District 25 - Makiki/Tantalus Throwdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• District 25 - Makiki/Tantalus Throwdown

I hope that cutie Tracy Okubo wins the Shatz seat.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: What's up with Djou?

Wow, that’s the first time I’ve heard her referred to as a “cutie.” I'll be sure to let her know she has some “fans” the next time I see her.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

Ah, Tracy Okubo, one of those "Meet Your New Neighbors!" fear mongering Republicans. But, well, she's supposedly a cute waitress... and we all know scrivener's got a weakness there.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        Ah, Tracy Okubo, one of those "Meet Your New Neighbors!" fear mongering Republicans. But, well, she's supposedly a cute waitress... and we all know scrivener's got a weakness there.
        But does she have an electable belly?

Comment

I think Scriv has to be the judge of that!

Although her other opponents in the Makiki-Tantalus race have websites -- John Steelquist, Joy Matsuda, and Della Au Belatti -- the Tracy Okubo site is just titled "blank." A pity, since a lack of a photo gallery means she's giving up that critical "cutie" vote!

Tracy is running unopposed Saturday, though, so she's got time.

If I were still living in Makiki? From what little I've read this morning, I'd probably vote Joy Matsuda, who emphasizes education, affordable rentals and housing, and economic diversification. And hey, Scriv, she's a teacher!

Comment

Re: District 25 - Makiki/Tantalus Throwdown

Heh. When I mentioned her useless website on my blog, Okubo informed me of her MySpace.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
              But does she have an electable belly?
              "ELECTABLE?" Maybe, you meant "DELECTABLE!"

Comment

Originally posted by poinographer
                Heh. When I mentioned her useless website on my blog, Okubo informed me of her MySpace.
                OMG, how can she have a MySpace page without a bikini pic and a survey?

Comment

Ahhh, the joys of discussing "politics." (We are SO bad! )

Comment

she is kinda cute...
                    look, shes only got 17 friends and 2 comments, someone add her =p
                    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Oh, man...look at those lovely daikon legs in that photo with Fasi.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Woah easy there guys. This is not a beauty pagent. I think I'm going with Belatti in the democratic primary, and in the General if she wins the democratic vote. She seems to be pretty astute, and well mannered.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent
                          she is kinda cute...
                          look, shes only got 17 friends and 2 comments, someone add her =p
                          That's just her campaign MySpace. She's had her other one since 2003.

I've known her for 10+ years now, and at 27 years old she already has loads of experience under her belt. She's worked with lawmakers on both the national and local level, and I have no doubt that she's the best candidate for the job. I only wish I lived in her district so that she could have my vote.
                          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                          We're not here to mess around
                          Boston, you know we love you madly
                          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                          You know we couldn't live without you
                          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

First of all, what exactly are daikon legs? I know what chicken legs are. I know Tracy’s got great legs (sculpted through well-targeted workouts in the gym), but I wouldn’t eat a radish shaped like that. But as far as her race for this seat, that’s a tough one.

If I lived in her district, I would probably vote for her, but only because she’s a personal friend of mine. John Steelquist, a well known neighborhood board member, will no doubt give her some mighty fierce competition.

In the end, she will need to get out of her comfort zone to win this one. Touting her accomplishments and making friends in high places have never been a problem for her. Articulating what she can do for her constituents on the other hand, has always been her achilles heel, and her mySpace web site continues to be a reflection of that.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                            USA TODAY, page 2A
                            11 March 1993

Comment

Bush shadow cast on local GOP
                              A goofy picture of President Bush scratching his head appears under the banner "What a Mess!" — a mailer from the Democratic Party of Hawai'i that claims the state has suffered from the war in Iraq, the federal No Child Left Behind education law, cutbacks to Medicare and Medicaid, and higher gasoline and electricity prices.

The target of the mailer is not Gov. Linda Lingle or one of the GOP candidates for federal office, but Tracy Okubo, a Republican state policy analyst campaigning in state House District 25 (Makiki, Tantalus). [...]

Okubo, who has sent out mailers with pictures of her with Lingle, said she was a little disappointed about being lumped in with Bush. "I wish that we could have just continued to focus on the issues important to our community and to our state," she said.

Comment

Working...
                              X