PDA

View Full Version : Our Starbucks Art Project....

christa
October 3rd, 2006, 09:00 AM
....well we moved offices so the Starbucks Art Project here at GRI was a few days late. Please let me know what you think?

there's some more detail on the blog (http://grisearch.wordpress.com/2006/10/03/disappear-no-sir-we-just-moved-offices/)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/cwittmier/work/n2.jpg

tutusue
October 3rd, 2006, 09:23 AM
Very cool, Christa. I love a creative imagination. :)

damontucker
October 3rd, 2006, 02:19 PM
I'm at home....now... and Now I can actually see the picture....

Thats Cool.... are they just cups then? Gee you could create a whole jungle!

pzarquon
October 3rd, 2006, 02:24 PM
Indeed, very cool Christa. Was the tree-inspired piece your first, or one of many? Are there other entries? Nov. 17 leaves a lot of time to collect various Starbucks artifacts, so I hope your next one is bigger and better.

blueyecicle
October 3rd, 2006, 02:26 PM
Pretty freakin cool! I love it. Great idea.

damontucker
October 3rd, 2006, 02:33 PM
I'm at home now and can view the pics...see previous post that was edited.

jdub
October 3rd, 2006, 06:28 PM
makes me realize what a profound lack of visual creativity i have...nice work!

Queenolu
October 3rd, 2006, 06:37 PM
Wow Christa.... that is wayyyyyyyy cool. Can't wait to see your next one.

WindwardOahuRN
October 3rd, 2006, 06:45 PM
Is this like...crumpled cups? :o

tutusue
October 3rd, 2006, 07:01 PM
Is this like...crumpled cups? :o
Unfortunately, Christa's blog link in post #1 isn't working right now. But, when it's up and running again, that'll explain it. Very creative.

damontucker
October 3rd, 2006, 07:05 PM
Unfortunately, Christa's blog link in post #1 isn't working right now. But, when it's up and running again, that'll explain it. Very creative.
now that's funny tutu... cause I couldn't see it at work...and now I can... but now you can't and earlier your could!

tutusue
October 3rd, 2006, 07:16 PM
now that's funny tutu... cause I couldn't see it at work...and now I can... but now you can't and earlier your could!
I can...now! Technology! Can't do with...can't do without! :o

kaipo
October 4th, 2006, 10:54 AM
That's really cool christa!!!! I want one for my office!!!!!!

christa
October 9th, 2006, 12:40 PM
oh my gosh! i have been out of town and HT-less for the past few days and didn't notice the response. *sigh* i love my extended internet family :)

we actually used those cup-holders for the base and just cut leaves from the bags. so simple. i think that's a big difference between "people" and "artists".... the motivation to just follow through with an idea. you know?

either way, thanks for all the comments. i love u guys. pm me if you want one we can do office calls after 3:30pm and it takes literally 10 min. heh!

[not sure if the blog link works but it's here (http://grisearch.wordpress.com/)]

Menehune Man
October 10th, 2006, 07:16 PM
I think that's a big difference between "people" and "artists".... the motivation to just follow through with an idea. you know?

I agree completely. Everyone has ideas... be they visual, musical, poetical, etc. We just gotta follow through. Thanks for the inspiration!
My Blog has become mostly Poetical.

PS: Free The Dog!

tikiyaki
October 12th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Christa...

That's very nice tiki in that pic of the Starbux Art Project...
How much you want for it ? ;)

By the way, With the amount of Stabucks I drink I could probably have one of those art projects in about a month myself.:rolleyes:

tutusue
October 24th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Wow Christa.... that is wayyyyyyyy cool. Can't wait to see your next one.
I'm the next one! Christa...post your photo! It's very, very cool!

tutusue
October 25th, 2006, 10:55 PM
I'm the next one! Christa...post your photo! It's very, very cool!
Hmmm...I think Christa is busy with work and HIFF so I took a photo! She and her friend/coworker, Jackie, put this together in about 20 minutes...and that includes all of the cutting! I love it! :)

christa
October 26th, 2006, 06:42 AM
our FIRST art installation! hmmmm, i'm still not happy with right tree's base. but imperfection is the base of life, right? or... something like that ;)

SO LOVELY to come by and do this for you sue! this right here is the perfect example of why i love HT [and the internet] so much.

jacquie said we need to do the pau hana thing again. i agree!

much love, cw

christa
October 26th, 2006, 06:57 AM
almost forgot the photos!
[sue you were right-- i was super busy with work and hiff, HEH!]

http://www.hawaiistories.com/gallery/albums/christa/860710662405_0_ALB.jpg

http://www.hawaiistories.com/gallery/albums/christa/655620662405_0_ALB.jpg

http://www.hawaiistories.com/gallery/albums/christa/630079562405_0_ALB.jpg

pzarquon
October 26th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Very cool. A signed original! May very well be part of a rare, limited edition, numbered series, eh? And after "The Palm Series," I wonder what designs will follow?

tutusue
October 26th, 2006, 09:36 AM
our FIRST art installation! hmmmm, i'm still not happy with right tree's base. but imperfection is the base of life, right? or... something like that ;)
[...]
jacquie said we need to do the pau hana thing again. i agree![...]
I love that the right tree's trunk isn't 'perfect' (whatever that is)! There are 4 palm trees right outside my living room and not one has a straight trunk.

I'm up for a Tuesday pau hana at Oceans again. Come to think of it that would be a good place for an HT get together. Drinks (not all!) are $2.50 and there's a menu full of delicious pupus at $1.95 each. Great deal, really.

Very cool. A signed original! May very well be part of a rare, limited edition, numbered series, eh? And after "The Palm Series," I wonder what designs will follow?
YES! Christa, you and Jacquie have to come back to othe office and number your artwork!

I heard yesterday that a flyer went out to businesses in our area (and where else I don't know) asking everyone to save their disposables and donate them to a crafts project. Don't know anything more than that as I didn't receive a flyer.