Trying to Find a Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to Find a Song

Just got back from a week in Maui. While heading to the airport for my flight home, was listening to Q103 FM, and heard a song I can't get out of my head, and can't seem to find. Since people on this site seem to be very helpful, thought I'd give it a chance. All the lyrics I remember were " preacher man", "holy man", "take this life", "down on my knees". A spiritual song with a beautiful vibe. I'll call it Reggae. Male vocalist, female background. Had an almost electronic sample in the song. Would love to find out the Artist and song name. Thanks in advance.

Re: Song Stuck in My Head

I'm not familiar with it, but I googled some of the lyrics and came up with this … is that it?

Edited to add: Oops! <blush> I guess this doesn't exactly sound "spiritual":

"These people want to hurt me, my momma dead so f*** 'em
    "A small timer on the rise, so nothin' I feel
    "To my niggas in the county, I might do a bit with ya
    "Boy, in the streets I don't care with ya my nigga"
    Last edited by MadAzza; September 29, 2006, 10:36 PM. Reason: I read more of the lyrics!

Comment

Thanks to all for such quick response. I am neither from Hawaii, or live there, but have spent many a summer since late 70's on Napili Bay. So very familiar with the people of the islands, and not surprised by the "love" here on this site.
      I too Googled the lyrics and came up with what you had MadAzza. I will check out the suggestions from the other posts, and will keep looking for other posts. Much Mahalo

Comment

I think it's the song: BILLY DON'T BE A HERO....from the 60's!
        John Keoni Monte

Monte Consulting
        media-marketing-management

The Full Monte
        voice over talent

Comment

Originally posted by Monte View Post
          What? This song? I don't see any of the lyrics poi'boy is looking for...

Q-103FM (KNUQ) on Maui does post its "top songs" on the web. Maybe the one you heard is one of the tunes in high rotation? My first guess was that it was a cover of some kind of gospel song, but if it's a reggae original, that's a genre of music where we'll probably need an expert to ID the tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Monte View Post
            LOL...Billy Don't Be a Hero came out in 74'.

Comment

Originally posted by na alii View Post
              LOL...Billy Don't Be a Hero came out in 74'.
              I'd love to hear it as a reggae song, too...

Comment

Working...
              X