Thanks for supporting Hawaiian music on the radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for supporting Hawaiian music on the radio

This weekend, the "Hawai`i Radio Connection" show will be fundraising on KBCS 91.3 FM, the home for this show for well over a decade.

Long ago, KBCS recognized the need for having a radio show that not only addresses the musical tastes of the growing Hawaiian/Pacific Islander community in the Puget Sound region, but one that brings great Island music to a wider audience. Under the guidance of Braddah Gomes, Cousin Clarice, Uncle Ed and others, the program has grown to be one of the most popular programs on the station - both in numbers of listeners and the amount of money brought in at fundraising time.

Those of us involved with the program are grateful to all our wonderful listeners and supporters, and hope you will tune in this Saturday, and do what you can to help meet our financial goals during this drive.

Tune in live, Saturday, October 7, from Noon to 2:00 pm Pacific Time, on KBCS 91.3 FM (Seattle area), and online at http://kbcs.fm - MAHALO!

=Uncle Gregg=

Re: Thanks for supporting Hawaiian music on the radio

Hey Leo;

Just saw this.............cool........this means you are getting new rims on your Lexus, right????

Your signal is pretty weak on the Westside so I usually tune in when I am in the area. Always a treat.

I will make a contribution fer sure but do I make it in behalf of the show or to the radio station directly????? I don't want that folky bluegrassy dude that comes on before you to put your dubs on his 72 Jimmy.
    You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy View Post
      Hey Leo;
      Just saw this.............cool........this means you are getting new rims on your Lexus, right????
      Considering that I just got hit with a $3K+ bill for unexpected car repairs yesterday (on a '94 Saturn), you're makin' me weep.

Originally posted by nachodaddy View Post
      Your signal is pretty weak on the Westside so I usually tune in when I am in the area. Always a treat.
      I will make a contribution fer sure but do I make it in behalf of the show or to the radio station directly????? I don't want that folky bluegrassy dude that comes on before you to put your dubs on his 72 Jimmy.
      Thanks - glad you enjoy the show; there's about ten of us who rotate through as hosts, all volunteers.

I'm not sure if the online contribution form has a place where you can designate a favorite program, but you know how it is - all the money goes into the grand pool for the station's operations; they don't dole it out show-by-show.

But HRC has been a consistently high draw for years, often the most successful music program at beg-a-thon time. The station is very supportive in getting us what we need, and often sponsors Hawaiian music gigs in the community.

Comment

Bumpity-bumpity-bump...

Been a few months since mentioning the radio show, even though I do it every month. Just a quick note to remind you that I'll be on again tomorrow, with my Moloka`i co-host, Manono, from Noon-2 pm Pacific Time (10 am-Noon Hawai`i Time). Puget Sound residents can tune in to KBCS at 91.3 FM; others can catch the live stream online here.

Tomorrow's program will feature our rundown of the Top Ten Hawaiian CDs of 2006, as voted on by the `ohana of hosts for the show.

Comment

Working...
        X