Western Astrology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Astrology

Check out This Page for the attributes to your astrological sign.

I'm Aquarius and this fits too!

AQUARIUS
    General advice: You will ascend rapidly into the captivating spotlight. With an appetite for fame, you will make some exceptional power plays. Avoid any signs of an ultimatum as your eccentric genius gets center stage. You will be characteristically unpredictable, and as you live life in the fast lane your social calendar will sizzle with exciting activity.

Qualities: Fixed, Airy, Masculine
    Zones: Legs

The Sun in Aquarius: You are idealistic, with strong likes and dislikes. You are a thinker with strong needs for originality. You also tend to view the world in an uncoventional light. You are often determined, cautious, quiet, as well as philosophical. Others often percieve you as refined, pleasant and generous. You have radical ideas that are looked upon as eccentric.

Taken directly from the site.

I agree. I'm a crazy guy that gets away with alot and my wife likes my legs!
    And since my ruling planet is Uranus, that's why I can't help checking out the females Okoles!
    Last edited by Menehune Man; September 26, 2006, 10:29 PM.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: Western Astrology

Originally posted by Menehune Man
    Check out This Page for the attributes to your astrological sign.

I'm Aquarius and this fits too!
    Pop astrology. Who the heck would NOT like to think of themselves as idealistic? Who DOESN'T have "strong likes and dislikes"? Who among us is not "determined, cautious, quiet, as well as philosophical"?

No better than the stuff in your morning newspaper horoscope section. You too can be a fortune teller at your local Renaissance Fair.

Blah blah blah.

Try this for a bit more acumen:

astrodienst.com

Go have fun.

BTW, quadruple Scorpio here. Carry on.
    Last edited by WindwardOahuRN; September 26, 2006, 10:52 PM.

Comment

This is all for fun! And remember we are all eccentric anyways. HaHa!
      The astrodienst truly has no more crediblity.
      Acumen: Keen insight, Shrewdness From the Webster's College Dictionary

Astrodienst.com
      Last edited by Menehune Man; September 26, 2006, 11:10 PM. Reason: Add link

Comment

This is all for fun! And remember we are all eccentric anyways. HaHa!
        The astrodienst truly has no more crediblity.
        Acumen: Keen insight, Shrewdness From the Webster's College Dictionary
        LOL. Perhaps you're right.

Or maybe not.

If you are truly serious, do a chart with your actual birthdate and birthplace coordinates. It will just as likely disappoint you as delight you. Unlike the "pop astrology" forecasts and readings. Pop sights are grossly generalistic.

If you are just looking for validation of traits that you already believe you possess, stick to the daily horoscopes in your local newspapers. Por ejemplo: "You are warm and loving but feel that others don't appreciate you." "You know you are special and have much to offer but feel that others have yet to recognize how special you truly are." Duh.

BTW, I already knew the meaning of the word "acumen." I was assuming you did, too, when I used it. If I thought otherwise I would have included the definition in my post.

And remember--this is all for fun!
        Last edited by WindwardOahuRN; September 26, 2006, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
          LOL. Perhaps you're right. Or maybe not.
          BTW, I already knew the meaning of the word "acumen." I was assuming you did, too, when I used it.
          Exactly! And I put the meaning because it fit sooo well, Keen insight(possibly) and Shrewed(another maybe).
          Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
          If you are truly serious, do a chart with your actual birthdate and birthplace coordinates. It will just as likely disappoint you as delight you.
          Please don't take this as arrogant. It's just my opinion concerning my life.
          I can't/won't take it serious because it holds no validity with me. I thought it was funny how I could find various statements in both the Chinese and Western style astrologies that I could mold to fit myself and that everyone else could also. I know who I am and how I feel about varied topics without an astrologer to tell me what that should be. As I said this was just for fun.

Comment

General Advice
            The Scorpio will lead the way this year. Believing in the value of experience, your wisdom will attract a wealthy following. Your spiritual pilgrimage will take you to the top of the mountain and back again, as the dying century brings you to your peak performance. Elegantly entertaining and ahead of your time, an irresistible, karmic love stares you in the eye. You enter the year with vigor and candor, as the warrior within you is poised to tackle new battles and liberate taboos. Your heart is fearless this year.

Scorpio Attributes
            Qualities=Fixed, Watery, Feminine
            Zones=Secrets

The Sun in Scorpio
            Your Scorpio influence provokes you to be bold courageous, creative and scientific. Originality is almost always an outlet for success. You often mind your own business, and expect others to do the same. However, you can also tend to be suspicious, skeptical and critical. There is an intensity in your thinking, and deep inner conviction. As a result, you often cause trouble for others. Few people know what you are thinking. There is a willingness to tough things out, or to tear them down and start over.

Well, at least it didn't say anything about being good in bed, every one I read ends up there!...I think they are all crazy and full of it but it doesn't keep me from peeking at them

Full of secrets...LOL Cause trouble for others...I think My family would definitely agree in many ways.

