Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special considerations for exterior car care in Hawaii

Hey everybody,

Do you feel that living in Hawaii demands any special considerations for taking care of the exterior of your car? For example, exposure to sun and salty air, volcanic ash, etc..

I'm picking up a new car tonight and wanted to start on the right foot taking care of the paint. It is a Taffeta White Honda, which I understand has no clearcoat. So I wanted to find a wax (or, more generally, a "sealant") that is good for long lasting protection. After some research on the web, it seems like the synthetics have gained favor over the pure carnauba wax products for providing long lasting protection against weathering.

Do you find that paint fades faster in Hawaii? Do you look for waxes with UV protection? Do you find that you need to wax more often in Hawaii?

How do cars rust compared to mainland? We don't need to deal with salting of icy road in the cold winters, but does the salt in the air do similar damage. Do you spray the underneath of your car after a day at the beach?

Do you find that your windows get etched with water spots? How do you deal with them?

Other considerations?

Allen
Working...
X