Islam mad at Pope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islam mad at Pope

Funny how the Pope uses a reference to the bloodthirsty way that Islam uses to spread the word of god, and it results in more Islamic violence.

As if to make a point.

Islam brings nothing to the religious table that is new in the world except for the command in the Quran to "convert or kill"

Miu....Waioli....other apologists....Do you get it???

World War III has begun. It is a religious war. As long as the Quran has followers, peace on our planet will never happen.

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Re: Islam mad at Pope

Originally posted by timkona
    Funny how the Pope uses a reference to the bloodthirsty way that Islam uses to spread the word of god, and it results in more Islamic violence.

As if to make a point.

Islam brings nothing to the religious table that is new in the world except for the command in the Quran to "convert or kill"

Miu....Waioli....other apologists....Do you get it???

World War III has begun. It is a religious war. As long as the Quran has followers, peace on our planet will never happen.

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
    <sigh> you remind me of the President, Tim: It's all black or white, no gray. Not all Muslims feel that they need to wage a holy war against Catholics. And if you really feel the way you do about Muslims, you'd better find another country to live in, because there has been an upsurge in the number of LEGAL immigrants from Muslim countries into the US in the years following 9/11. Tim, they could be your NEIGHBORS, fer chrissakes! What are you going to do to those people????? Are you going to broadbrush all Muslims as scum, in the same way that some people in Hawai'i characterize all caucasians as scum????

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Miulang, it is imperative that you read the Quran.

I am, of course, not against religious freedom of any kind. But if the religion has mandate's for conversion that are rooted in violence, then I draw the line. In as much as Catholics were wrong during the Inquisition, today's violence rooted in Islam is very similar. The obvious difference being the basic reference to "convert or kill" in the Quran, which is not found in the Bible.

For Muslims who are not being violent, that is a wise choice, as it is for anybody who is behaving themselves in a civilized world. For it is civilization, and the notion of Law & Order that keeps us from anarchy.

Freedom has limits where law & order might be compromised.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Aren't you kinda contradicting yourself, though? Isn't the Quran of the moderate Muslim the same Quran as the one the radical Muslims use? What makes for a "peaceful" Muslim as opposed to a violent one if they both use the same holy book?

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Hummmmm I think he is simply stating what MOST people are thinking... I will not compare him to the "Thing" in the white house....

Miulang.....I think you took it more personal that it was meant to be... he didn't mention anything about catholics or anyone else....

afterall..... you don't see christians... jews or any other religion group out there using what they believe to keep killing people all in the name of God....

Ohh yeah.... please know that I came from a long line of people that are Islam.... so I know it is just a selected few in the world that takes it overboard and uses every excuse to do what they are doing....

We are basically being taken hostage.... and nobody or anything can ever say anything that they find offensive........ without them getting out there to start killing others....

bahhhhhhhh hummmmm bug.......
          Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
          Mark Twain

Comment

A peaceful Muslim is one that is choosing NOT to follow select teachings in the Quran.

Just like some Christians choose NOT to follow some of the Bible's teachings.

Therein lies the lunacy of religion in general.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by Queenolu
              Hummmmm I think he is simply stating what MOST people are thinking... I will not compare him to the "Thing" in the white house....

Miulang.....I think you took it more personal that it was meant to be... he didn't mention anything about catholics or anyone else....

afterall..... you don't see christians... jews or any other religion group out there using what they believe to keep killing people all in the name of God....

Ohh yeah.... please know that I came from a long line of people that are Islam.... so I know it is just a selected few in the world that takes it overboard and uses every excuse to do what they are doing....

We are basically being taken hostage.... and nobody or anything can ever say anything that they find offensive........ without them getting out there to start killing others....

bahhhhhhhh hummmmm bug.......
              You find "Christians" bombing abortion clinics or killing doctors who perform abortions in the name of religion. You find Jews (in Israel) wanting to keep Palestinians in permanent slavery in the Gaza. Any religion per se is dangerous when put in the hands of extremists. Even the socalled "peaceful" Buddhists had a whacko bunch called Sokka Gokkai that killed a few people in the Tokyo subways a few years back.

Miulang
              Last edited by Miulang; September 18, 2006, 10:30 AM.

Comment

The obvious difference being the basic reference to "convert or kill" in the Quran, which is not found in the Bible.
                I thought we had addressed this error before, in a different thread. Here's an excerpt of my posting from August 16:
                > In Deuteronomy 13:6-16, the Lord instructs Israel to kill anyone who worships a different god or who worships the Lord differently.
                > In Luke 19:22-27, Jesus orders killed anyone who refuses to be ruled by him.

On a related topic, if we're going to take some HT posters to task for the number of their postings, we also have the right to berate others for repeating the same phrases over and over in the majority of their posts: "Convert or kill" --- "liberal congnitive dissonance" --- "the politics of NO" --- "YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED."

At least Miulang says something different with each posting.
                A peaceful Muslim is one that is choosing NOT to follow select teachings in the Quran. Just like some Christians choose NOT to follow some of the Bible's teachings. Therein lies the lunacy of religion in general.
                NOW we are more in agreement, Tim.

Comment

Okay Miulang, you said earlier that there is some gray. Gray is a term that is fair to use, because it begs the question of "to what degree".

If it comes down to a question of degree, then the number of incidents is fair game. Would you say the number of incidents of Islamic based violence is higher of lower than the number of incidents of Christian or Jewish based violence, in the last 20 years?

I guess I do things more black & white than you. Because the line between right & wrong is pretty clear to most.
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Oh man. Don't even get me started about Leviticus in the Bible. Sacrificed your bulls lately? Stoned your neighbor that was working on Sunday? (Not pakalolo )

There are a lot of loony things in pretty much all religions that some fringe people take way too seriously. Right now the extremist Muslims are in the news for it.

Comment

What is happening is that Islam is about 600 years behind Christianity in terms of social evolution.

600 years ago Christianity was mired in the Inquisition. Now Islam is going through the same growing pains.

Good rulers were able to stop the Inquisition eventually. Perhaps good rulers will stop the violence of Islam today. If we learn from history, then we should dispatch with the law breakers as quickly as possible, such that the religion can showcase its' peaceful side.
                      FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Okay Miulang, you said earlier that there is some gray. Gray is a term that is fair to use, because it begs the question of "to what degree".

If it comes down to a question of degree, then the number of incidents is fair game. Would you say the number of incidents of Islamic based violence is higher of lower than the number of incidents of Christian or Jewish based violence, in the last 20 years?

I guess I do things more black & white than you. Because the line between right & wrong is pretty clear to most.
                        If you want to keep a scorecard, Tim, let's not just do it for the last 20 years. Let's go back through the history of humankind and look at what the Crusades did, what the Spanish Inquisition did, what Hitler did. I think the scorecard would come out about even; it just so happens that right now in time the Muslims are having their turn. In my experience, what comes around, goes around...eventually.

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                          it just so happens that right now in time the Muslims are having their turn.
                          ...with weapons that can destroy more than at any other time in history, as well as communication systems that spread the word of their destruction more widely and with greater speed than at any other point in history. Two factors that make it appear that modern fundamentalist terrorism is worse than in the past; the world didn't have an ancient CNN: Crusaders News Network; but I suspect those religious soldiers used the most brutal and violent methods available to them at the time, all in Jesus' name - "convert or kill" was a summation of their mission.

Comment

I took the road less traveled, .......... Every post?
                            FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

That is the nature of a signature line, after all. (Yes, I think I took it in the spirit in which it was meant.)

Comment

Working...
                              X