Banned MTV ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned MTV ads

Jacked these from another board and a blog. Makes a valid point, but some heavy stuff--I can see why they were pulled. I don't mean to start any arguments on this board, but dang--these ads are a wakeup call to our domestic problems. Anyone managed to see the videos from which these stills were pulled?

Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: Banned MTV ads

I still think it is so much for the families to handle.
    Especially an ad.
    You have no warning.
    If it were a program, you could choose to change it or not watch...a commercial?? You are kind of hit in the face with it! What are you going to get up and RUN to the remote to change it? No you will end up seeing it anyways.
    Hard for the kids/wives/husbands/parents...so see on a random basis.
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I think maybe that's the point. It's already too easy to "change the channel" on some of our problems like that.

Comment

These have been circulating since last year. A quick Google finds it blogged and posted to message boards all over, successfully whipping some folks into a frenzy. I don't think they were ever authenticated, and are probably just one of dozens upon dozens of inflammatory e-mail forwards and hoaxes clogging our tubes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bard
          I think maybe that's the point. It's already too easy to "change the channel" on some of our problems like that.
          Point or not it doesn't make it less painful for the families of those killed. If it were just me it wouldn't matter. But they have to deal with it every day.

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle
            Point or not it doesn't make it less painful for the families of those killed. If it were just me it wouldn't matter. But they have to deal with it every day.
            Yeah, I wasn't trying to make a judgement about it one way or another. I can't know because I'm not one of them. Just sayin'.. that's probably what the ad makers intended.

Comment

Y'know what ... those types of ads, where someone is preaching at me about what huge problem I *should be* concerned with, kinda sorta irritate me. "So you're worried about the rainforest ... Oh, yeah? Well, you SHOULD worry about FUR COATS!"

I just *hate* preachy ads telling me how I should feel and what I should worry about, particularly when they're on some vast cultural wasteland like MTV. I especially detest celebrities in ads saying things like ... Ah, forget it, it'll just start something, and I'm already getting a damn migraine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bard
                Yeah, I wasn't trying to make a judgement about it one way or another. I can't know because I'm not one of them. Just sayin'.. that's probably what the ad makers intended.
                Well, I am with you on this one. But I have a soft spot for the families. Just kills me. I am a sap that way

Comment

Sad, but true...

Sometimes though, the world needs a heavy dose of reality...
                  <3 EriKa
                  ErikaMarie.us

Comment

I guarantee you that Hunger & Homelessness & AIDS are worse problems where Lawlessness is the order of society.

These problems are much easier to address in a lawful society. That alone should be enough to spur any apologist toward promoting law & order.

These ads are good examples of cognitive dissonance.
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
                    X