Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Mainland house for sale vs. A Hawaii house for sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Mainland house for sale vs. A Hawaii house for sale!

A friend of mine is selling there townhouse in the mainland...

http://matrix.mris.com/Matrix/Public...ID=15671202603

I have posted this with there permission... I was just wondering what something like this might fetch here on Oahu?

I was just wondering what people here on Oahu would pay for something like that here on Oahu.

There are additional pictures at the top left pushing the camera icon.

I told them at least a million it would fetch... on Oahu....(in the right district)

any other estimates... considering there is land attatched?
    admins... please move this to the selling thread if needed
    Last edited by damontucker; October 2, 2006, 08:40 PM. Reason: admins... please move this to the selling thread if needed...my bad

Re: A Mainland house for sale vs. A Hawaii house for sale!

Hey Manoa. First thing I notice is that there is very little zoning in the State of Hawaii that allows for a 2,880 sf lot. That makes around 12 units per acre net, and is pretty high density. It's what we truly need here to preserve ag land and open space, but the loudest voices are trying to keep the place "country", because they have no knowledge of the destruction wrought by low-density development. Ask Orange County, home of the subdivision with 15,000 sf lots, where few oranges are grown anymore.

A 4 bedroom "condo" is almost unheard of anywhere in Hawaii. But imagine the solutions that could be found in this design for affordable housing.

In Baltimore, in 1989, condensed growth was becoming more popular, leading to homes like this one. That trend is just beginning in Hawaii, but the social pressure for low-density growth, by people who fail to understand the implications, is at a high point, especially in South Kona.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

so from an assesment point tk...since your in the business... say this lot was about 10 miles outside of the heart of downtown Honolulu?

What would YOU value it... seems your in the business (per say this property was in Hawaii)
      don't walk around the question...

You see what I'm presenting...what would this be worth 10 miles outside of the heart of honolulu?

I sold my mom's house on the mainland for much less than it would ever be worth here in Hawaii.
      Last edited by damontucker; October 2, 2006, 08:46 PM.

Comment

TimKona has already said it's worth what the comps are and then add 10% a year until 2016 cuz of the boomers.

Buy now. Hurry. Get in now while you can.

Real estate only goes up up up.

Comment

For Kona, easy $450+ with so many bedrooms. Too bad we don't build them like that over here. Think of how many families would love a 4 bedroom duplex condo on a real small piece of land.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Once again... tk... Please do your best to address my initial question...
            10 miles out of kona can be country and so your 450 K assesment is not what I'm looking for.

10 miles outside of honolulu... say.... Hawaii Kai.. Or Even Closer to Honolulu... Kahala... ?

Comment

I don't work over there enough to have a clue. You live there. What you think?
              FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                I don't work over there enough to have a clue. You live there. What you think?
                I said... at least a mil... however... I don't get paid to do this... and you said you do this kine....

Comment

Working...
                X