Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suppose...

....I should introduce myself.

I found this site yesterday while looking for stuff to do for my next trip out. What a great site! Ever since my first trip to Hawaii, I've been insterested in the culture and the people and have been curious as to how much of what they show and say on TV is true. So far, this site is one of the first ones where I actually get to see the truths about people living in Hawaii.

Like most everyone I know who has been to Hawaii, I've fallen in love. So far, I've only visited Oahu and Maui but I plan on visiting all the islands at some point or another. So far, my pick is Maui over Oahu but the circumstances of my visits may have had something to do with it. My first trip to Oahu was with my parents and my wife. At the time, my wife went from being my girlfriend at the start of the trip to being my fiance at the end of the trip. Definitely a wonderful experience albeit real stressful My trip to Maui was for my honeymoon. MUCH more relaxing. Best part of my Maui trip? It'd be a tossup between the road to Hana with my wife and Snorkeling turtle arches. The thing that blew me away on maui was the pace... Maybe it's just me being a tourist but time seemed to slow. Even while I sat in traffic around Lahina, I never got the feeling that people were getting aggravated at the fact that they were sitting in traffic. It was just one of those things that was accepted in life. Mind you, I live in the PA/NY/NJ area so....people tend to drive a bit crazy here.

Hawaii dreaming? Yes! Absolutely! I'd Love! to just pack up my things and move there. I feel totally at home there. Me being Filipino and there NOT being a whole lot of us here in PA is kind of a drag. Unfortunately, it's realistic for me at this point unfortunately. Unless there's some untapped job source for Senior CAD positions I don't know about lol.

SOOO.. for now, I'll just keep looking forward to my next visit. Which happens to be this coming January. I sure hope time flies by tull then.
    -kp!

Re: I suppose...

Posted by kungpao:

At the time, my wife went from being my girlfriend at the start of the trip to being my fiance at the end of the trip.

Awesome!! Hawaii has that effect on people . Welcome to HT and hope your return visit comes quickly and is as exiciting!!

Comment

Welcome to HT. I am sure you will get more than your share of info here.
      Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
      Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Kungpao
        .... The thing that blew me away on maui was the pace... Maybe it's just me being a tourist but time seemed to slow. Even while I sat in traffic around Lahina, I never got the feeling that people were getting aggravated at the fact that they were sitting in traffic. It was just one of those things that was accepted in life. Mind you, I live in the PA/NY/NJ area so....people tend to drive a bit crazy here.

Ever heard of Maui Wowie?....partial reason for the MeeLLoOw pace...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Got2HaVKaYaNoW
          Ever heard of Maui Wowie?....partial reason for the MeeLLoOw pace...
          Nah, the reason why people were so mellow (except for the touristas who don't know any better) is because the pali road gets shut down so frequently that people pack emergency kits in their cars just in case! They also know that once you're stuck in that backup, you have NO PLACE to turn around or any alternate routes, so you might as well turn off da engine, drink a soda and have a snack.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Kungpao
            Hawaii dreaming? Yes! Absolutely! I'd Love! to just pack up my things and move there. I feel totally at home there. Me being Filipino and there NOT being a whole lot of us here in PA is kind of a drag. Unfortunately, it's realistic for me at this point unfortunately. Unless there's some untapped job source for Senior CAD positions I don't know about lol.
            You'd probably also feel at home in California, especially in Carson, Cerritos, Daly City, Fullerton, and the San Diego community of Mira Mesa.
            Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

Originally posted by Jonah K
              You'd probably also feel at home in California, especially in Carson, Cerritos, Daly City, Fullerton, and the San Diego community of Mira Mesa.

Yeah, I used to live in Cali. Pleasanton to be exact. Still have family there and be sure to visit goldilox and bring home frozen sio pao when I come home. Oh and there's one noodle house that I forget the name of at the moment in Daily City.

Maui Question... When we went for our honeymoon, there was a guy in lahina under the tree that played guitar and sang on the street corner. He was there every day?!? Who is he? Anyone know?
              -kp!

Comment

there was a guy in lahina under the tree that played guitar and sang on the street corner. He was there every day?!? Who is he? Anyone know?

You mean this guy?

http://photos.photosig.com/photos/97...4797-thumb.jpg

That's Uncle {not sure his real name, but we been calling him Uncle for years..since I was a little kid}. Very cool person and if you ever get a chance to talk to him, stop and say wassup. He's been a fixture in town ever since I can remember.

Aloha
                http://surfwordz.dnswh.com/

Comment

I think that's him! I never saw him with a shirt on and that pic is kinda small but I remember the beard. I'd usually see him on the corner of hotel and front streets or in banyan tree park.
                  -kp!

Comment

Working...
                  X