Calling all Keali'i Reichel's fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Keali'i Reichel's fans

Just wanted to let everyone know that Keali'i Reichel new Christmas called "Maluhia" comes out on November 21st. I can't wait to get it!
    Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Re: Calling all Keali'i Reichel's fans

side query:

am I the only one who does not fawn over him and his music? I get choke of my fellow Hawaiian titaz who would *die* to mother his bebez! Am I the only one who will keep my ovaries to myself? I would rather spill 'em on beeeeg blalahs instead.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
      I get choke of my fellow Hawaiian titaz who would *die* to mother his bebez! Am I the only one who will keep my ovaries to myself? I would rather spill 'em on beeeeg blalahs instead.
      Well, considering he doesn't "play for that team," you needn't worry.

I understand Hema Pa`a also plan a holiday album this year, along with someone else who escapes my memory at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
        I would rather spill 'em on beeeeg blalahs instead.
        Being a "Beeg Blalah" myself, I wish more wahines thought that way. *sigh*

Anyway, I am definately looking forward to the new cd. Unfortunately I get to mail-order it.
        "Dont put of 'til tomorrow what you can forget about completely!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by kaipo
          Anyway, I am definately looking forward to the new cd. Unfortunately I get to mail-order it.
          You go through Auntie Maria at mele.com, I hope? She's the best at keeping off-Islanders hooked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
            You go through Auntie Maria at mele.com, I hope? She's the best at keeping off-Islanders hooked up.
            Mele.com isn't the only option to buy Hawaiian music online. e808.com is another good choice.

Support Hawaiian music by purchasing CDs from Hawaii-based retailers. You're doing your part to help Hawaii's economy.

Comment

and this one is based out of Hilo:

http://www.buyhawaiianmusic.com/

pax

Comment

out of all 3 of those sites...

I really favor mele.com

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                  out of all 3 of those sites...

I really favor mele.com
                  I agree.

Aside from the fact that they're great at selling Hawaiian music, I love how the site is pretty much a one stop shop for getting information about your favorite local artists and contact info for halau here, there, and everywhere!
                  Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                  We're not here to mess around
                  Boston, you know we love you madly
                  Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                  Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                  You know we couldn't live without you
                  Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

There's also iTunes, and the new Oceanic Cable effort OC-Tunes. The artists themselves get a cut if you purchase their music through those channels.

The best way to support Hawaii-based artists and businesses is by choosing a distribution venue that directly benefits them.

It may not seem like much, but it definitely means something.

Comment

I like Kealii Reichel's music, and his use of his popularity as a platform to advance Native Hawaiian language and culture... but I, too, don't really see the justification for all the swooning. He's not ugly, he's in great shape, but... he's just a guy. Kinda short, too. Then again, I don't have any ovaries.

Gotta second, third, ditto Mele.com. Auntie Maria is awesome, and was doing the "music online" thing when most retailers were still trying to open their free AOL CDs. Forget OCTunes, though.

Comment

Coming out in November, a DVD from the PBS Hawai`i tv series, "Superstars of Hawaiian Music in the Best of Na Mele IV." There are five Keali`i Reichel pieces on it, along with performences by Amy Hanaiali`i Gilliom & Willie K, Makaha Sons, Maunalua and `Ale`a.

Comment

Coming out in November, a DVD from the PBS Hawai`i tv series, "Superstars of Hawaiian Music in the Best of Na Mele IV." There are five Keali`i Reichel pieces on it, along with performences by Amy Hanaiali`i Gilliom & Willie K, Makaha Sons, Maunalua and `Ale`a.
                          Mahalo Leo Lakio! I will sure check it out!
                          Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Coming out in November, a DVD from the PBS Hawai`i tv series, "Superstars of Hawaiian Music in the Best of Na Mele IV." [...]
                            Wow! That's a 'must buy'. Thanks LL. If it's convenient, please update this thread when the DVD is released as my senior moments are on the increase!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                              Wow! That's a 'must buy'. Thanks LL. If it's convenient, please update this thread when the DVD is released as my senior moments are on the increase!
                              Right on. I also got word from the same publicist that there will be a "Makaha Sons Live at the Hawai`i Theatre" DVD coming soon, from their 2006 Hana Hou performance. Natalie Ai Kamauu is one of the guests, and I really enjoy her CD.

Comment

Working...
                              X