Not able to Edit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not able to Edit

Help.... for some reason...I am not able to edit my postings..... what can I do?

I logged out and signed back in again.. that didn't work...

Mahalo

ohhhh.....I am able to edit this posting... because I see the Edit Icon below... but my other postings I don't see the Edit Icon on them...

I should still be able to edit as long as I am signed on under my username... so what gives... ?? please help...
    Last edited by Queenolu; September 15, 2006, 02:16 PM.
    Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    Mark Twain

Re: Not able to Edit

It's supposed to work that way. Admin has set a time limit on edits -- 5 minutes I think? Beyond that time, your posts can't be edited. Other forums you've been on may have had different policies.

Comment

Thanks for that info......

what sense is that in limiting when you can edit.... would be nice to find out....
      Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
      Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
        It's supposed to work that way. Admin has set a time limit on edits -- 5 minutes I think? Beyond that time, your posts can't be edited. Other forums you've been on may have had different policies.
        I'm pretty sure it's more than five minutes. I posted something at 1:09 pm that still has the edit button on the post.

Sure wish we had no time limit on edits, though. And a delete feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Queenolu
          Thanks for that info......

what sense is that in limiting when you can edit.... would be nice to find out....
          I think it might ruin the flow of some of the threads if people edited or deleted after others had responded?

Comment

You have one hours to edit a post once it's published, although your message will display a note indicating that it has been changed. This is a pretty generous window during which you add information or links, fix mistakes, or respond to additional prior messages (which I wish more folks would do, rather than posting six consecutive replies to a thread to answer other individual posts).

In addition, you have two minutes to edit "invisibly." That is, there will be no note indicating an edited post. This is to allow for the likelihood that you're just fixing a typo or link, catching something you only notice after it's published. So you can make your quick changes and no one will be the wiser.

Why can't you edit your posts indefinitely? Because, particularly in the case where others have already responded, you could change something substantially enough so that the responses seem out of context or confusing. In an active thread, the conversation will likely have evolved quite a bit over two hours, in which case it's best to respond to the latest information.

Comment

I apparently have special priveleges. I still have that "edit" button on my 1:09 post, almost three hours after posting.

Then again, I still have "Private Messages: 65534 Unread, Total 37" on my welcome greeting.

Just one more ghost in the machine, I guess.

Comment

i guess this means that you have to actually think about what you post. i sure wish i could edit/delete some of my posts.
                Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent
                  i guess this means that you have to actually think about what you post. i sure wish i could edit/delete some of my posts.
                  Join the club...

Comment

Thanks Admin for that information.

I simply realized that I spelled a word wrong and wanted to change it.....

Thanks again
                    Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

Mark Twain

Comment

Queenolu... snow wurry bout yur tipos!

Admins...thanks for allowing the leeway that is given for correcting.

I don't know if you guys are able to keep statistics on this type of stuff... but, I bet I'm the biggest user of the edit feature!

Comment

I think I'm also special too, because I could edit a post after 3 hours from posting it.

How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Time limit on editing

I noticed you never responded to this, Ryan. Are some people getting longer than the “official” one hour to edit their posts? Or is doc just pulling our leg? I certainly would like more time if that can be arranged.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                          USA TODAY, page 2A
                          11 March 1993

Comment

As far as I know the setting is 60 minutes (one hour), but if it's longer for some reason, I don't suppose there'll be many complaints.

Comment

Working...
                            X