"Men in Trees"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Men in Trees"

I watched two hours worth of this new show tonight.

I liked it. Made me laugh out loud. Funny, sharp---sort of a "Northern Exposure" with a twist.

Re: "Men in Trees"

I watched the first half hour then taped the rest so I could come to Starbucks and get some work done. Anne Heche is surprisingly charming in this, and I think I'm going to enjoy this new show. I didn't get a chance to look at credits, so I'm wondering: Was that Jason Ritter?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
      I watched the first half hour then taped the rest so I could come to Starbucks and get some work done. Anne Heche is surprisingly charming in this, and I think I'm going to enjoy this new show. I didn't get a chance to look at credits, so I'm wondering: Was that Jason Ritter?
      I don't know. The only people I recognized were the ward clerk from "ER" (the bartender at The Chieftain bar) and John Amos (whom I remember most vividly from the '70's series "Good Times").

I was surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. It usually takes me a while to warm up to a new show. I saw Anne Heche last night on "Letterman"---funny, quick, and wonderfully honest. She's a pip.

Looks like a winner.
      Last edited by WindwardOahuRN; September 15, 2006, 09:59 PM.

Comment

I really enjoyed it as well. I like a "calm" witty series that I don't have to grow to like. It's been a while since one like this has been on.

I wish I wouldn't have missed 1/2 of it. But I missed Nip/Tuck last week and had to catch up! It was a remote race the whole night!
        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
        Sharing withother survivors...
        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
          I watched two hours worth of this new show tonight.[...]
          I saw it intermittently on Wednesday night...a one hour premier, iirc. Was the first hour from Wed. night part of last night's 2 hour show or was it a new, 2 hour episode? Wed. night's plot was how the 'author' arrived in Alaska, then stayed...a result of discovering her fiance's affair. I didn't realize it was on last night, too.

What I saw of it, I liked. Good acting.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
            I saw it intermittently on Wednesday night...a one hour premier, iirc. Was the first hour from Wed. night part of last night's 2 hour show or was it a new, 2 hour episode? Wed. night's plot was how the 'author' arrived in Alaska, then stayed...a result of discovering her fiance's affair. I didn't realize it was on last night, too.

What I saw of it, I liked. Good acting.
            I didn't know it had been on before.

I think it was a repeat of Wednesday's episodes, from your description. She mistakenly took her fiance's laptop and discovered compromising pics on it while on the plane? And the helpful passenger across the way bought her a whiskey?

Now I have to dig around and find out when the next episode is on. I HATE the way they shuffle shows around these days.

Comment

I saw the previews and would like to see it. After living in Alaska, its always great to see stories set there.

Comment

I didn't think much for this show . I found the pace slow and the laughs few. If ABC keeps this show after rejecting the Emmy award winning Monk , then they are crazy! Cable(like HBO or FX)would be a better showcase for this show, then it could more "free" to do more.
                Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                Flickr

Comment

Northern Exposure (fish out of water tale set in the wacky north!) meets Sex and the City (relationship writer can't keep a decent relationship). I like Heche, though.

Comment

One question.... is it really true that men way outnumber the women and there are lots and lots of eligible bachelors up there....???

I have seen movies and other shows that based on this....

shhhh if it's true... maybe that's where I need to move to..... instead of HI.... but of course... I can't deal with the freezing winter...

ha ha ha....

It seems to be an OK show the first time... will see it if I run it again on TV... can't keep up with all the shows.. too many of them.
                    Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                    Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Queenolu
                      One question.... is it really true that men way outnumber the women and there are lots and lots of eligible bachelors up there....???

I have seen movies and other shows that based on this....

shhhh if it's true... maybe that's where I need to move to..... instead of HI.... but of course... I can't deal with the freezing winter...

ha ha ha....

It seems to be an OK show the first time... will see it if I run it again on TV... can't keep up with all the shows.. too many of them.
                      This was the big joke when I lived up there. At one time, during the pipeline building and such, the ratio was as off as much as 7-1. However now, its tottaly different, at least in Anchorage. The state has roughly 500,000 people, half of which live in Anchorage. Anchorage is a great city, no different than any other. Outside of Anchorage however, and I dont mean the small towns, I mean OUTSIDE Anchorage, there are more men mainly cause few women, or anyone for that matter, want to live life in the Alaska bush. If I remember right, there was even a company who pitched the lonely, women deprived lumberjack image to women in the lower 48. Alaska is a FANTASTIC place to live, and if you are a women from the lower 48...you WILL be swamped lol.

Comment

Do you remember years ago when all the interest peaked in the men from Alaska? All those shows mating lonely women up with the men that lived there? I wonder how many actually moved there? I saw at least 6 shows do it.
                        This must be why Alaska makes such a great place to base a show on. Such fascination!
                        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                        Sharing withother survivors...
                        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Too bad I can't live there...... gives me chillssssssss and tooooo cold for my bones.

But hey, I can always go up there during the summer months for a vacation... find a man and ship him right down.....

he he he....
                          Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                          Mark Twain

Comment

Watch the show again tonight....ok... calling all single ladies out there.....this show is just for us.

loving it so far...
                            Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

Mark Twain

Comment

Ok, I totally fell asleep last night and missed the show.... who can update me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

Mahalo.
                              Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X