The Nine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nine

So did anyone leave the TV on ABC after Lost finished?

The show that followed it, The Nine, was actually pretty good.

Nine people are in a bank when it gets robbed. But instead of watching how it all plays out, the first episode shows everything until the robbers pull their weapons in the bank... then jumps ahead to when the police storm the bank and rescue the hostages after more than two days in captivity.

So people are wounded, things have happened... but what exactly?

Gotta watch the rest of the season... and since I'll already be watching Lost, it makes it pretty easy to remember to watch The Nine.

Anyone else see it?

Re: The Nine

Yeah I watched it too. Trouble is I could only count eight people not nine which include:
    1. The Cop
    2. The Assistant DA
    3. The Bank Manager
    4. The Bank Manager's daughter
    5. The Doctor
    6. The Social worker who is a co-worker of the doctor
    7. The Bank Teller
    8. The guy who was asking for a loan for a boat

The ninth person might be:
    Either the bank robber who is in prison or the Bank Teller's sister who died in the episode.

Comment

Both sisters were tellers at the bank, and I think as the season goes on we'll find out what happened to both of them during the two days they were held captive.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
        Yeah I watched it too. Trouble is I could only count eight people not nine which include:
        I am pretty sure the 9th person is the Bank Teller that died. Something happened along the way that we have yet to find out on how she got shot.

I know the DA's mother was in the bank too but it seems they let her go somehow by something the Cop did... so I don't think she is the 9th person.
        Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
        Mark Twain

Comment

What I want to know is what happened to the Bank Managers daughter. She claims she can't remember what happened in the two days and her Dad is not talking either....

At the end she went to see the Robber that is in jail....... hummmmm

Can't wait to see how all these plays out.
          Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
          Mark Twain

Comment

We're curious about this show (though of course reluctant to get sucked into yet another program, having decided we also like "Smith" and "Heroes"), but missed the premiere -- both last night (our TiVo switched to another show while we were finishing up "LOST") and on Saturday (it also got an advance premiere at Sunset on the Beach).

Of course I couldn't resist picking up on some familiar themes... a diverse selection of people united by a single traumatic event whose lives (and connections) are explored in flash back? Where have we seen that before?

So, quick question. Where is the "present" in this series? Are we basically going to ride along in the immediate aftermath of the robbery, flashing back to the robbery (or perhaps before) now and then? Or are we some months or years down the line? What do you sense will be the balance of flashback and new storyline development?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
              We're curious about this show (though of course reluctant to get sucked into yet another program, having decided we also like "Smith" and "Heroes"), but missed the premiere -- both last night (our TiVo switched to another show while we were finishing up "LOST") and on Saturday (it also got an advance premiere at Sunset on the Beach).

Of course I couldn't resist picking up on some familiar themes... a diverse selection of people united by a single traumatic event whose lives (and connections) are explored in flash back? Where have we seen that before?

So, quick question. Where is the "present" in this series? Are we basically going to ride along in the immediate aftermath of the robbery, flashing back to the robbery (or perhaps before) now and then? Or are we some months or years down the line? What do you sense will be the balance of flashback and new storyline development?
              Yeah sure, this is LOST all over again. Are we surprised that its on the same network that we LOST is on. Just glad that I saw the show from the beginning. Didn't see lost at the beginning and that's why I never got into LOST.

With this show, the present is now, after the robbery. I think they will be giving us flashbacks and little bits of what happened during the robbery and how everything affects the way the 9 people react to it. We know one person died already ... how would that affect the sister....

I think basically, what happened at the bank will make a major impact on everyone concerned. And this will change the way they behave and react to things and it will affect everything moving forward.

Such as, the woman that is pregnant... I think the social worker.... she is pregnant by the doctor....what happened in there that makes her not want to tell him now that she is pregnant. It seems that he did something cowardly during the robbery.

Why can't the manager's daughter remember anything and what is the Dad not saying... did the robbers abuse her in there..... just a lot to wonder about...

How did the bank teller got shot...

Hummmmmmmm lots of answers that they will now have to draggggg on forever... like on LOST.
              Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

Mark Twain

Comment

Ohhh my goodness.... is anybody watching the show now........
                the daughter of the banker is friends with the bank robber..... it seems she is in love with him or something.........

Wow... what a twist..... ok... did she help them plan it......
                Last edited by admin; October 11, 2006, 06:34 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags.
                Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks for spoiling it for us...

Comment

doh! t -

Remember we 6 hours back here!

Comment

SPOILER TAGS ARE YOUR FRIENDS.

I try not to visit threads the day the show airs, but because I haven't read this thread in a few days, I wanted to catch up on discussion before I watch the show tonight.

Thanks.
                      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                      We're not here to mess around
                      Boston, you know we love you madly
                      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                      You know we couldn't live without you
                      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                        Thanks for spoiling it for us...
                        Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                        SPOILER TAGS ARE YOUR FRIENDS.
                        Ohhhh goshhhhhhhhhh I am sooooooooo very sorry everyone...... please forgive me... it will not happen again. I totally forgot about the time thing.... slap slap slap...
                        Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

Mark Twain

Comment

But...it's only a TV show.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah View Post
                            But...it's only a TV show.
                            Go tell that to the folks who post regularly in the "Lost" thread...

I'm not losing any sleep over it, since I watched the first episode and you could see this particular storyline coming a mile away. Smells like a trolling attempt, anyway.

But Queenolu, if you don't mind, please use the spoiler tags. Thanks.
                            Last edited by Palolo Joe; October 11, 2006, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                              In the opening photo montage, they had the faces of "The Nine" -- which included the bank robber.

I had a feeling it wasn't the dead bank teller because she wouldn't be much of a storyline, considering she's already dead, and much of the plot focuses on life after being taken hostage.
                              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                              We're not here to mess around
                              Boston, you know we love you madly
                              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                              You know we couldn't live without you
                              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Working...
                              X