Hawaii... thoughts about Nepotism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii... thoughts about Nepotism?

Nepotism means favouring relatives because of their relationship rather than because of their abilities.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepotism
    After following another discussion, I wanted to open a thread on Nepotism here in Hawaii.
    I have often heard the phrase..."it's who you know or who your related to in getting a good job here in Hawaii"
    In another thread it was discussed about the relationship between two people that have ties throughout Dept. of Education possibly.

What are your views on it here in Hawaii?

Re: Hawaii... thoughts about Nepotism?

This was just in the news:
    http://www.westhawaiitoday.com/articles/2006/08/31/local/local07.txt
    "News reports from 2001 indicate that DOE Superintendent of Schools LeMahieu's professional demise was a result of his romantic involvement with Kinimaka-Stocksdale the year before -- around the time her company received a Felix consent subcontract from the DOE for $600,000."
    Last edited by SouthKona; September 14, 2006, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthKona
      This was just in the news:
      http://www.westhawaiitoday.com/articles/2006/08/31/local/local07.txt
      "News reports from 2001 indicate that DOE Superintendent of Schools LeMahieu's professional demise was a result of his romantic involvement with Kinimaka-Stocksdale the year before -- around the time her company received a Felix consent subcontract from the DOE for $600,000."
      geez southkona... I didn't realize the news was that far behind over there
      btw... I'm not subscribed so can't access the link provided...but if your only now getting wind of this now...

dang bro...we've had a new sup. since this thing broke out more than 5 years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
        btw... I'm not subscribed so can't access the link provided
        Manoa, just cut and paste into browser!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
          Manoa, just cut and paste into browser!

Auntie Lynn
          I did... did you and were you able to access the link???

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
            geez southkona... I didn't realize the news was that far behind over there
            btw... I'm not subscribed so can't access the link provided...but if your only now getting wind of this now...
            dang bro...we've had a new sup. since this thing broke out more than 5 years ago!
            Sorry to mislead on the timeliness of Kona news. The article is actually about the upcoming council election. The West Hawaii Today article opens with:
            "HILO -- Puna Councilman Gary Safarik, in admitting his own ethics violation involving improper use of county mail Wednesday, questioned the ethics of another candidate, Sheila Kaniu Kinimaka-Stocksdale, who made a complaint against him to the Board of Ethics.
            "I would hope somehow references would be made to the questionable relationship Kaniu Stocksdale had with the superintendent of education in (2000) and the subsequent circumventing of the procurement law by (Paul) LeMahieu in awarding a $600,000 contract to Kaniu Stocksdale -- of which (the Department of Education) found she wasn't qualified to receive," Safarik said."

Comment

Working...
            X