's gotta update his material. There are plenty of more contemporary targets for ridicule than Star Trek fans. Hell, "LOST" fans could probably take a fun jab or two!

Comment

Got the video off of itunes tonight....didn't realize that was Donny Osmond as Al's "dancer" in the background. Freakin' Hillarious. Actor Seth Green also makes an appearance showcasing the cherry action figures.

Comment

Since Weird Al has animated videos in his album this time, this would fit perfectly. Do I creep you out made by jibjab.

Comment

Working...
                              X