Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancer

Well, many that know me... Know that my mom has fought cancer on and off for most of my life.

Tonight, she told me she has lymphatic cancer again.

Please hold my mom in your prayers....

Manoasurfer123

Re: Cancer

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    Well, many that know me... Know that my mom has fought cancer on and off for most of my life.

Tonight, she told me she has lymphatic cancer again.

Please hold my mom in your prayers....

Manoasurfer123
    I'm so sorry, Manoa. Sending good thoughts and prayers....

Comment

OK everyone...don't feel sorry for me... I don't want to sound callous here...

My mom was warned to stop doing the things she did many times now...

I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me.... Yeah it sucks... but no need feel sorry for me... You can feel sorry for her though...

My mom lived the lifestyle she did as her choice...it's my choice to avoid that lifestyle.

However, TIA.

Manoa

Comment

Manoa...your mom will be right there in my prayers along with my friend who has lymphoma. Stay positive for your mom.

Comment

Manoa, As you and everybody was there for me...I shall be there for you in prayers, thoughts and when you need me as well.

Hugs

Hanai Mom Lynn
          Last edited by 1stwahine; September 25, 2006, 07:12 PM.
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I will put your mom on my prayer list.
            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
            Sharing withother survivors...
            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I will definitely put your mom in my prayers. Keep positive!
              Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

the thing I'm most worried about... is my mom possibly feeling rejected by my 2 year old son that doesn't recognize grandma without hair on her head come x-mas time....

I mean I know after a few minutes it will mean nothing to him... but, my mom is worried that my son won't hug her when she first see's him after she starts losing her hair...again.

My son was only 4 months old the first time she lost her hair...now he's 2 1/2... and I know myself he will get over it... cause it's "grandma" to him... however, my mom doesn't want to scare him....

I told her no worry...just wear a hat...etc...

Am I scared... Nope... Proud that my mom has foughten through these things before and know that she will get through this.... Love you mom... feel free to start posting here on HT... I know your lurking!

Comment

When My sons grandmother was passing from Cancer...I editted a picture of her for my son. He was 4 at the time. then I did one of me and him and my husband and showed him how we would all look without hair.

I know it is silly and may be insensitive but it worked for him.

And the only thing that scared him was all the equipment in thre hospital. But he was able to sit with her many days. So whatever works.

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle
                    When My sons grandmother was passing from Cancer...I editted a picture of her for my son. He was 4 at the time. then I did one of me and him and my husband and showed him how we would all look without hair.[...]
                    Whatta great idea, Blue.

Comment

freaking brilliant "pinkshave ice!" You know I give you crap everytime w/ your name...

but that is simply so fricking brilliant that I'm going to try it... so easy etc....

Thanks Pinky.

I'm actually going to make a full size picture of her head w/out hair and get him introduced the picture of her w/out hair long before he sees her...

fricking brilliant... and too easy.... Once again... HT has blessed me with a serious answer to something I just through out there... this is some of the brilliance of this place....

manoa

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle
                        When My sons grandmother was passing from Cancer...I editted a picture of her for my son. He was 4 at the time. then I did one of me and him and my husband and showed him how we would all look without hair.

I know it is silly and may be insensitive but it worked for him.

And the only thing that scared him was all the equipment in thre hospital. But he was able to sit with her many days. So whatever works.
                        That's a beautiful idea. Thank you.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your mom Manoa...she will be in my prayers...

That is a really good idea Blue..I will share that with a friend of mine whose toddler might have to deal with that...
                          Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Mom Manoa. She surely will kept in my prayers.
                            Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                            Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah, well what do they say? Nessecity it the mother of invention.

Nothing I won't do for the boys in this house. They loved seeing me with no hair too.

Comment

Working...
                              X