Willingness to tough things out and start over..I actually get told that alot..
            Interesting, thanks MM for the site!
            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
            Sharing withother survivors...
            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Of course this is all in fun. Even if you think "signs" are ridiculous, you probably know what yours is. And every horoscope and even character profile could be interpreted to make perfect personal sense. That's the beauty of it!

I have friends that do take this stuff seriously, so of course I got the whole chart thing done a few years back. I'm a Scorpio, Virgo rising, Leo moon, Venus in Scorpio (love sign) and Pluto in Libra (power sign). Most of that stuff I don't understand at all. I have been told since I was a kid, though, that I'm a "textbook Scorpio." And I'll take that, for better or worse.

My wife's a "textbook Leo"... so as you can imagine it's never been a boring relationship.

Comment

"It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor,
                Would you be mine, Could you be mine? "

Maybe I will go to church today......It's always entertaining in an irrational world.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                  "It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor,
                  Would you be mine, Could you be mine? "

Maybe I will go to church today......It's always entertaining in an irrational world.
                  And it's a great place to start for those curiously interested in religion.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                    And it's a great place to start for those curiously interested in religion.
                    Agreed. Even though I profess to be atheistic, I am glad that I had a church upbringing, which led me to explore many other religions, which led me to the choice I make to not link to any particular religion (though there are aspects of Taoism, Buddhism, Baha`i & Judeo/Christianity in my beliefs and behaviors.)

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                      I have friends that do take this stuff seriously, so of course I got the whole chart thing done a few years back. I'm a Scorpio, Virgo rising, Leo moon, Venus in Scorpio (love sign) and Pluto in Libra (power sign). Most of that stuff I don't understand at all. I have been told since I was a kid, though, that I'm a "textbook Scorpio." And I'll take that, for better or worse.

My wife's a "textbook Leo"... so as you can imagine it's never been a boring relationship.
                      I had a chart done years ago...OK well i didn't it was done for me as a gift. It was very interesting and detailed to say the least. Mine is not the reg. Scorpio but ruled by something else, I can't remember now. But I wonder if it changes since the planets have "changed".

Comment

Scorpio is a negative, fixed, water sign ruled by the Planets Mars and Pluto. Mars symbolizes will power and combative strength, while Pluto denotes the secretive side of this sun sign.

The most powerful of the zodiac signs, Scorpios are known for being shrewd, analytical and scheming. This person will do practically anything to achieve a desired end, no matter how unscrupulous it might be. They love power and are intolerant and unforgiving.

On the positive side, those with this horoscope are patient, dependable, goal oriented and have an extraordinary devotion to those they love.

Scorpio's intensity can be overwhelming and demanding. Their negative characteristics show them to be revengeful and manipulative. This sun sign is not diplomatic. They get right to the point, and stand by their own methods - come what may.

To get along with someone with this horoscope sign's demanding and domineering personality, be prepared and look closely before engaging intimately with scorpio.
                        And here is Scorpio on another website...a more negative view...geez. http://www.astrostarcharts.com/scorpio_horoscope.html

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle
                          [COLOR=Indigo]

And here is Scorpio on another website...a more negative view...geez. http://www.astrostarcharts.com/scorpio_horoscope.html
                          Wow, all the Scorpios in here .... that may explain all the hummmm back and forth that we have in here.

Scorpios most of the time bud heads with other scorpios... because we are too much alike.

Blueyecicle.... that surely is a negative view of it all...... but to be honest... some of those things are correct.

Maybe we need to rename this ..... It's a Scorpio thing....

Much luck to my fellow Scorpio
                          Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                          Mark Twain

Comment

I just think it is interesting how one site flowers it up and another nails it down. I am not manipulative and scheming but I am hard headed and driven so I guess it depends on how ya look at it.

Comment

Exactly! And I put the meaning because it fit sooo well, Keen insight(possibly) and Shrewed(another maybe).

Please don't take this as arrogant. It's just my opinion concerning my life.
                              I can't/won't take it serious because it holds no validity with me. I thought it was funny how I could find various statements in both the Chinese and Western style astrologies that I could mold to fit myself and that everyone else could also. I know who I am and how I feel about varied topics without an astrologer to tell me what that should be. As I said this was just for fun.
                              LOL---sorry I came across so cranky and pissy (I know I did---just re-read my post after two cups of coffee.. )

I know many don't take it seriously and that's fine. Others get a kick out of turning to the horoscope section of their daily paper and reading the daily nugget of wisdom, for fun.

Others take astrology very seriously. Too seriously, sometimes. I fall somewhere in the middle. I find it fun, interesting, but I don't run my life by it.

I used to do charts, by hand, for a while way back before software programs made it all so easy. I couldn't do it now if you paid me, it's been so long.

For those who are serious about this stuff, the astrodienst site has a link where you can enter your birthdate and birthplace info and you'll get a very detailed chart and analysis of that chart for free.

All in fun, of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X