David Letterman showcase Fri Oct 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Letterman showcase Fri Oct 20

What if you got some of the heaviest hitters in local comedy and put them all on one big show? And what if each of them came with their best set of material? And what if this was for a shot at getting on "The Late Show with David Letterman"??

Then you'd have The David Letterman Showcase at Pipeline Café ! It all goes down Friday, October 20 at 7pm. Here's who is going to be on this once in a lifetime showcase of Hawaii's best stand-up comics:

* Andy Bumatai
    * Mel Cabang
    * Paul Ogata
    * Da Braddahs
    * Kento
    * Shawn Felipe
    * Jordan Savusa "The Friendly Samoan"
    * Elroy Ruiz
    * Kermet Apio
    Plus, from Los Angeles:
    * Paul Morrissey
    * Erik Griffin

The talent coordinator for David Letterman will be in the house watching... and so should you! Fill the club and make it look good so your favorite comics get to do their thing on national TV!

Advance tickets are $25 general admission, and $45 for Tiki Lounge VIP. At the door it's $30/$50. Tickets will be on sale on October 3rd at Pipeline Cafe, Jelly's Aiea, Hawaii's Natural High, www.presaleticketsonline.com or charge by phone at 926-3000.

Pipeline Café is located at 805 Pohukaina St., Honolulu, HI 96813.

Re: David Letterman showcase Fri Oct 20

Holy crap! I hope they recognize that you ALL oughta be on Letterman! Good luck to you, Paul, and to my Seattle buddy Kermet Apio (who writes a humor column for the Northwest Hawai`i Times.)

Comment

I'm so there PAUL!!!

ANYONE FEEL LIKE JOINING and making this a "Gathering?"

Comment

I too am SO THERE!

Paul, don't forget to bring your "Samoan iPod" with you (the PA speaker). lol

The ticket prices are a steal for all that talent. I wish Greg Hammer were also on the roster.

I'm gonna' sit WAY in the back for fear of getting "picked on" with my (almost) bald shaved head. Would be Mel to key in on that.

Hopefully this event gets videotaped. I'm sure there'll be some classic skits worth archiving.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Pomai... Like grab a bite to eat somewhere first?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
            Pomai... Like grab a bite to eat somewhere first?
            Shoots! Let's see how many other HT'ers are in on this, then we can all decide who/what/where to eat. Before or after? Whatevahz.

This is going to be a fun night!
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I'm definitely up for it but can't commit 'til a couple of days prior to 10/20, when I'll know my work schedule.

Comment

So what are some of the options for restaraunts around pipeline?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                  So what are some of the options for restaraunts around pipeline?
                  Dixie Grill across Ward from Sports Authority
                  Wahoo Fish Tacos, same parking lot as SA
                  Ward Warehouse
                  Ward Center
                  Restaurant Row

Comment

Hey paul... just noticed from your myspace page that you have gigs on the outter islands too tonight and toomorow!

So I'll post that email address that Locke has written out for you so that people on the outter islands also get a chance to see you LIVE! (GO SUPPORT) besides he's freaking hilarious!

www.paulogata.com
                    (and I'll post it here to )

Sep 29 2006 8:00P TONIGHT
                    Maui County Fair Wailuku HI
                    Sep 30 2006 9:00P Toomorow Night
                    Big Island Comedy Club Kailua Kona HI
                    Oct 14 2006 8:00P
                    Perry & Price Saturday Morning Show Honolulu HI

Paul... like join Pomai and I for some grinds before the Letterman showcase?
                    Last edited by damontucker; September 29, 2006, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                      Holy crap! I hope they recognize that you ALL oughta be on Letterman! Good luck to you, Paul, and to my Seattle buddy Kermet Apio (who writes a humor column for the Northwest Hawai`i Times.)
                      Man that link is funny stuff (Super Nanny!) thanks I'm adding it to my blog links! I couldn't even finish reading it all so funny!
                      As long as my Wasabeefu Chips, my Tonkotsu Ramen, and my Chocoflakes stocks are good and I live less than 10 miles away from an L&L's all is right in the world. Yes Utah has an L&L's actually they have 2 now.

But I'm all out of Chocoflakes so I'm only 3/4's fine the last 1/4 of my life you can find me in a fetal position rocking back and forth trying and possibly failing to do College Algebra....Sad but true..

Comment

Pomai...
                        Check out the pupu menu... I'm down for eating there....
                        http://www.pipelinecafe.net/pupumenu.htm

Looks like they have a pretty full selection of everything!

Comment

Hey, thanks for all the positive feedback. Manoa, I don't usually eat right before a gig, otherwise I might hurl all over the front row. Kind of like a Gallagher show, but worse. But if you guys do go eat somewhere after, I'm always down for some post-show grinds.

Oh, and here's a flyer.

Comment

Paul - Is this a parents use their own discretion event?

Or should kids under 18 definately be left home? My 2 year-old will be at home... but my wife may come if we can find a sitter.

How long do you expect the show to last???

Pomai... you wanna hold off and eat w/ Paul afters... or what??? I'm down for anything... and I can always eat twice

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                              Paul - Is this a parents use their own discretion event?
                              Or should kids under 18 definately be left home? My 2 year-old will be at home... but my wife may come if we can find a sitter.
                              The flyer does say "all ages welcome." From what I know of Kermet's humor at least, there's nothing in it that will upset children. Granted, they may be BORED by the observational humor of adults, but that's different.
                              I would guess that the comics, knowing that they are shooting for an opportunity to appear on national network television, are likely to keep their material "safe" for that outlet.

And just because it's so easy to pick on Manoa, here's an out-of-context quote for you:
                              Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                              If you can't find a babysitter for your child because you want to go party you should stay home and party with your child.
                              Hugs, Manoa!

Comment

Working...
                              X