UH’s sexual tally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH’s sexual tally

Last Tuesday Trojan Brand Condoms released its Sexual Health Report evaluating how “sexually healthy” universities and colleges were around the nation, with the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa placing 45 out of 100 and receiving a GPA of 2.1.
    UH’s sexual tally:
    C Informative website
    F Condom advice/availability
    A Contraception advice/availability
    A HIV and STI testing
    B Sexual assault services
    F Sexual advice column/Q&A
    C Lecture/outreach programs
    http://www.kaleo.org/vnews/display.v.../451734840420c

I know for a fact that the contraception advice/availability should receive an "A" for I sure saved a lot of money because of the free condoms back in the dorm days!

Re: UH’s sexual tally

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    http://www.kaleo.org/vnews/display.v.../451734840420c

I know for a fact that the contraception advice/availability should receive an "A" for I sure saved a lot of money because of the free condoms back in the dorm days!
    Whoa...my bad, playa.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery
      Whoa...my bad, playa.
      nah... I had a gf at the time... just never like knock her up!

Comment

nah... I had a gf at the time... just never like knock her up!
        After college was another matter entirely, right?

Well, at UHH, there were free condoms in Campus Center outside the health office, which was two doors down from the newspaper office. That poor basket was cleaned out almost daily. Not much to do in Hilo, some said... but those folks just didn't have any imagination!

I find it kind of odd that Manoa (the school, not Damon!) got an "A" for "contraception advice/availability," but an "F" for "condom advice/availability." Sounds like there's a lot of birth control going 'round... condoms just aren't the preferred method.

Comment

Well, at UHH, there were free condoms in Campus Center outside the health office, which was two doors down from the newspaper office. That poor basket was cleaned out almost daily
          Them dang Newspaper workers must have been cleaning them out!

Comment

Hmm...I really don't recall any other form of contraception being available at the front desks of any dorm/apt. on campus other than condoms. Wait--do the horrible beds in student housing count? What about having engineering as your major?

flickr

Comment

I find it kind of odd that Manoa (the school) got an "A" for "contraception advice/availability," but an "F" for "condom advice/availability." Sounds like there's a lot of birth control going 'round... condoms just aren't the preferred method.
              Interesting observation... Because when I transferred from UHH to UHM... we quit with the condoms and switched over to Birth Control Pill!

Why... Cause it was Free from UH...and it was much more "Sensual" can I say?

Comment

I remember back in the late 70's or early 80's some UH grad student did a survey on how sexually active UH females were. According to this survey 1 out of 4 women on campus were sexually active.

Only 100 women were surveyed and there were a lot of pissed off UH female students because of the size of the sampling.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                  I remember back in the late 70's or early 80's some UH grad student did a survey on how sexually active UH females were. According to this survey 1 out of 4 women on campus were sexually active.

Only 100 women were surveyed and there were a lot of pissed off UH female students because of the size of the sampling.
                  Was it a "hands on" survey?

Comment

Was it a "hands on" survey?
                    Hmmmm...what a thesis!
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

When I was in school (1997-2003), Valentines Day was my favorite time of the year.

Why?

It meant the Annual Condom Fair at the Campus Center! The goal was to get the most condoms AND the funkiest type of condom and/or lube they were giving out.
                      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                      We're not here to mess around
                      Boston, you know we love you madly
                      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                      You know we couldn't live without you
                      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I remember this too, Lei Liko. So Mānoa does have a point. Those grades are bogus!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                        USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko
                          When I was in school (1997-2003), Valentines Day was my favorite time of the year.

Why?

It meant the Annual Condom Fair at the Campus Center! The goal was to get the most condoms AND the funkiest type of condom and/or lube they were giving out.
                          Ahh...the flavored ones, and the Condom Man mascot that roamed Campus Center.

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe

Only 1 out of 4?? was this a catholic school??? that seems LOW
                            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                            Sharing withother survivors...
                            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery
                              Ahh...the flavored ones, and the Condom Man mascot that roamed Campus Center.
                              The unscented/unflavored lubes were the easiest to clean up. Not as sticky.

I miss the Campus Center. I think I spent more time there than I did in class.
                              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                              We're not here to mess around
                              Boston, you know we love you madly
                              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                              You know we couldn't live without you
                              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Working...
                              X