Another School Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another School Shooting

What is going on these days? It's enough to make me think I might homeschool if I had kids....

Not only was it an adult this time, but now they are saying he sexually abused some of the girls he held hostage b4 killing one and himself...
    Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Re: School Shooting in CO-Again!?!?!?

Well, think about me living 2 miles from Thurston (Kip KInkel) school...it ain't going to happen...thats all I gotta say. It's hella scary.
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

So he sexually assaulted the girls he held hostage also??? I just heard on the news!

This is not an average school shooting what the heck is going on??

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlates...112048,00.html

Comment

it was some guy in his 50s who lived in his car. he picked out some girls from the class and made the rest leave and then raped 3 of them then used one as a human shield and shot in the back of the head her when she tried to get away. it was so sad. my little cousin in co. told me about it she knows a lot of kids at platte. i am so sad for those girls and for my little cousin who should NOT be trying to understand how this could happen.
        life is ok sometimes

Comment

There was also a case of a 9th grader shooting and killing his principal yesterday in Wisconsin. From reports from fellow students, the kid was considered weird and a loner to begin with. So where were the teachers to notify authorities who might have been able to stop this kid from bringing a shotgun and handgun to school? And even though a janitor was able to take away the shotgun before the kid used it, he didn't think to search the boy for additional weapons?Worse, why didn't his guardians realize that he was a troubled kid who needed help? He claimed that his teachers didn't stop other kids from harrassing him, and that he shot the principal because he didn't like the reprimand he had received from the principal for bringing tobacco to school the day before. His few friends said he bragged about always being in trouble. How many more warning signs are required to see that the kid was a walking time bomb?

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

That's the thing these days...no one sees the warnings or pretends that they don't because either they think someone else will handle it, they don't want to be involved or in certain areas-there are too many who have the same issues....
            My thing is that parents are the 1st line of defense at home-if your kid is constantly in trouble what are you doing about it? Have you met with the teachers and talked about options in reining them in if you can't handle them?
            A lot of parents I see these days give me the impression that once their kids are schoolaged, their responsibilty lessens in some way...

Comment

Apparently, happening now is a school shooting in Amish country in PA preliminary reports say 6 kids shot...situation still ongoing...

And some kid is wandering a HS campus in Las Vegas with a gun..

What the heck is going? This is too much within a wk's time

Comment

Too many kids are growing up like I did and instead of laying down and taking it they are taking it out on everyone else. Or they are medicated, or just crazy!

Comment

Re: Another School Shooting

I don't know-it does seem that more and more kids nowadays are being diagnosed with all kinds of mental problems from ADD to being Austistic, seems like it's more common to have kids with some type of issues then when I was a kid...I can't call it since supposedly we have so much more understanding and prevention techiniques to head these things off, now all that happens more often then not is some drug gets prescribed, maybe they get a few xtra helping classes or tutoring and you must have them with this label for the rest of their lives...
                  Life was pretty rough for me growing up and I may have done some crazy things and felt wronged by people-but I never thought to take a gun and kill randomly people who most likely have done nothing to you directly...this is terrorism on a another newe,r even scarier level.

When someone can line up girls (after sending the boys out much like the Co shooting) at a one room AMISH school and shoot them...something has really gone wrong in the world

Comment

<snark>Gee, d'ya think it might have something to do with the USA's lack of effective gun control laws?</snark>

Comment

Too many kids are growing up like I did and instead of laying down and taking it they are taking it out on everyone else. Or they are medicated, or just crazy!
                      I don't understand all the "kids these days!" hand wringing. There have been a few similar stories making the headlines this week, but the two specific "school shootings" referenced here -- the Colorado incident last week and this latest Pennsylvania incident -- were both the acts of adults. Duane Morrison, age 53, a "drifter," and Charles Roberts, 32, a truck driver.

School violence is a problem, yes. But violence within (Columbine) and threats from the outside (school safety) are related, but different, issues.

Comment

A 50 yr old, a ninth grader, a drifter, a trucker, ..............

Yup, that settles it. Guns kill people.

Criminals love gun control laws.
                        Last edited by timkona; October 2, 2006, 09:39 AM.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com
                        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                          I don't understand all the "kids these days!" hand wringing. There have been a few similar stories making the headlines this week, but the two specific "school shootings" referenced here -- the Colorado incident last week and this latest Pennsylvania incident -- were both the acts of adults. Duane Morrison, age 53, a "drifter," and Charles Roberts, 32, a truck driver.

School violence is a problem, yes. But violence within (Columbine) and threats from the outside (school safety) are related, but different, issues.
                          Well, outside of the 53 yr old last wk, it is thought that this is latest PA incident by the 32 yr old is in retaliation for something that happened 20 years ago-so it seems to me that something went wrong when this person was a child-they just waited a while to react...

We can also add to the recent school shooting list the 15 yr old who shot the principal last wk as well.

Either way, whether committed by children or adults-these actions are scary-what goes wrong with someone to make them want to act out in this way?
                          Last edited by hawaiidreamin; October 2, 2006, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Well, outside of the 53 yr old last wk, it is thought that this is latest PA incident by the 32 yr old is in retaliation for something that happened 20 years ago-so it seems to me that something went wrong when this person was a child-they just waited a while to react...
                            What? That still doesn't make any sense, if you're still trying to hang on to the whole "kids are messed up today!" schtick. It's kind of hard to force this week's headlines into a convenient "hell in a handbasket" trend when you're talking about not shooting someone in 1986. More importantly, lots of folks have rough childhoods. How we deal with it as adults is what makes us... you know, adults.

I don't care if he was molested by a priest in bible study or just didn't get to take the right girl to the prom, shooting up a school today isn't the fault of whomever or whatever ticked him off 20 years ago.

More guns are showing up in schools, yes. We've had a few headlines like that here in Hawaii. And school violence may very well be up. But again, don't confuse outsiders trespassing onto schools to commit violence with Columbine-esque adolescent rage. These guys weren't dizzy teens inspired by "Heathers." They're either sick, or criminal, or both.

I personally suspect media tempests like we're seeing right now are similar to the whole "shark attacks!" mess a few years back. The numbers are down or stable, but one or two high-profile incidents on a slow news day suddenly make for an epidemic.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiidreamin View Post
                              Life was pretty rough for me growing up and I may have done some crazy things and felt wronged by people-but I never thought to take a gun and kill randomly people who most likely have done nothing to you directly...this is terrorism on a another newe,r even scarier level.
                              I think if I would have had access to it I may have...I know it's terrible but a kid can only take so much.
                              Plus kids are over-medicated and we have more toxins that we don't know how they affect kids/us. They are over exposed and under-ducated and unloved. Having sex/seeing violence. Too many if factors invloved now a days to not expect some kind of violent reaction.

When I was young even though I was being molested and abused...I had no way to get violent or hurt someone. And we were taught to shut up and take it. Now days it's open and kids don't take it like they used to. I feel terrible for those kids.

Of course this does not apply to the 50 yeard ols man raping school girls. Thats inexcusable period!

Comment

Working...
                              X