Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having a Romantic Dinner place EMERGENCY! HELP HT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a Romantic Dinner place EMERGENCY! HELP HT!

hellllllllllp!!! celebrating very special night with my man and it's my turn to pick and have NO idea where to go.

need somewhere i can wear a dress. ..... like Duc's Bistro... but not there because we eat there too much..... don't care about price just need something good (new?) because i can never think of anything good when i'm put on the spot.

i have 4 hours starting now.....

(ps: i hope everyone voted today!)
    life is ok sometimes

Re: Having a Romantic Dinner place EMERGENCY! HELP HT!

One word...Aaron's.

On the top of Ala Moana Hotel, excellent food, VIP service to every couple, dim lighting, live light jazz & smooth R & B..wall to wall GLASS! beautiful view of Honolulu City lights and Vibrant Waikiki!

Been there annually for 6 years with the HuBby on March 9th..its the one night out of the year we get a fancy-shmancyed & dressed up
    !
    sigpic

Comment

The Bali at the HHV...my favorite fine dining spot...right on the water...great food...highly recommend it!

Comment

The Bistro at Century Center. When my wife and I fantasize about actually having a dinner out, just the two of us, it's often on our short list.

Comment

You cannot go wrong at Bali (as tutusue notes) or The Bistro (as mentioned by pz). Dressing up is expected at The Bistro. Reservations might be hard to come by but if you're willing to dine late, say 8:30 or 9 you should be fine.

Comment

Hoku's at Kahala Mandarin!

Comment

Ala Moana Surfrider or Royal Hawaiian hotels both have great restaurants.

Comment

She's got about an hour to go, and is probably dressing up as I type...

I am curious which restaurants have dress codes, though, like The Bistro. Otherwise, even "nice restaurants" in Hawaii can be pretty lax. I can see the appeal of dining where everyone else got dolled up, and not looking a bit out of place next to an untucked aloha shirt and khakis.

Please do report what you eventually chose, Christa, and how you and your beau liked it! And, of course, we'll expect photos! (Of dinner, I mean, not... never mind...)

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                  She's got about an hour to go, and is probably dressing up as I type...

I am curious which restaurants have dress codes, though, like The Bistro. Otherwise, even "nice restaurants" in Hawaii can be pretty lax.
                  La Mer requires jacket coats for guys (even though there's no a/c) in the place and most guys seem to take the thing off and put it on their chairs.

Comment

thank you so much!!!

we wound up at aarons and it was fantastic. i had these giant scallops and they did that 151 strawberry thing for dessert. classy! but the lobster bisque tasted like gravy to me
                    we went upstairs and just happened to run into a group of our friends eating so it wasn't "our" night as planned anyway.

i think we'll try Bali next.

ps: i LOVE this messageboard
                    life is ok sometimes

Comment

I'd really recommend Paesano in Manoa. Better then Asiagio's IMO. The cold carpacio is yummy.
                      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Working...
                      X