Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Info for a New Employee at Hawaii DOE

http://doe-jobs.k12.hi.us/newemploy/newguide.pdf

Thought this might be useful for anyone newly employed by Hawaii DOE.

Or anyone thinking about teaching here...etc....

Re: General Info for a New Employee at Hawaii DOE

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    http://doe-jobs.k12.hi.us/newemploy/newguide.pdf

Thought this might be useful for anyone newly employed by Hawaii DOE.

Or anyone thinking about teaching here...etc....
    Tried twice the link and both times got "error" on my browser, which on this end is as good as a meltdown for some reason.

Comment

I just re-tried it... worked for me... ?

it's 29 pages long so if your on a dial-up server and don't have one of the more recent versions of Adobe... well S.O.L. check on another computer or possilbly one at school.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
        I just re-tried it... worked for me... ?

it's 29 pages long so if your on a dial-up server and don't have one of the more recent versions of Adobe... well S.O.L. check on another computer or possilbly one at school.Good luck.
        Tried again. It's no doubt this sorry computer/or connection. Sometimes it seems HawTel dsl does all it can to encourage one getting a new dsl connection. Will try the school's,,,works for the kids better than I sometimes wish it would.

Comment

yup, it works fine for me. mahalo!

Comment

Re: General Info for a New Employee at Hawaii DOE or Moving to Hawai'i

Actually this site is a great site that I had book marked a long time ago, while reseaching my move.

The website has loads of info for anyone interested in moving to HI as well as to teach in HI or need general info on services all over HI.

They have 2 books you can load and print out here, they call them the Aloha Books, which gives info on Oahu and the other the Islands...
            http://doe-jobs.k12.hi.us/HI_info/alohabks.htm

The main website is this... http://doe-jobs.k12.hi.us/index.htm

They have a great moving to HI link and the books can be found under the Hawai'i info link.

So, this site is Great for all, not just DOE employees.
            Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
            Mark Twain

Comment

Mānoa, others have had the same problem as waioli kai when I’ve posted a link that was a PDF document.

The reason is 1. They don’t have Adobe Acrobat 2. They have a really old version of Acrobat 3. They have one of the versions where you could choose not to include the Internet browser support or 4. They are running too many applications, thus depleting the memory required to view a PDF document within their browser

I was able to load your document just fine, but you might want to just post a link to the page where the PDF document is found next time. That way they can save the PDF on their computer for later use, instead of concluding that “it doesn’t work.”

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
                Mānoa, others have had the same problem as waioli kai when I’ve posted a link that was a PDF document.

The reason is 1. They don’t have Adobe Acrobat 2. They have a really old version of Acrobat 3. They have one of the versions where you could choose not to include the Internet browser support or 4. They are running too many applications, thus depleting the memory required to view a PDF document within their browser

I was able to load your document just fine, but you might want to just post a link to the page where the PDF document is found next time. That way they can save the PDF on their computer for later use, instead of concluding that “it doesn’t work.”
                TuNnL -

If they can't get it to open... then maybe they shouldn't be working for the DOE in the first place.... Teasing Waioli Kai

and I did touch on the Acrobat stuff ie; Adobe!

Comment

Working...
                X