Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is why UH games are no longer appealing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why UH games are no longer appealing.

I read this article in the mainland newspaper this morning, and realized that it is not the fault of the coaches (i.e. June Jones) that athletic ticket sales are dipping in the past few years. I admit that UH's offense in football has been at its most exciting levels since Rolovich-Lelie, and the Wahine are exciting to watch, as the team is one of--if not THE most capable young teams in the country.

So why the dip in sales? Yup, it's arrogant, greedy administrators that make the decisions in the UH-KFVE-OTW partnership (namely John Fink) that are trying to turn a small market at UH and in the state of Hawaii into a cash cow like we'd see at Notre Dame or other big name schools (probably Herman Frazier's idea). Makes me long for the days of Hugh Yoshida, good old-fashioned tail-gating at Aloha Stadium, and live games on KFVE.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: This is why UH games are no longer appealing.

Mr. Fink says revenue's up from PPV, although purchasers are down. Yup, because the price is higher.

The reverse of "I'll make it up in volume."

I really couldn't believe charging $60 to watch that Alabama game. Even Alabama only charged its PPV customers $37.25 or thereabouts.
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Well if you normally attend the game...and do the whole Tailgating number it can be quite expensive...... I used to go with about 8 - 10 people in 3 cars.

Parking x 3 = $9.00, Tickets x 8 at 30.00 a pop (generous there) = $240, Food and Charcoal = $60 - $100, Beer at tailgating $10.00 a person, Beer inside the stadium $5.00 a cup, Seeing the Bows from up high in the stadium ALRIGHT but hard to see....Dealing with Traffic after the game... a Nightmare!

Staying home with the same people and ordering a pay per-view and setting up a big screen TV in the yard and having the kids run around... PRICELESS and CHEAPER....easier to clean with out having to pack the cars etc.... and you don't have to hunt for parking!

And if the game sucks... can always jump on HT!

Comment

After a few bad experiences at the Stadium, I refuse to support UH by attending their home games.

I'd rather sit in air-conditioned comfort in a sportsbar with a server bringing me food and drink. Cheaper than going to the stadium, less stress than trying to coordinate a house party.

And they don't cut off liquor sales at the start of the 4th quarter!!!

Comment

Working...
        X