Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free sites to find people?

What up HT fam,

I was wondering if anyone can steer me towards some free websites that can find retired Navy personnel, or even missing people for that matter.

I haven't seen my pops since I was 2-1/2 years old, and I was just curious about where he lives and what his life might be like today. Normally I don't bother searching for'em, since I won't try to make contact with'em...just wondering where he is living or stationed (tho he's almost 60, I think) at today.

Enjoy your Sunday!
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: Free sites to find people?

Aloha Mike!

I began my ohana reunion research a short time ago, and I am "booking" now. I originally started last year purchasing a membership through Ancestry.com, however, it didn't pull much data for me from census figures from 1880 in Hawaii.

Since then, I have been just entering in family names in yahoo with origin of birth locatons, and up comes a lot of information (i.e. Smith in Aiea Hawaii). I have been fortunate on getting a lot of leads from obituary notices (leads to other relatives that you can search for of the deceased), email addresses, phone numbers, etc. whitepagesnationwide.com was helpful in searching for people too. To date, I have discovered 4 states on the mainland and 2 islands in Hawai'i where I discovered ohana. I'm sure there are a lot of other search engines that can provide more information.

Best of luck on your journey,

Jake's Ohana

Comment

I don't know how accurate this site is, but if you go to zabasearch.com, then you can search for almost anyone with their first and last name.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
        I don't know how accurate this site is, but if you go to zabasearch.com, then you can search for almost anyone with their first and last name.
        Wow! It works! I've spent an hour down memory lane...I had to stop myself from dialing.

Thanks
        http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Zabasearch Rules....found some old friends that way.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
          X