Love from The Beatles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love from The Beatles

With the blessing from the families of John and George,as well Paul and Ringo, George Martin is releasing this Beatles "mash-up" CD.
    Sir George Martin, now a sprightly 80, glides into a small room at London's Abbey Road studios and takes a seat beside his son Giles. Just down the hall is the famous Studio 2, where, 40-odd years ago, Sir George and the Beatles created some of the greatest records ever made. The Martins — 36-year-old Giles is also a producer, with a CV including Kate Bush and Elvis Costello — are here to put the final touches on an extraordinary new Beatles project, a so-called ''mash-up'' album called Love. The disc takes elements from more than 130 original Beatles tracks and meshes them together into a ''panorama of sound,'' as Sir George puts it.

Giles hits ''play'' on the console in front of him, and out blasts the Beatles as you've never heard them. The basic track of ''Lady Madonna,'' for example, has been superimposed onto drums and percussion from the White Album's ''Why Don't We Do It in the Road?'' and ''Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da.'' Somewhere in this stew is Eric Clapton's guitar solo from ''While My Guitar Gently Weeps,'' plus other ambient noises and sounds. The effect is thrilling and contemporary. ''We thought, if the Beatles were together today, '' says Sir George, explaining the record's ethos, ''what would they be playing? That was always in our minds.'' According to Sir George, Paul told him that '''you could be more adventurous still, y'know....''' When Ringo heard the finished version of ''Octopus's Garden,'' ''his jaw dropped.''
    Sounds interesting to me ...I can wait!
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Love from The Beatles

This is from the music that he has assembled for the new Cirque du Soleil show at the Mirage in Vegas.
    Last edited by Leo Lakio; September 20, 2006, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X