The Who In Honolulu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Who In Honolulu

According to the Who's website, Townshend and Daltrey and the gang will play Blaisdell Arena August 3rd with tickets going on sale June 19.

My all time favorite band. Can't wait!!

Re: The Who In Honolulu

I wonder what ticket prices will be. I noticed that lower-bowl seats for Arena football are $25, for cryin' out loud; I shudder to think what they might be for these guys.

I also wonder who's gonna fill out the band; must be a little odd to come into a group where the requirements are "you play bass and you play drums, and to you everything we do is a cover."
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

The band recently has been Zac Starkey (Ringo's son) on drums and Pino Palladino on bass--very able replacements.

Comment

The Who were titillating until I found out how much tickets were.

Comment

The show was worth every penny--Roger can still sing a razor line everytime and Pete's guitar playing has actually improved over the years.

Zac Starkey was the highlight of the night, doing Keith proud. Pino stayed in the shadows and held things down but did at least get a spotlight in the "My Generation" bass solo.

Was nice to see a sold out (or close to it) Blaisdell rocking.

Comment

Burl posted his and a friend's recap at Check6Honolulu. And the Honolulu Advertiser's Derek Paiva wrote this more thorough review. Nothing surprising, nothing spontaneous, but everything you'd expect.

My most frequent exposure to "The Who" remains the opening credits to CBS' two (soon to be three) "CSI" series.

Comment

Alas I was only allowed there for the first three songs (sadly leaving to get back to the office as they broke into Baba), but it was a stellar show. Not many bands like that around anymore.

Comment

Was also quite cool to see Pete jumping and windmilling while wearing a lei during one song.

Comment

I'm just grateful Paul and Ringo have never tried to tour as "The Beatles".

Comment

Working...
                  X