X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii Marine Selling Muhammed Bomb Bubblehead

Gets yours while they last.
    Support local business.
    Buy Hawaii Products first. (of course made in China)

http://www.dashboardmohammed.com/proofs.html

A ceramic bobblehead doll of the Prophet Muhammed - created to resemble the infamous caricature published by a Danish newspaper - is being hawked online for $22.99 a pop by an ex-Marine.

The unapologetic creator, Timothy Ames, 28, said the bobblehead is similar to "dashboard Jesus" figurines that can be stuck with adhesive to flat surfaces. "I thought, 'If they flipped out over some cartoons what will they do with a dashboard Muhammed?'" Ames said from his home in Hawaii.

But Islamic experts are not amused, saying the bobbleheads could anger Muslims, whose religion strictly prohibits depictions of the prophet.

"No depiction of the prophet, even if it is positive, should be made ever - and certainly not one as ridiculous as the bobblehead Muhammed," said Zvi Ben-Dor Benite, an assistant professor at New York University. "I don't think it's about freedom of speech. This is the freedom to insult, which he shouldn't be doing."
    Last edited by kamuelakea; October 1, 2006, 07:49 AM.

Re: Hawaii Marine Selling Muhammed Bomb Bubblehead

Reminds me of the comic book that came out a few months ago of Jesus.
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

"I don't think it's about freedom of speech. This is the freedom to insult, which he shouldn't be doing."

This sentence really highlights the depth and breadth of difference that separates western freedom from mid-eastern suppression.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

The guy probably should have used a pseudonym; there will probably be a fatwa issued against him by some radical Muslims who take such things as insults to their religion. But this is a free country, and if he thinks he can make money off this (the same way that people are making money off Jesus dolls), then more power to him.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
          The guy probably should have used a pseudonym; there will probably be a fatwa issued against him by some radical Muslims who take such things as insults to their religion. But this is a free country, and if he thinks he can make money off this (the same way that people are making money off Jesus dolls), then more power to him.

Miulang

Oh oh Miulang, be careful, even agreeing that he has the right to market this doll makes you a target as well. Now the peace loving Muslims could be coming after you as well. The people from the religion of peace don't differentiate,.... its all black and white.
          Last edited by kamuelakea; October 1, 2006, 09:22 AM.

Comment

I bet every Muslim is just thrilled to go out and try to kill another Marine, especially after all the success they have had against Marines everywhere.

The definition of insanity is performing the same act, expecting a different result. Islam will continue down a suicidal path, especially when they try to mix it with Marines. And yet, the apologists will continue to prop up Islam.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

A few years ago, I ordered a Bobblehead Jesus. Actually, I got two, and gave one away.

Dashboard Mohammed will nicely complement my bobblehead religious figure collection.
              Last edited by MadAzza; October 1, 2006, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                "I don't think it's about freedom of speech. This is the freedom to insult, which he shouldn't be doing."

This sentence really highlights the depth and breadth of difference that separates western freedom from mid-eastern suppression.
                No kidding. It's no surprise that the guy's a university professor, is it? In the United States, of course, where he can freely exercise his right to speak by trying to suppress someone else's.

(OK, Ryan, I will figure out the new multi-quote feature, I promise!)

Comment

Working...
                X