General NFL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General NFL Thread

So I was looking for a general NFL thread in here, but can't find one. Fo shame!

Anyways, I guess I'll start one and see if anyone's interested in posting in it.

My thoughts on a few of the week 2 games:
    - Niners vs Rams: I was so stoked to see the Niners win, since they're my favorite team. Frank Gore is gonna be a fantastic RB, if his knees hold up. And Alex Smith, who got so much grief last year, has really shown me something the first two games. The Niners may still only win 6-8 games this year, but with a young QB, RB, and potential studs in Vernon Davis at TE and Manny Lawson on D, I actually have some hope for the future now.

- Giants vs Eagles: Unbelievable game, and really showed me how tough Eli Manning is. He got sacked 8 times, and still showed enough composure to lead them down the field for the tying field goal, then the winning TD in overtime.

- Raiders vs Ravens: Raiders have scored 3 points in two games. They're pretty bad. Nuff said.

- Saints vs Packers: Favre was pathetic last week, so I'm happy to see he had a good game, even if they lost. I still remember in the mid-90's how unstoppable he was. He made me weep as a 10 year old avid Niners fan in 1997 when they beat us in the Divisional playoff game, but now I just hope he finishes up his career in style. And also because I got him in one of my fantasy football leagues, and he put up 30 points for me today. Woot!

I'm also pretty excited about Reggie Bush, my favorite player in the league, aside from Hines Ward. He hasn't had a big play yet that he regularly had in college, but it's still good fun watching him play.

Anyone else want to comment on how their favorite team/players did, about fantasy football, or anything else NFL related?

Re: General NFL Thread

You can still join the NFL pickem contest at any time... as they are weekly standings also. I tend to write about NFL related stuff there.

Welcome to HT in general.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      You can still join the NFL pickem contest at any time... as they are weekly standings also. I tend to write about NFL related stuff there.

Welcome to HT in general.
      Shoots, I'll look for the pickem thread now.

And mahalos for the welcome.

Comment

Official NFL Pick'em Off topic Thread

To keep the tally clutter free for Scriv (and for ease of viewing), here is the official NFL OT thread.

Projections, smack talk, side bets, fond memories, funny facemasks, etc. should be posted here to keep the tally thread clutter free.
        You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Re: Official NFL Pick'em Off topic Thread

So you mean this is the only place I get to post? This is where all talk of Jello goes too I take it?
          I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Re: Official NFL Pick'em Off topic Thread

Originally posted by LeiKaina
            So you mean this is the only place I get to post? This is where all talk of Jello goes too I take it?
            This is a jello happy zone!!!!!!!!

Comment

anyone want a side bet with me on the Monday 11/6 Seattle Oakland Game?

Comment

Go Jags! Love to see a young team do well.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                  Go Jags! Love to see a young team do well.
                  Jags looked tough on D yesterday. Either that or the Steelers were just horrible offensively. Maybe a little of both. JAX could make a lot of noise this year if they make the playoffs. They always give the Colts fits and Leftwich is one of the toughest QBs in the game. I'm still predicting a Bears v Colts matchup in the Super Bowl, though.

Not that anyone cares, but I went 4-0 in my fantasy football leagues last week. Sorry, couldn't help but showoff a little bit.

Comment

Week 3

Vegas just posted the over/under on the number of times Manoa changes his picks before the deadline. Currently on 7 but I expect it to drift down during the week with the initial heavy betting. Bet the farm on the over when it reaches 5....

Tough week, to say the least. Offenses are starting to ramp up, momentum is starting to generate, I expect some surprises this week, keep your eye on the injury reports and the crime blotter.

Speaking of over/unders. What week will Cincinnati's wheels fall off?

Will Brook's "sore" shoulder heal by week 5?

Will Terrell just be a man and lop off the offending digit ala Ronnie Lott?

When will we finally get to see Steve Smith's impact?

When will Dante be at ease with the offense?

Troy versus the dude on Jacksonville who got two picks on Monday: celebrity hair match

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy
                      Week 3

Vegas just posted the over/under on the number of times Manoa changes his picks before the deadline. Currently on 7 but I expect it to drift down during the week with the initial heavy betting. Bet the farm on the over when it reaches 5....

Tough week, to say the least. Offenses are starting to ramp up, momentum is starting to generate, I expect some surprises this week, keep your eye on the injury reports and the crime blotter.

Speaking of over/unders. What week will Cincinnati's wheels fall off?

Will Brook's "sore" shoulder heal by week 5?

Will Terrell just be a man and lop off the offending digit ala Ronnie Lott?

When will we finally get to see Steve Smith's impact?

When will Dante be at ease with the offense?

Troy versus the dude on Jacksonville who got two picks on Monday: celebrity hair match
                      Actually...

I was thinking of changing my choices to the same as PZ's since it's such a tough week to choose and he get the lucky parrot!

But yes the vegas odds makers are very on that manoa will be changing some of his posts.... as those that know football obviously know I planted a few eggs in my picks that must have people saying...wtf??? huh? manoa picked that?

doh! (seahawk pick is the obvious one I'm taking)
                      Last edited by damontucker; September 19, 2006, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Me and Nacho have met a mutual agreement on a weekly rivalry between us...

We will see how long it persists as we have opened ourselves to being willing to vow at almost any time...

It's all fun and games....

and I'm still taking bets on the 11/6 Raider game vs. Seahawks.....(Avatars for week?)

Comment

I was just thinkin'...........

Is it just me, or is anyone else missing NLF Primetime?

It used to fit nicely in that space bewteen the afternoon games and the night game.

Plus, Chris Berman is a hoot with his Curtis "my favorite" Martin references

I know he got moved to a later slot but I dunno'. It just feels weird after 18 years.

Comment

Sorry Nacho... not really...

Sounded to much like a big commercial for the NFL in general.

Comment

Moving this over from the pickem thread to elaborate:
                              I wonder if there ever was a regular season weekend, in the NFL, when every visiting team won? The odds of that occuring now, with 14-16 games played every weekend, seem pretty remote. There's always a first time though. Another thought: I wonder what a Vegas book would pay (on the dollar) on a provisional where one bets all visiting teams win on a weekend, straight up?
                              Well I read recently about some lucky furniture recipients from something similar... not exactly the same thing... but kind of an interesting NFL thing...
                              Over Labor Day weekend, Gonigam's World Furniture Mall in Plano offered customers free furniture — up to $10,000 — if the Bears shut out the Green Bay Packers in their season opener. Four quarters, 206 customers and about $300,000 later, Gonigam is still a little shell-shocked....
                              http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/fbn_bears_furniture

anyone local like bet someting on the 11/6 Raider Seahawk game...even w/ points?

Comment

Working...
                              X